Advert

Advert

Moore out

6 hours ago, trentvale said:

Completely tactically inept.

Shocking.

Would Crosby have kept us up.

Categorically Yes.

I’m not convinced on Moore at all but to say Crosby would’ve kept us up is ludicrous. Think you’re forgetting how bad he was.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Advert

6 hours ago, trentvale said:

Completely tactically inept.

Shocking.

Would Crosby have kept us up.

Categorically Yes.

Pep wouldn’t have kept this squad up! Were you at Fleetwood away? Crosby had to go after that debacle.

I really don’t blame DM for our catastrophic season but if he stays it’s clear he ain’t going to have a lot of time or patience from the fans to turn things around. I suggest he starts by being honest with the fans and just says how  abysmal this squad is.

• Like 1

(Moore x Crosby x Clarke)100couldn't get 50 points with Ripley, Smith, Ojo, Loft as the spine of the team, Garrity and Chislett the only half decent players and no wingbacks or wingers.

Edited by 1

He didn't have a massive amount to do points wise when he came to keep us up . He also had games in hand etc etc.
So what he's 'achieved' since he's been with us is very very poor.
Dubious tactics and subs have put him very much on the radar for ineptness.
He must of known what he was walking into and how instrumental was he in Flitcroft going?
It will all come out with the wash as we lumber into league 2 for another fun packed drama free season.

• Like 3

Whoever you appoint you got to have every player on board with you and the way you want your team play 

Moore seems old fashioned boot and hoe football .

Let's face it we had a fair bit of height in team last night but we never reached the byline once in fact have we all season I beg to differ if folks say we have .

I saw very little give and go's it was all very awkward and poor .

Cass would have being a better option for me bit he's too busy celebrating promotion with Stockport, at least he's a centre half who can drive forwards ,Debrah was very clumsy last night he was having a job pass it at all ,Smith last time he had a surging run from  central defence was in lock down v Oldham it was good I don't see a player who is happy there  and icavetti well he generally aims it aimlessly .

Don't get me started on Ripley his passing lately leaves a  lot to be desired by all means play long ball if we are effective from it ,overall so it was a bit galling see it continued when it wasn't  achieving anything. 

All in all the way  we started the game lost us that game last night and it's looking bleak stay up now .

It's being a shocker of a season .

Heads should ROLL for it 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 2

I'd love to know what Moore's own thoughts are with regard to relegation.

I'm sure his plan was to keep us up and he will have received assurances regarding his budget for next season when he came. Otherwise I don't think he comes in the first place.

Being in League Two will not have been a contingency. I wonder if this changes his thinking as to whether he wants to even be here.

If you had said to me not even a year ago that Darren Moore would be Port Vale manager I would have been amazed. Nor would I have believed how his stock had plummeted since he got Sheffield Wednesday through the play offs. However from his point of view he has made some pretty catastrophic career decisions in that time.

Edited by Santa

3 hours ago, Powerline said:

I’m not convinced on Moore at all but to say Crosby would’ve kept us up is ludicrous. Think you’re forgetting how bad he was.

How bad he was or the squad we’ve assembled? Because Moore has done no better with them. 

This debate can be twisted however you want and make a compelling case.

Moore has inherited a disaster of a squad, however the facts remain he has won just 2 games since joining.  That's poor however you want to look at it.  The flip side is that he wasn't involved in any way with the recruitment of these players.  His record at Huddersfield was also abysmal but again he wasn't around for the summer recruitment and was sacked at the end of the Jan transfer window...  I don't know what business they did during that window.

Edit: He brought 4 players in during January, none of which have made many appearances so it suggests the new manager got a better tune out of the squad than Moore.

He doesn't inspire during his interviews.  He never seems to use subs to effect the game positively, although he doesn't seem to use them in a reactive way either as he never seems to react very quickly to opposition changes.  I really don't know if he will come good given free reign over recruitment.

5 years is looking as silly as the 5 years they gave Clarke right now though isn't it.

However, how the head of recruitment is still in position, is a bit of a mystery.

Edited by TonyD

Wikipedia says his win percentages are 48% (47 matches) at WBA, 45% (78 matches) at Doncaster and 51% (129 matches at Wednesday 

Then 13.04% (23 matches) at Huddersfield and 13.33% (10 matches with us). 

That doesn’t account for when he left/joined teams, what the squad was like, their position before/after he was there. But it looks like he needs time to put together his own team.

There has been a dramatic drop in his winning percentages since he took over at two weak, badly-run teams and only had less than half a season to turn anything around.

You surely don’t turn clueless and inept since June 2023 when he left Wednesday so there must be a trend somewhere. He can’t be out of his depth, managing at too high a level at Vale/Huddersfield as Huddersfield were lower level Championship and we are lower level League One - so Wednesday in his era were mid way between the two. 

Edited by DaneValiant
  • Like 4