onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cambridge (H) Match Thread - 27th April

20 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

2. The budget for the players who were signed to make up the squad - on this we are not agreed; neither of us knows the actual budget figure, or how it compares to other clubs in League 1. The best guess I can come up with, based on various unofficial sources on the net, is that Vale's budget comes in around 18th-19th of the 24 clubs in this season's EFL 1. So, if that is accurate, then by definition it would be a League 1 budget.

Which sources are they ? 

Advert

4 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

the ones who leave won't have a favourable impression of Port Vale to pass on. 

We won't be recruiting from the step 9 village leagues where they're all going so I'm not sure this is such a pressing issue.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Anyone listened to Darren’s interview yesterday? (I wouldn’t recommend it) 15 minutes of my life I won’t get back. ‘Training sessions have been slow to get that disappointment out of them’. Jesus 

I took it as him saying they got the slow classroom sessions out of the way first

On 25/04/2024 at 09:32, TJHValiant said:

It was a league 2 squad on a league 2 budget. That’s the reality. We never kicked on with the increase in quality hoped for. The real tragedy of this season is that it is hard to see how we will convincingly consistently compete in league 1 without a serious amount of increased revenue or more debt. 

I'm sure in one of Mike Baggaley's "Valiant" articles he said we had a mid-table League One budget this season.

Every club in the league gets notified of the budgets of others clubs, just without the club names.

If that was the case, DF has clearly completely and utterly squandered it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I'm sure in one of Mike Baggaley's "Valiant" articles he said we had a mid-table League One budget this season.

Every club in the league gets notified of the budgets of others clubs, just without the club names.

If that was the case, DF has clearly completely and utterly squandered it.

Just found it.

image.png.7b7fe3fea482db7104b377f672516f5d.png

• Like 1

Listened to this week round of player and manager interviews. Wish I hadn’t bothered really. But my one main takeaway from them was Garritty saying hopefully we can drag Cambridge down with us. Just shows what a <ovf censored> season it’s been when we’re outwardly expressing our desire to achieve relegating someone else. 

• Like 1

On 25/04/2024 at 09:21, Warren said:

On the end of game boo them off stuff. I would say that the players are essentially not good enough overall, but a few are and can play at L1 level therefore being very good at L2 level. Players have got demoralised on occasions and that can appear like insufficient effort. Those players that are good enough and can contribute in future by being on the retained list should not be put off staying by a bad end of season scene. I hope the end of season is just the whimper it deserves. 

I will be there but this has been a poor ND apathetic squad and some like two goals loft and jones need to be signed off and left as free agents and others like smith has been poor all season and robbing the club of a wage; time for some fresh blood but currently I don’t rate moor at all

43 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

I will be there but this has been a poor ND apathetic squad and some like two goals loft and jones need to be signed off and left as free agents and others like smith has been poor all season and robbing the club of a wage; time for some fresh blood but currently I don’t rate moor at all

Feel the same. Won two out of 17 matches. Not too much of an ask to win four then we would have stayed up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

He isn’t good enough for league 1 so can’t believe Stoke wanted him plus they could offer him 10 times more in wages no one would turn that down 

He was good last season, so a) he certainly can be good enough for league one and b) I doubt they would want him after most his performances this season.