onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Moore out

3 minutes ago, Tamworth said:

I think the consensus is that he was dealt a poor hand but also that he has repeatedly failed to make the best of it.

I wonder how the recruitment will work now, as that's obviously key, irrespective of whether Moore or anyone else is in charge of the matches next season.

Matt Hancock on YouTube as we speak.

Flitcroft passed him a piece of paper before he left.

Hancock currently watching HJK Helsinki reserves v Inter Turku reserves for this Scandinavian gem Dave had lined up. 

• Haha 3

Advert

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Matt Hancock on YouTube as we speak.

Flitcroft passed him a piece of paper before he left.

Hancock currently watching HJK Helsinki reserves v Inter Turku reserves for this Scandinavian gem Dave had lined up. 

It's no use even bothering because 

I reckon he's gonna get cold feet anyway 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robf said:

I'd agree with that. I think he needs a window to a) see what he brings in and b) how he performs with players he wants. 

Yes, results have been underwhelming so far but just look at the squad he's been given. Would anyone be able to do much with three senior strikers who don't score (two of which have been injured as well) and a rookie teenager upfront? 

If it isn't working then I would hope any change is made before January, allowing time to get a new bloke in with some of the January window remaining.

I'm sick of the instability and drama. Now isn't the time for another managerial change. Back the man we have in now. Work hard but quietly without fanfare over the summer and deliver a team the fans can get behind and be proud of. The only reason we're not a complete laughing stock in this city is because the fans of that lot up the road are still nervously looking over their shoulders.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, robf said:

Yes, it is in part but it's not just down to him. It's also, in my view, down to a) having to take off a half-fit Uche Ikpeazu against Exeter because otherwise the guy could well have picked up another injury b) not having not alternative strikers due to him having someone else's rubbish squad. So, yes, while Moore was in charge and perhaps responsibility lies there - what was he supposed to do when Ikpeazu runs out of steam? Also why isn't some of the blame laid at the feet of the players who bottled it and were on the pitch, unlike the manager who can't directly affect their in-game decisions?

I'm not saying Moore doesn't take SOME responsibility but I don't think it is solely his fault either.

Definitely not his fault alone. But if he sticks around, the jury will really be out on him next season. So far he's only shown us exactly the type of person and manager the Huddersfield fanbase were warning us we were getting.

Doing poorly with a bad hand is a good way of putting it. 

You either believe that his relative success at WBA, Doncaster, and Sheff Weds was all a big fluke, or he’s got something about him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robf said:

Yes, it is in part but it's not just down to him. It's also, in my view, down to a) having to take off a half-fit Uche Ikpeazu against Exeter because otherwise the guy could well have picked up another injury b) not having not alternative strikers due to him having someone else's rubbish squad. So, yes, while Moore was in charge and perhaps responsibility lies there - what was he supposed to do when Ikpeazu runs out of steam? Also why isn't some of the blame laid at the feet of the players who bottled it and were on the pitch, unlike the manager who can't directly affect their in-game decisions?

I'm not saying Moore doesn't take SOME responsibility but I don't think it is solely his fault either.

That’s true, but I didn’t see much of an effort to tighten things up and even in his own interview he told them “more of the same” which is mad given that no way were we going to keep up the first half tempo for 90 mins. 

V Exeter was talking to a lad at work .

He said the players come out and played like they had drunk something a lot stronger than half time cup of tea 

I agree it was like Jekyll and Hyde at end felt like I'd watched a comedy sketch laurel and hardy the problem with it as no one was laughing especially that bloke on twitter who was angrily telling all the players to f off while about 20 were clapping them off .

Fair play to the clappers .

Can you clap on one hand if enjoyed first half at end of game but didn't enjoy second .

I've no problem with people clapping ,last time I clapped was v Charlton ,thats a lot of non clapping going on there but I'm usually at home by final whistle or half way there as left early on numerous occasions since 2023 Jan .

I think I've enjoyed in Moores tenure ,these are games I've seen live or watched at home .

Cheltenham.first half chislett deserved a few goals we scored a lovely goal from corner and I'm thinking we should win this 5 to lose well the second half was completely garbage

V Reading first half thought we did OK .

V Exeter first half 

V Bristol Rovers till Dipepa scored make 2-0;then we sat back but they weren't interested .

I'm struggling I didn't see Burton or Wigan or Northampton .

But what I am.seeing is that the Players are one half wonders. 

Are they fit enough 

Do they spend too much time in classroom and not learning how defend and score .

Do they put the extra hrs in at training ground to improve there finishing etc etc .

All in all Moore not good enough 

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

Definitely not his fault alone. But if he sticks around, the jury will really be out on him next season. So far he's only shown us exactly the type of person and manager the Huddersfield fanbase were warning us we were getting.

I dont think it was quite the Huddersfield fanbase tbf and as i have said before,they aren't doing much better since he left...given time he improves squads,he wasn't given time at Huddersfield and hasn't had time here yet

• Like 2

9 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I dont think it was quite the Huddersfield fanbase tbf and as i have said before,they aren't doing much better since he left...given time he improves squads,he wasn't given time at Huddersfield and hasn't had time here yet

He wasn't given more time at Huddersfield because he was God awful. They were losing games left, right and centre, he was boring the pants out of everyone with his tactics and also his post match interviews. Basically exactly the same stuff we have seen with him here. With the squad he had at Wednesday I don't think it was any huge achievement to take them up.

From what I've seen so far I'd say he's arguably worse than Crosby, and we have given the plonker a 5 year contract. It's an utter circus under Clueless Carol.

Edited by Valiiant

10 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Doing poorly with a bad hand is a good way of putting it. 

You either believe that his relative success at WBA, Doncaster, and Sheff Weds was all a big fluke, or he’s got something about him. 

What success did he have at West Brom?

Or Doncaster?

Edited by philpvfc

9 hours ago, werstayinup said:

They have gone from winning 3 games in well over half a season to winning 6 since he has left in a much shorter time span. Not sure how you can say over time he improves squads, he’s never lasted anywhere for 2 seasons. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philpvfc said:

They have gone from winning 3 games in well over half a season to winning 6 since he has left in a much shorter time span. Not sure how you can say over time he improves squads, he’s never lasted anywhere for 2 seasons. 

They’ve won 4, 3 of them in the first 5 games after he left (they’ve not won since Feb) - arguably they got the new manager bounce that we didn’t.

He got relegated with both West Brom and Wednesday (when both in the relegation zone when appointed) was sacked by WBA when in the play offs (with 10 games to go) the following season, was poached by Sheffield when Doncaster were in the playoffs of L1 then got Wednesday to the playoffs in the 2 successive seasons (promotion the second time) following their relegation.  Guess it’s debatable if  play-offs following a relegation is because of improving his squads but he had no transfer windows to avoid relegation and at least 2 transfer windows to achieve play off positions at 3 of his 4 clubs. 

Are his last 8 months a ‘blip’, in what ‘til then has been a relatively successful 6 year managerial career, or are they a sign of things to come? No one knows but I’m happy to be patient enough and give him at least one transfer window to find out, whichever league we’re in.

UTV

• Like 2

7 hours ago, philpvfc said:

What success did he have at West Brom?

Or Doncaster?

4th at WBA when sacked, which is a bit silly.

”Challenging for promotion” to the Championship with Doncaster when he left to join Sheff Weds. I can’t find the exact position but it would seem they were top 6.

• Like 1