onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Moore out

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What were our budgets last time we were promoted? I imagine we will have a very competitive budget this season. If Carol wants to bounce straight back to league 1 the budget would need to be similar to this season.

Players who are currently under contract for next season will have a relegation clause in place why they get paid less for being in League 2.

If we keep the same budget that we did for last season, then with the slight wage decrease from each players contract, we are actually in a better position budget wise

Advert

2 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Players who are currently under contract for next season will have a relegation clause in place why they get paid less for being in League 2.

If we keep the same budget that we did for last season, then with the slight wage decrease from each players contract, we are actually in a better position budget wise

Common sense would suggest there would be these clauses but do we know this for certain ? Can't imagine the likes of Garrity & Chis staying with a pay cut if that's the case & I wouldn't blame those two in particular & possibly Ripley in with them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

That’s if they were in the contracts. Common sense suggests they should be, but given DF didn’t consider relegation as late as January, I’m not so sure. 
If they are, like you say we should be in a better place

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Different financial landscape. Every club loses money - you have to. Bratt and Smurthwaite lived in different times.

Bratt I grant you, but Smurfwaite wasn’t that long ago and gates and revenue understandably much higher in the Carol era. 

22 hours ago, DazFred said:

Moore is up there with one of the worst managers I've seen. His tactics and substitutions were poor. The argument of inheriting a poor squad is a weak one when you consider he had 17 games left,including games against relegation rivals,in and around us. Apart from Burton and Bristol we only won 2 games.

17 games,10 points. Reverted back to 3-5-2 and played a MF at RWB last game of the season. Shocking.

Lowe,Grant,Smith,Lopata, Iacovitti,Debrah....even Ojo. With his experience could Moore not figure out how to show some of them how to play FB instead of playing Massey,Sang,Shorrock and Plant at WB?

We've gone down cos we're not good enough. Moore left Chislett out too much. When Garrity was back I'd have preferred him up front and play Walters/Weir alongside Ojo(even Plant started in MF at Ipswich last year) ...to at least offer a goal threat. We scored in 7/17 games.

5 more years of his waffling tripe. Well done Carol.

If a team is losing by employing the same tactics week in week out,why revert back to them? I'd have preferred Will Ryder in charge-at least we tried under him.

I definitely agree with the fullback/wingback argument as it frustrated me too.

We could have shoehorned a more solid looking back 4 of something like: 

Debrah - Smith - Lopata - Yak

Similar to the Pulis-ball tactics when he used to play Robert Huth at FB for example.

Defenders have that defensive instinct, wingers and midfielders don't.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TEXAS said:

Common sense would suggest there would be these clauses but do we know this for certain ? Can't imagine the likes of Garrity & Chis staying with a pay cut if that's the case & I wouldn't blame those two in particular & possibly Ripley in with them

It’s a football league stipulation, well it use to be unless it’s changed.

What would normally happen in the cases of the likes of Garrity & Chizzy is that you would quickly renegotiate the contract once relegation is confirmed so that they are at least getting paid the same that they were before.

But on the other hand both players would have agreed that / known about those clauses before signing them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That’s if they were in the contracts. Common sense suggests they should be, but given DF didn’t consider relegation as late as January, I’m not so sure. 
If they are, like you say we should be in a better place

I’m pretty sure it’s a football league stipulation 

I can't believe some of these comments here suggesting we will be comfortable in relegation. This Club simply can't exist financially in this situation given its player budget and overheads - it has to put all its efforts into going back up within one Season, else the Shanahans will be financially overwhelmed. Whether Moore can do it or not remains to be seen but I very much hope so for all our sakes...

• Like 2

On 29/04/2024 at 10:30, JohnJames said:

Garrity won’t be going anywhere. I think his experience at Blackpool may have dampened his liking for greeer grass. His family are also settled in the area. 

Clubs won’t be focusing on his time at Blackpool tho, more to his last 2-3 seasons with Vale where he’s been bagging double figures for fun & even more impressively in a poor relegation side. 50/50 I reckon whether he goes or not but he has said him & his family are settled in the area & it’s clear for all to see he’s happy in Boslem 🙏🏻 

7 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Clubs won’t be focusing on his time at Blackpool tho, more to his last 2-3 seasons with Vale where he’s been bagging double figures for fun & even more impressively in a poor relegation side. 50/50 I reckon whether he goes or not but he has said him & his family are settled in the area & it’s clear for all to see he’s happy in Boslem 🙏🏻 

He will be gone.

With all due respect, he's not going to come on the radio and say that it's a <ovf censored> area & he hates living here.

My guess is that he will end up at Rotherham. If you want to talk about nice area's then South Yorkshire is an amazing place to live.

He's 27 years old and his time is running out to have a push at playing in the Championship either straight to a Championship club (which is highly unlikely) or a team that is going to be pushing for promotion to the Championship next season (more likely).

He is not going to want to be playing League 2 football when it turns 28 and time running out

Edited by Brian Johnson
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

He will be gone.

With all due respect, he's not going to come on the radio and say that it's a <ovf censored> area & he hates living here.

My guess is that he will end up at Rotherham. If you want to talk about nice area's then South Yorkshire is an amazing place to live.

He's 27 years old and his time is running out to have a push at playing in the Championship either straight to a Championship club (which is highly unlikely) or a team that is going to be pushing for promotion to the Championship next season (more likely).

He is not going to want to be playing League 2 football when it turns 28 and time running out

As much as I love Gazza he’s not championship material for me mate. I’m sure time will tell either way 👍🏻 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Vtid said:

As much as I love Gazza he’s not championship material for me mate. I’m sure time will tell either way 👍🏻 

That is why i said that going to a championship club is unlikely and his best bet is to go to a team trying to get into the championship.

12 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

That is why i said that going to a championship club is unlikely and his best bet is to go to a team trying to get into the championship.

Contract extension no brainier then 😆

Edited by Vtid