onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Shanahan.

20 hours ago, mr1876 said:

I think your positive bias towards Clarke has blinkered your view to as Crosby was in charge for a lot of promotion season and the best run of form that season to so don't give Clarke all the credit for promotion because it wasn't all him

Just to correct you, I have no positive bias towards Clarke and I think if you care to read back through various topics my comments would always acknowledge the fact that Crosby played a big part in our promotion.  People seem to forget that the manager isn’t a one man band.  When Clarke was in charge he had a team of staff along side him, Crosby being one member of that team.  Moving along, I also don’t think Crosby was as bad a manager as many are making out.  My own feelings being that he was hamstrung by recruitment and having to buy in to the football philosophy of his boss, David Flitcroft.  I’ve said on several occasions that if we add a couple of capable strikers to our current, admittedly poor, squad, Crosby would’ve had enough about him to guide the side to safety, albeit probably not challenge for the play offs.

• Like 8

Advert

26 minutes ago, Smallthorne clampet said:

For me , owners should stay in the background , you never hear anything from Kevin . All things should come from the CEO , because that is his job - to run the football club .

Spot on, but quite frankly I’m not arsed much at all about communication, just give me the stuff I need to know and beyond that a winning team to talk about.  A lot of the stuff the club have come out with has just been used as a stick to beat them with so I don’t know why they bother.  Basically a lot of folk these days want to know it all so they can talk about 💩 on social media all day long.  Anyway, here’s me talking more 💩

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Just to correct you, I have no positive bias towards Clarke and I think if you care to read back through various topics my comments would always acknowledge the fact that Crosby played a big part in our promotion.  People seem to forget that the manager isn’t a one man band.  When Clarke was in charge he had a team of staff along side him, Crosby being one member of that team.  Moving along, I also don’t think Crosby was as bad a manager as many are making out.  My own feelings being that he was hamstrung by recruitment and having to buy in to the football philosophy of his boss, David Flitcroft.  I’ve said on several occasions that if we add a couple of capable strikers to our current, admittedly poor, squad, Crosby would’ve had enough about him to guide the side to safety, albeit probably not challenge for the play offs.

Fair enough I apologise I miss interpreted how i read it it grinds me when I feel that Clarke gets all the credit for promotion as we were going nowhere and if I'm honest playing some quite drab and boring football until his tragic loss and time out from the game and although my heart goes out to the man for what he had to go through i never took to him as a manager with all his arrogance and excuses i also feel that Crosby got a bum deal not only missing strikers as you say. In my opinion the biggest failure was to not recruit any full backs or wingbacks as I would say that more than half the goals we have conceded have come from teams targeting which ever square peg is in the round hole waiting for the inevitable mistake which opens us up and leaves the whole defence vulnerable and not to mention that 80percent of that team have no desire fight or backbone or are just 💩

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, mr1876 said:

Fair enough I apologise I miss interpreted how i read it it grinds me when I feel that Clarke gets all the credit for promotion as we were going nowhere and if I'm honest playing some quite drab and boring football until his tragic loss and time out from the game and although my heart goes out to the man for what he had to go through i never took to him as a manager with all his arrogance and excuses i also feel that Crosby got a bum deal not only missing strikers as you say. In my opinion the biggest failure was to not recruit any full backs or wingbacks as I would say that more than half the goals we have conceded have come from teams targeting which ever square peg is in the round hole waiting for the inevitable mistake which opens us up and leaves the whole defence vulnerable and not to mention that 80percent of that team have no desire fight or backbone or are just 💩

Going nowhere?

We were 5 unbeaten. Including playing runaway leaders FGR off the park when Clarke went on leave. As for drab and boring , I went to the night away game at Carlisle and we could of conceivably won 6-1 . That was 2 games prior to him going.

If you want to talk drab. Harrogate and Colchester away. Truly hideous. Manager, Crosby. 

He came back because having needed 7 points from the last 4 games for automatic promotion we contrived to lose the first 3 and possibly would of missed the play offs altogether had he not come back for the Exeter game.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Going nowhere?

We were 5 unbeaten. Including playing runaway leaders FGR off the park when Clarke went on leave. As for drab and boring , I went to the night away game at Carlisle and we could of conceivably won 6-1 . That was 2 games prior to him going.

If you want to talk drab. Harrogate and Colchester away. Truly hideous. Manager, Crosby. 

He came back because having needed 7 points from the last 4 games for automatic promotion we contrived to lose the first 3 and possibly would of missed the play offs altogether had he not come back for the Exeter game.

Just for the record it's my opinion we all like different styles of play and Clarke as a person and his football I didn't like and if your time lines are correct then for the 46 league games that season Clarke record was p 30 W14 D 9 L7 taking 51pts  Crosby's record was P16 W 10 D 3 L 3 taking 33 PTS there for Clarke's points per game was 1.7 and Crosby's was 2.06 so had Clarke finished the season on those stats we wouldn't have needed to beat Exeter because we would already have been about 4 or 5 points outside the play offs so why people keep harping on how good he was really hes no better than Crosby and we all know how that's turned out 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, mr1876 said:

Just for the record it's my opinion we all like different styles of play and Clarke as a person and his football I didn't like and if your time lines are correct then for the 46 league games that season Clarke record was p 30 W14 D 9 L7 taking 51pts  Crosby's record was P16 W 10 D 3 L 3 taking 33 PTS there for Clarke's points per game was 1.7 and Crosby's was 2.06 so had Clarke finished the season on those stats we wouldn't have needed to beat Exeter because we would already have been about 4 or 5 points outside the play offs so why people keep harping on how good he was really hes no better than Crosby and we all know how that's turned out 

Clarke no better than Crosby, I’ve heard it all now. Clown.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Powerline said:

Clarke no better than Crosby, I’ve heard it all now. Clown.

Just going off the stats Clarke 1.7 PTS per game equates to 78pts from 46 games Crosbys 2.06 PTS per game gives him 94 PTS from 46 games that leaves Clarke with a 16 point deficit it's all hyper thetic because neither played 46 games so who knows but on actual statistics that leaves Clarke the second best manager that season by some margin as it turns out they were both sh!te in league 1 both out of there depth 

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

If you look at the average points per manager then he may not be a clown. 

There's so many factors aren't there ?

For example we only won one of the first 6 under Clarke as the total overhaul meant players were bedding in. 

I'm staggered to see any suggestion that Crosby is a better manager than Clarke. In fact it beggars belief.

Maybe we should of hung on to Crosby and we'd be League 2 Champions next season with his stats. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

There's so many factors aren't there ?

For example we only won one of the first 6 under Clarke as the total overhaul meant players were bedding in. 

I'm staggered to see any suggestion that Crosby is a better manager than Clarke. In fact it beggars belief.

Maybe we should of hung on to Crosby and we'd be League 2 Champions next season with his stats. 

Yes, lots of factors to take in to consideration, also, we were slipping down the table when Clarke took time off and Crosby reversed that slide. 

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

Yes, lots of factors to take in to consideration, also, we were slipping down the table when Clarke took time off and Crosby reversed that slide. 

Simply not true. Already quoted above that we were 5 unbeaten when Clarke went on leave. 

You can't go 5 unbeaten and slide down the table. 

Anyway no point rewriting history. 

Crosby was a disastrous appointment and most clubs sack the assistant too as guilty by association. 

Not us. We give him the job. Majority on here called it a shocking appointment and were proved right. Although I do agree he was hampered by recruitment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1