onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Moore out

59 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

Been wondering this afternoon if there is even the patience at the club to give him as long as he needs. Even taking into account seeing some improvements in the squad, let's say we are middling around mid table next January with inconsistent results, I am not sure the pressure will be off him because of his terrible record in game management and style of play especially at home. 

For him to make it another 12 months, we are going to have to finish top half. Anybody's guess where we will be and I remain unconvinced Moore can do it. 

Dread to think what the managerial shortlist looks like if things go bad in League 2. Suppose it will depend on who gets the first conversation with Carol. 

Seen folk demanding/expecting us to finish top 3, personally funded by Carol.

There’s probably going to be a lot of disappointment next season. This mess isn’t going to be fixed in the next 3 months. 

• Like 6

Advert

27 minutes ago, Rory said:

Hopefully Mark Bonner.

This Mark Bonner?

On 29 November 2023, Bonner was sacked with the club sitting in 18th position, four points above the relegation zone.[18] A 3–0 defeat to Lincoln City was the club's third defeat in a row, and they had picked up just one win in the previous thirteen league matches at the time of his departure.[19]

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

This Mark Bonner?

On 29 November 2023, Bonner was sacked with the club sitting in 18th position, four points above the relegation zone.[18] A 3–0 defeat to Lincoln City was the club's third defeat in a row, and they had picked up just one win in the previous thirteen league matches at the time of his departure.[19]

That's him.A wonderful job he did, and I'm sure he could repeat it with, especially with better resources at Port Vale.

51 minutes ago, Rory said:

Hopefully Mark Bonner.

From what I've heard about him, he does seem like the kind of bloke Carol would get on with ('values' wise, etc). 

Cambridge fan I know speaks highly of him, suppose we could do much worse. 

Anyway, I'll hold my hands up and say I think I got it wrong with Moore (you didn't). 

If Moore left for another job without us paying anything I’d be delighted. However the idea of us sacking him and him getting money does to appeal. Even he can surely achieve a competitive squad given half of league 2 is full of clubs that get 2-3k gates. 

8 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

I didn't read the wind up merchants post 

The Liverpool fan  anything he says I take with a pinch of salt .

.He seems have a problem with me as do others which is fine as if all thought the same the world be a mundane place.

I know your hardcore fan take my

hat off to anyone who can watch thsf shower 46 games a season 

So respect to you and wife /husband whichever one you are .

Who are you calling a Liverpool fan?

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Seen folk demanding/expecting us to finish top 3, personally funded by Carol.

There’s probably going to be a lot of disappointment next season. This mess isn’t going to be fixed in the next 3 months. 

Funded by the 5000 supporters who buy season tickets. Some L2 clubs can't even fit 5000 people into their poxy little grounds.

We've been told for two years that we can't compete with Derby, Pompey, Bolton, etc... 

Now I expect us to be a big fish in a small pond, beating the likes of Colchester, Morecombe, Crawley, etc...

DM has until November to convince me. He's lucky to be given that chance, having been the worst manager I've ever seen at the club. 

No excuses! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Yes it’s been a 💩 season but some fans have got to get real demanding our owners who have made big mistakes granted , to fund a promotion push next season , they would be up in arms if Carol and Kevin put season ticket prices up to fund  new players. I’m not saying it’s right to increase prices but is it fair to keep demanding that they stupidly throw money at it . Be careful what you wish for . UTV I’ll get my Tin hat on 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, valiant steve said:

Funded by the 5000 supporters who buy season tickets. Some L2 clubs can't even fit 5000 people into their poxy little grounds.

We've been told for two years that we can't compete with Derby, Pompey, Bolton, etc... 

Now I expect us to be a big fish in a small pond, beating the likes of Colchester, Morecombe, Crawley, etc...

DM has until November to convince me. He's lucky to be given that chance, having been the worst manager I've ever seen at the club. 

No excuses! 

The club loses 1m+ a year in the very best case scenario. PVFC is funded by, and exists, due to Carol’s continual desire to throw money at a loss-making company in a loss-making industry.

Those 5000 STs, btw, if they were all adult ones (which they’re not), would cover £1.75m. Try and get out of League 2 on that budget. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, valiant steve said:

No excuses! 

Totally agree with the point that we should be able to compete at the sharp end of league 2. I also agree that if Carol cannot run and fund a club at the sharp end of league 2 at least and we end up struggling as some predict, you would have to ask what the point is of her ownership? 

We have to ask ourselves if a well run, adequately funded Vale should ever be a league 2 club? 

Each time it was, it generally was not, so why is this any different? 

18 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

The club loses 1m+ a year in the very best case scenario. PVFC is funded by, and exists, due to Carol’s continual desire to throw money at a loss-making company in a loss-making industry.

Those 5000 STs, btw, if they were all adult ones (which they’re not), would cover £1.75m. Try and get out of League 2 on that budget. 

Did we lose this sort of money under Smurfwaite? Under Bratt? We lost £3.5m this season. 

Regardless if the budget’s crap there are only two people to blame. Those running the club and the collective money of the fans. 

9 hours ago, Valient1961 said:

Yes it’s been a 💩 season but some fans have got to get real demanding our owners who have made big mistakes granted , to fund a promotion push next season , they would be up in arms if Carol and Kevin put season ticket prices up to fund  new players. I’m not saying it’s right to increase prices but is it fair to keep demanding that they stupidly throw money at it . Be careful what you wish for . UTV I’ll get my Tin hat on 

Fund a promotion push? In the 4th division? We managed that when the club was in admin under Adams! 

Not going for promotion in the 4th division is financial suicide anyway. We can’t afford not to. Years in the 4th division seriously harmed the club last time. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Fund a promotion push? In the 4th division? We managed that when the club was in admin under Adams! 

Not going for promotion in the 4th division is financial suicide anyway. We can’t afford not to. Years in the 4th division seriously harmed the club last time. 

Be ok Bromley will bring 86 with them if they go up. That's a couple of grand in the kitty. 

26 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Did we lose this sort of money under Smurfwaite? Under Bratt? We lost £3.5m this season. 

Regardless if the budget’s crap there are only two people to blame. Those running the club and the collective money of the fans. 

Different financial landscape. Every club loses money - you have to. Bratt and Smurthwaite lived in different times.