onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Shanahan.

3 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

So it doesn't go on 

Yes it does .

Somebody who used play told me it goes ON .

They are good enough and why would you be low on confidence after playing superbly first half surely you come out and do the same again second half GRANVILLE. 

And somebody who played told me it doesn't, so we're both even aren't we?

You might get the odd player who has taken money, but a whole team? That's ridiculous. 

We are bot a very good team. We were beaten by a better team who altered their tactics and got the better of us.

I genuinely can't believe you think match fixing was going on given the context of the season. Our players would be richer than Manchester City's if they were taking bribes to lose.

Isn't it far more likely were just not very good DIPEPA DELIGHT?

• Like 3

Advert

2 hours ago, JS Valiant said:

Exactly Carol DOES NOT deserve personal abuse.

She will be hurting right now and I know she has made some wrong decisions but she has not made them deliberately.

She has to try and get True Vale Supporting   Football People to help her get through this.

I hope in the future she cuts out the stupid statements she has made and doesn’t, let’s say, get Hoodwinked going forward.

There's a big difference between personal abuse and justified criticism. What I've seen on here (at least) is the latter, even if sometimes (and inevitably) emotional in it's delivery.

As you say yourself, some of her statements have been unacceptable and it's quite right that she's called out on them. OK, she's been badly advised and let down by Flitcroft and others who have got us into our present predicament but the buck stops with her and she needs to learn some hard lessons. Not least, that the fanbase has already learnt those hard lessons over the years and doesn't appreciate being ignored, especially when it leads directly to our present predicament.

Owning and running a Football Club, particularly at the less exalted end of the Foorball League, is far from a conventional business exercise. So, she needs to find a way to make the management of the Club more inclusive in the future for both her and our sakes...

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Granville said:

Please stop this match fixing thing you keep saying. The players aren't corrupt - they're just not very good and low on confidence. 

Exeter were 33/1 to win at HT.....

Just SAYING likes.....😊😂

19 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

So it doesn't go on 

Yes it does .

Somebody who used play told me it goes ON .

They are good enough and why would you be low on confidence after playing superbly first half surely you come out and do the same again second half GRANVILLE. 

Normally you get about 2 grand being bet on correct scores in lower league games over the whole country, but suddenly about 12 grand was placed overall on Accrington 0 Bury 2 in 2008. That was how it finished and it took 12 months to fine and suspend four Accrington players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SMURF said:

I have been tempted on many occasions to comment on here but stopped you will all be please to learn Carol was seen at the awards evening on Sunday apparently looking gaunt and extremely emotional l suggest you read this post every time you want to plough into her she does not deserve any of the vile stuff being hurled at her

She also didn’t deserve to be ripped off by you. None of us did, actually. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, SMURF said:

I have been tempted on many occasions to comment on here but stopped you will all be please to learn Carol was seen at the awards evening on Sunday apparently looking gaunt and extremely emotional l suggest you read this post every time you want to plough into her she does not deserve any of the vile stuff being hurled at her

Nobody is giving any “vile stuff” to her.  Fans are merely critical at the way she handled things.

You, however…… You’re a rogue and a crook and a piece of human scum.

Kindly <ovf censored> off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Nobody is giving any “vile stuff” to her.  Fans are merely critical at the way she handled things.

You, however…… You’re a rogue and a crook and a piece of human scum.

Kindly <ovf censored> off.

I doubt it’s him. He’s too busy trying to find a way to build houses on Prenton Park . 

• Haha 2

On 14/04/2024 at 18:57, Spunk Trumpet said:

She needs to make a huge apology to the fanbase. 

Perhaps dial down the sense of entitlement a good few notches, eh?

=====

I've poured in most of the last 5 years of my life to rescuing and rebuilding our club.

I've put into the club in the region of £10 million of our own money, most of which I know I'll never see again.

I'm busily rebuilding every part of the club, notably the ever-improving Football Academy.

I'm bringing new employment to an area which desperately needs it.

I've reached out to make Port Vale a major source of social good addressing the deprivations in our home area.

And, to put right the genuine failings on the football field, I have dismissed the Director of Football that the fans blamed for the failings and I have now appointed at very substantial cost a top-class football management staff that I believe really can, over time, bring our club great success.

I'm so sorry, Mr Spunk Trumpet, how will you ever bring yourself to forgive me?

=====

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Perhaps dial down the sense of entitlement a good few notches, eh?

=====

I've poured in most of the last 5 years of my life to rescuing and rebuilding our club.

I've put into the club in the region of £10 million of our own money, most of which I know I'll never see again.

I'm busily rebuilding every part of the club, notably the ever-improving Football Academy.

I'm bringing new employment to an area which desperately needs it.

I've reached out to make Port Vale a major source of social good addressing the deprivations in our home area.

And, to put right the genuine failings on the football field, I have dismissed the Director of Football that the fans blamed for the failings and I have now appointed at very substantial cost a top-class football management staff that I believe really can, over time, bring our club great success.

I'm so sorry, Mr Spunk Trumpet, how will you ever bring yourself to forgive me?

=====

Nobody doubts the good you’ve done.

The whole point is that the on field state of affairs is an absolute shambles with the worst squad I’ve seen in years, under a 4th manager in less than 4 years, staring down the barrel of league 2. That’s pretty much what the average fan cares about. Not the other stuff.

They want to turn up for two hours and have a team to be proud of. We’ve got far from that. 
And has for you sacking the man the fans blamed…….. by that I take it you still don’t think he was to blame? And even if you do it was at least one transfer window too late. 
To let him go through January and THEN sack Crosby, who should have been long gone before Christmas, and then let Flitcroft carry on until “fans blamed him” well, it was all a bit of a calamity. 

And I hope the management team works. I really do. And I really hope there is some get out clause in his contract because a 5 and a half year deal is huge. Especially with performances and results. But, like I’ve said before, this is not his squad. It’s the squad that Dave built. The worst footballing squad in many a year. That Dave made. 
But good old Dave. Look at all the things he did right yeah? Again. Fans only really care about three points and 100% effort week in week out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SMURF said:

You've got a nerve coming on here.

You're not welcome or at Vale Park. At any time. Forever.

Edited by Alan Baker
  • Like 4

Nobody doubts the good you’ve done.
The whole point is that the on field state of affairs is an absolute shambles with the worst squad I’ve seen in years, under a 4th manager in less than 4 years, staring down the barrel of league 2. That’s pretty much what the average fan cares about. Not the other stuff.
They want to turn up for two hours and have a team to be proud of. We’ve got far from that. 
And has for you sacking the man the fans blamed…….. by that I take it you still don’t think he was to blame? And even if you do it was at least one transfer window too late. 
To let him go through January and THEN sack Crosby, who should have been long gone before Christmas, and then let Flitcroft carry on until “fans blamed him” well, it was all a bit of a calamity. 
And I hope the management team works. I really do. And I really hope there is some get out clause in his contract because a 5 and a half year deal is huge. Especially with performances and results. But, like I’ve said before, this is not his squad. It’s the squad that Dave built. The worst footballing squad in many a year. That Dave made. 
But good old Dave. Look at all the things he did right yeah? Again. Fans only really care about three points and 100% effort week in week out. 
It's not actually her Spunky
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SMURF said:

ADMIN,,,HOW IS THIS SCUM ALLOWED ON OUR SITE??????? .Get rid or I am done with OVF.No wonder people call it Only Vale F***wits!! This  guy fits the bill.

9 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

Anyone can put SMURF as a name. It’s probably not him. 

Yep.  Am assuming the original post was referring to him seeing Carol at the EFL awards event? Was the event televised ? If not wondering why he’d be in attendance to see how Carol looked - would he have been the guest of another EFL  club chairman?