onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cambridge (H) Match Thread - 27th April

Advert

40 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

It flew over at 12.30 plenty of video evidence on X of them laughing at us.

It must be fantastic to gloat when you're 18th in the Championship.

Never finished above 14th since they got relegated,have the richest chairperson outside of the Prem,who has pumped millions into the club.

A team who has avoided relegation by beating Rotherham twice.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, princesslear said:

MOTM today & 401 appearances & hardly any missed thro injury or suspensions. 

Brilliant. Turned up against a side with nowt play for when we’re already relegated. What about the other 40 odd games this season? He’s been utterly woeful all season. I guess performances like Lincoln at home deserve a clap. He’s been ok in the past but he needs moving on 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

He’s been ok in the past but he needs moving on 

It’s a game of opinions, but I think it’s a massive disservice to say he’s only been ok in the past. I also don’t think he should be moved on either. Let’s say next season we sign some better centre halves and we need to make a change during the game… if we’re bringing on the yak people would be crying out instead for a player like smith to come on. Some people don’t know what’s in front of them sometimes. He still has a year on his deal too.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, princesslear said:

Well with no attackers obviously defence going to be pushed to the limits & had no settled partnership

You can make as many excuses as you like for him, but I’m sorry he’s been awful. And I’m a big fan of Smith! Love the bloke to bits he’s Vale through & through but sentiment goes out the window. You can’t blame the attackers for his individual mistakes & he’s made more this season than any other season that I can remember. He’s always been decent in league 2. Personally I’d be taking the armband off him. Take any pressure off & just let him do what he’s best at defending. And he’s no leader or vocal enough to be captaining the team for me 

• Like 3

We’ve seen enough of Smith to know his qualities and his level. He’s been a model of consistency for almost a decade at this point. We know exactly what he can and can’t do. 

His poor form this season can be attributed, in my view, to a very poor defensive structure around him. I don’t think it can be seriously argued he’s physically declining at 28. He’s had a poor year but I imagine better defenders would struggle being flanked by Debrah, Yak, Grant et al.

As a player with recent ish experience of League 2 promotion he’s a no-brainer to retain. We’ve got the evidence that he’s a good centre half.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Brilliant. Turned up against a side with nowt play for when we’re already relegated. What about the other 40 odd games this season? He’s been utterly woeful all season. I guess performances like Lincoln at home deserve a clap. He’s been ok in the past but he needs moving on 

I wouldn’t go as far as moving on mate. More than capable in league 2 providing we don’t continue to piss about with it at the back. If & it’s a big if we manage to get back up then I’d be in agreement with you. That’s his level he’s simply not good enough for league 1 tho like many of this squad 

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Went today but can understand those who didnt bother especially as most of the players havent bothered turning up all season. One of those games where I went because im unsure how long it will be before we are back in League 1. It was interesting which players were picked today , not sure if Im reading any significance into the ones that were missing. The retained list will probably answer that question.

Stayed till the end but refused to clap the players off , may have been a bit harsh on the very few who have put a shift in this season. However did applaud Gibbo off at the end. Take note recruitment team thats the type of player you need to be signing for next season.

Don’t know if Gibbo was under instructions, but every time he got the ball, he just passed back. Never even tried a run at our fullbacks. On that performance, I wouldn’t want to see him back. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Don’t know if Gibbo was under instructions, but every time he got the ball, he just passed back. Never even tried a run at our fullbacks. On that performance, I wouldn’t want to see him back. 

Agreed, loved gibbo when he was at the Vale but he was utter gash today! Can’t imagine he’s the type to listen to instructions 😆 just think it was a poor performance. Shadow of the player we once had 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DazFred said:

It must be fantastic to gloat when you're 18th in the Championship.

Never finished above 14th since they got relegated,have the richest chairperson outside of the Prem,who has pumped millions into the club.

A team who has avoided relegation by beating Rotherham twice.

They will kick off next season two divisions higher than us, they are gloating when they in a higher league than we are, we did it on the wrong day when we were two divisions lower than them, really can't blame them can you.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

They will kick off next season two divisions higher than us, they are gloating when they in a higher league than we are, we did it on the wrong day when we were two divisions lower than them, really can't blame them can you.

Fella if we are big enough give it we got gotta be big enough take it 

Stoke fans have had the best 2 weeks of the season 2 wins Vale down ,they can breathe easily again as once again we have failed to close the gap on them 

They got a lot be joyful about .

Vale have bought this all on themselves .

Showing lack of ambition gets you no where. 

The marvellous day at Wembley a distant memory .

Tainted by the very poor off field decision since Jan 2023 but for all the bad off field decisions being terrible,it's always the players on the field who have to do the business ,they haven't, they have failed big style ,they have seriously lacked passion guts and winning mentality it's absolutely criminal thst we have managed get relegated from a absolutely abject league in my opinion I have loads .

So 2 years on we have to start again .

What a waste. 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It goes to show how terrible our season has been when we finished 7 points behind them. I thought they were dreadful, particularly first half. Really poor up front and their passing was dreadful. If we'd had anything about us, we would have won that game comfortably. We've played a few teams like that this season, who have been awful....it's just that we've been worse. As bad a 3rd division as I can remember, which makes our pitiful effort even more galling.

• Like 2