onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

iBoom Boom - was it a red?

sapperclarke

Advert

I don't know what football you've been watching but I certainly hope you don't see tackles like that in every match. I'm pretty sure that any tackle like that would result in the same injury.

A fraction of a second is all it takes to do someone too.

@bertie: It was for the ball but it was late. Certainly didn't go out to hurt him, just tried to stop him from scoring. Nicholls was faster though and unfortunately Boom took his leg, his wallet and his nuts.

Only going on real time but it just looked massively unlucky for their player.

McCombe was clearly trying to play the ball, their lad got his foot to it first, Boom then ends up going into him.

Like Haldane last year, it is simply one of those things that can happen on a football pitch. Was it a red? Tough call. Does Boom deserve any stick? Absolutely not. Just trying to do his job and unlucky to catch the lad.

I don't know what football you've been watching but I certainly hope you don't see tackles like that in every match. I'm pretty sure that any tackle like that would result in the same injury.

Well I clearly watch more football than you and I saw a similarly late tackle just before half time today on Vincent in their area. Didn't produce the same result fortunately. There was a far worse challenge in the Tyne Wear Derby last week - stupid, late over the top challenge nowhere near the ball. Broken leg? No. Morsy's challenge in the Oxford match - late, reckless. Broken leg? No.

not seen today's incident yet so have no idea if it's a red card or not but why do people always use the "he was going for the ball" line when talking about whether a tackle is a red card or not.

it has literally zero bearing on whether a foul deserves a red or not

Had the misfortune of watching it on SSN and it was the most blatant red card i've seen in a good while. Nowhere near the ball and nearly ripped his lower leg off.

I'm sorry but just because a tackle isn't two footed doesn't mean it shouldn't be treated as a red card offence.

He certainly didn't mean it but it was a terrible challenge. Had trouble watching it.

So blatent that at least 2 Northampton players shook Booms hand as he was leaving the field.No malice it was a last ditch atempt to stop a certain goal.

Well I clearly watch more football than you and I saw a similarly late tackle just before half time today on Vincent in their area. Didn't produce the same result fortunately. There was a far worse challenge in the Tyne Wear Derby last week - stupid, late over the top challenge nowhere near the ball. Broken leg? No. Morsy's challenge in the Oxford match - late, reckless. Broken leg? No.

And can I add that Chris Herd challenge on MOTD which wasn't even a booking??

Have now seen the video and have to say Boom is a little unlucky IMHO to have walked.

Tried to play the ball, catches the lad a split second late and you will see far worse up and down the country punished with no more than a free kick.

His reaction when he got up was not one of a player who had been trying to hurt or endanger an opponent.

Have now seen the video and have to say Boom is a little unlucky IMHO to have walked.

Tried to play the ball, catches the lad a split second late and you will see far worse up and down the country punished with no more than a free kick.

His reaction when he got up was not one of a player who had been trying to hurt or endanger an opponent.

irrelevant and irrelevant

still not seen it, so not saying it was a red card. i'm just saying people defend challenges with things that have no bearing on whether a tackle deserves a red card or not.

you can try and play the ball (hell, you can play the ball) and you can tackle without trying to hurt someone BUT if that tackle is deemed to be made with excessive force then it is a red card offence

Archived