onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cambridge (H) Match Thread - 27th April

Advert

If we have a decent summer and show a bit of ambition I don't think next season has to be such a grind. Smith, Iacovitti and Debrah will be fine in the league below. If we can keep Ripley then that's a good, solid back five for a League Two side. Mitch Clark, if he can actually stay fit, is a good full-back at that level. And dare I say it, if we keep one of Loft or Ikpeazu then surely they can have a bit more success playing against lesser players every week. If we somehow manage to keep hold of Garrity and Ojo then we should have a decent League Two side with some clever additions.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

we will struggle next season   make no mistake ! god help us in the closed season   will wait to renew my season ticket 🤞 for a clear out and recruitment....m wont hold my breath   just wait n see UTFV

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tim vlf said:

we will struggle next season   make no mistake ! god help us in the closed season   will wait to renew my season ticket 🤞 for a clear out and recruitment....m wont hold my breath   just wait n see UTFV

You'll miss the early bird offer!! 

• Haha 2

Season done.

As pathetic a season as I’ve ever witnessed.

Thankfully the likes of Loft, Grant and Massey weren’t in show to pierce everyone’s eyes of their utter crapness.

Big rebuild. 
I actually think Moore is the man to do it. 
From Derby, Portsmouth and Bolton to one of Solihull, Bromley or Altrincham.

It is what it is.
A final point on season tickets. How the hell can anyone commit to one when 5 games in league 2, every week, will be live on sky? That meaning no Saturday 3pm games. That’s almost half the league that will be shipped to other times and days every week! So anyone buying a season ticket, don’t moan when you can’t attend on a Saturday dinner, Saturday evening, sundays, Monday night or Friday night.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

It flew over at 12.30 plenty of video evidence on X of them laughing at us.

I knew it was due to fly over and was purposely looking out for it, just didn’t see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soothsayer said:

A fitting end to a woeful season. That miss from Uche in the second half just typified how poor our recruitment has been - Boomer would have put that in!
I’ve also had enough of this style of football - DM I don’t want to see all our attacks starting with Ripley next season please mix it up. I also suggest we get some or all of the following:

Some proper full backs or wingbacks,

At least a couple of new centre halves with a modicum of pace.

Three strikers who have scored goals in the EFL.

on the subject of strikers , our 3 , wilson , uche and loft , managed just 6 goals BEETWEEN them in 76 appearences , matty taylor scored one more than them in just 13 games . Says it all really !

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

And on a final point of the season as a whole….. Uche and Loft. Don’t be angry the fans have been on your back. You’re crap. Be thankful that your bank balance is massively enhanced through being that crap. You’ve made a great career on being crap. So take the positives. I never saw any lack of effort. 

Grant, Massey, Ojo, take a long hard look at yourselves. 
All have pedigree and aren’t fit to lace the boots of Uche and Loft. Due to your disgusting lack of effort over the season. And that says it all. Certain players will always be welcome back to vale park. The three of you have stunk the joint out all season. 

• Like 2