onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wycombe (H) match thread - 16th April

Advert

3 minutes ago, manc_vale said:

Another poor night in what is a memorable season for all the wrong reasons. Can we just stop it all now and say we are down. What a god awful season this has been.

• Terrible recruitment
  • Poor pre-season - and this is despite the club being stable. This is usually an indicator of chaos behind the scenes - but no, this was the result of the 'pruhcess'
  • Started with a massive wake up call with an absolute hammering by Barnsley  
  • Couple of fortunate results early on flattered to deceive
  • Got found out
  • Lost all talent from the side at Christmas
  • No recruitment in January
  • Injuries to the only decent outfield players
  • No squad depth
  • No wing backs
  • Poor defence
  • No attackers

Hate the team and I hate the strip. Hopefully both are gone by next season. Please DM give me some hope for next season by saying how you cannot wait to get rid of the dead wood..   Lets get some new talentless cast offs and bully boy defenders ready for a season in the lump it league. Hopefully we avoid the double dip that has befallen Forest Green...

Ultimately we can analyse other things but point 1 is the key reason there. For a club like us and our budget if we get our recruitment wrong it's just too much to overcome. Obviously that's all Flitcrofts domain or was but really it needed someone to challenge him on how it was we had such an imbalanced squad which has come back to bite us.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I don't want to be shot down for this... But beat Bolton could take it to the last day? 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣We wouldn't beat Bolton lads an dads 

• Haha 1

I'd genuinely say Bruno Ribeiros European dream team was better than this current squad. 

Rigino Cicilia > Ryan Loft

Paulo Tavares > Funso Ojo

Ben Purkiss > Tom Sang

Jak Alnwick > Connor Ripley

Kiko > Conor Grant

Chris Mbamba > Gavin Massey

Okay, maybe not the last one.. Just. 

Then add the likes of Jerome Thomas, Andre Bikey, Anthony Grant, Ryan Taylor, even Alex Jones.

Everyone of those would get into this current squad which shows how poor we really are. 

Edited by pvfc1994
  • Like 9

48 minutes ago, Doha said:

The last 5 retained lists have come out on 9, 10, 16, 18th May, and June 1st.

Fingers crossed this one comes out at 17:01 after Cambridge beat us on the last day.

12.30 kick off. So hopefully 3.00 pm.

• Haha 1

And that’s that, down we go. 

Another uninspiring Darren Moore interview on BBC, “football has a beautiful side and a cruel side”. I don’t want to <ovf censored> hear that after 1 point in 5 games and relegation all but confirmed. 

As far as I’m concerned, Moore can do one, as well 95% of them pathetic footballers.

I’m absolutely seething. 

Can’t wait for Saturday…

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

The table doesn't lie after 44 games. All over bar the shouting.

Not a Phenomenal in sight and following the reassuring words from our DOF I wasnt contemplating relegation. Just hope the Players wives arent responsible for Summer recruitment, it would finish me off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The defending down the left hand side at the start of the game was awful. After a few near misses it cost a goal. 

Their second goal looked well offside. But I need to see if there is something at the origin of the ball that changes that. The linesman in front of Lorne Street got a number of things wrong including a throw in that was obviously PV given to Wycombe. Unfortunately we could have done with the lady from last Saturday running the line in this one. 

The team tried with all its might and created chances in the first half in particular. But really Wycombe were a better team and Vale needed to huff and puff to get anything. 

I think the whole defence needs sacking off. When we needed a tight ship in the last two home games they've been anything but. I thought we looked L1 level going forward. But it looks too late now. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

I can’t believe I paused changing my baby’s dirty nappy to check the score.

Oh look a late winner for the away team… Sorry kiddie, where were we?

Knee deep in sheite .

And you were too ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, pvfc1994 said:

I'd genuinely say Bruno Ribeiros European dream team was better than this current squad. 

Rigino Cicilia > Ryan Loft

Paulo Tavares > Funso Ojo

Ben Purkiss > Tom Sang

Jak Alnwick > Connor Ripley

Chris Mbamba > Gavin Massey

Okay, maybe not the last one.. Just. 

Then add the likes of Jerome Thomas, Andre Bikey, Anthony Grant, Ryan Taylor, even Alex Jones.

Everyone of those would get into this current squad which shows how poor we really are. 

Spot on

Ojo...poor mans Andreas Lipa

Well done Carol

You have overseen all of this

BTW,was El Presidente there tonight? Thought not...

One final thing…..

That first 6 minutes.

<ovf censored> me. I know fans can exaggerate at times but honestly, a pub side would have been at least one up.

I actually thought that crap professional footballers had been replaced for 6 minutes by blokes who’d won a raffle.

Shameful. 
For thousands of pounds a week, it was utter shameful.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2