onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gareth Bale

For Us All

Advert

Last game of the season, Vale need a goal to win and get automatic promotion. Pope controls the ball and runs into the area..he's clipped by the defender, makes no attempt to stay on his feet and falls theatriclly to the ground.

Ref gives a penalty

Vale score and results go our way and we win League 2

Would it have been better if Pope had tried to stay on his feet and in doing to miscued, missed and Vale ended up finising outside the playoffs

I hate diving but it's up to the FA etc to punish it more harshly..it would soon stop if it were a mandatory yellow oustide the box and a manadatory red in the box. Yes some who didn't dive would get punished but hey, life isn't easy

Until the players,manager, fa and media stop avoiding the subject by saying things like ' there was contact' , ' he's got every right to go down' and my fave ' he's WON a penalty' this will not stop. It needs the guilty players to be publicly outed as 'cheats'.

None of the simulation cr@p or ungentlemanly conduct. In the paper in the refs report on Gillette soccer they should be called cheats

Im sure some teams coach players in how to fall over. Therefore it is hard for refs to distinguish between foul or dive, but they ban people retrospectively for other things so there's no excuse. Diving can be eradicated if football wants it to be.

I may be miss quoting slightly but a well known hard nut of the 70's once said "if someone dived and i got a red card I'd kick them when they are on the floor so I'd got something to get sent off for"

Last game of the season, Vale need a goal to win and get automatic promotion. Pope controls the ball and runs into the area..he's clipped by the defender, makes no attempt to stay on his feet and falls theatriclly to the ground.

Ref gives a penalty

Vale score and results go our way and we win League 2

Would it have been better if Pope had tried to stay on his feet and in doing to miscued, missed and Vale ended up finising outside the playoffs

I hate diving but it's up to the FA etc to punish it more harshly..it would soon stop if it were a mandatory yellow oustide the box and a manadatory red in the box. Yes some who didn't dive would get punished but hey, life isn't easy

On occassions diving has secured undue advantage but in the end does not pay and erodes the status of the player concerned and goodwill of fans.

Going back to Bale. He embeliished the situation and dived. The ref has to make a decision and made the wrong one. He caused the ref to make a decision and lost the opportunity as a result. I put it like this, Messi does not dive and takes a lot more punishment often violent than Bales. In the same situation Messi would have carried on and scored and that is why he got 91 goals last year and Bale got very few. That is why, despite talent not that far behind Messi, Bale is no more than a Premier League winger who had one good game against Inter and why Messi may become the first player to win 4 world player of the year awards shortly. It is up to Bale to learn how to manage the problem of being fouled much better if wants to be a top top player. And the years are going by.

Messi has just won his fourth world player of the year award with Ronaldo second and Iniesta third. The world team of the year, which includes international considerations, consists of 11 players that all come from La Liga. Seven are from Spain. Big message about status in world football, how La Liga is valued round the world, and that although the Premier League is highly entertaining it technically is not at the same level. That is because players like Bale are not doing as well as they could.

Messi has just won his fourth world player of the year award with Ronaldo second and Iniesta third. The world team of the year, which includes international considerations, consists of 11 players that all come from La Liga. Seven are from Spain. Big message about status in world football, how La Liga is valued round the world, and that although the Premier League is highly entertaining it technically is not at the same level. That is because players like Bale are not doing as well as they could.

Is it true that Gareth Bale has won the Fellon d'Floor award?:unsure:

• 1 month later...

Credit where it's due to Gareth Bale and he seems to be on fire at the moment.Scored some cracking goals of late,none better than last nights winner against West Ham.He also seems to have cut out some of the blatant diving he was much ridiculed for.Spurs will do well to hang on to him at the end of the season.

He's in incredible form at the moment, best player in the Prem, shame he's not English. His free kicks are unbelievable, the dip he gets on the ball is phenomenal. I was rooting for West Ham last night but his last goal got me out of my chair, worth the admission alone to see him play.

There's talk of bringing Ronaldo back to Man U, if I was sir Alex I would be beaking the bank to get Bale.

He's in incredible form at the moment, best player in the Prem, shame he's not English. His free kicks are unbelievable, the dip he gets on the ball is phenomenal. I was rooting for West Ham last night but his last goal got me out of my chair, worth the admission alone to see him play.

There's talk of bringing Ronaldo back to Man U, if I was sir Alex I would be beaking the bank to get Bale.

Sir Alex tried to sign Bale when he was a youngster at Southampton but he opted for Spurs.

Archived