onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Shanahan.

3 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Christ.

Yes, let's reward failure with a sing song. Maybe we can break into a Crosby song too after?

If you were smart enough to understand that we need Carol, then you would understand that it isn't a reward. She needs us, we need Carol....until Mr.Billionaire comes in which won't happen in my lifetime.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Advert

If you were smart enough to understand that we need Carol, then you would understand that it isn't a reward. She needs us, we need Carol....until Mr.Billionaire comes in which won't happen in my lifetime.
Carols just his next one. He's done AC, DF and now CS. Once she's gone I've heard he's going to go for the lad that heats the pies up in the railway kiosk. No one is safe from him
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

She needs us just as much.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Having the wool pulled over your eyes is one thing. People make mistakes. But standing by that person to save face, further damaging the season, for as long as she did, while also trying to justify her decisions and tell everyone else just how very wrong they were, is something else entirely.

What will placate you so you'll shut up about the Shanahan family?

2 hours ago, Valiiant said:

One thing I will say is that when things we're going well, Carol's face seemed to be everywhere. Since things have gone <ovf censored> up it's almost like she hides away. You can't just expect constant praise in football whether you're a player, a member of staff or in this case the owner.

I wish you’d hide away.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, grand prix pants said:

I wish you’d hide away.

How about you give your own thoughts and opinions instead of only replying to what others, in this case myself, has to say?

Or is that beyond your capabilities, little man?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

What will placate you so you'll shut up about the Shanahan family?

I've never mentioned her family once. Well, maybe Patrick once or twice but he's about as useful as a one-legged man in an arse kicking contest.

3 hours ago, Bimbleabout said:

Carols just his next one. He's done AC, DF and now CS. Once she's gone I've heard he's going to go for the lad that heats the pies emoji3050.png up in the railway kiosk. No one is safe from him emoji3.png

As long as he does his job and keeps those pies at a sufficient temperature I have no axe to grind with him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Christ.

Yes, let's reward failure with a sing song. Maybe we can break into a Crosby song too after?

The fans have got apathy... As long as there is still a club to support anything else is a bonus. 

That suits the club, as it stands, just fine. They will go to the beach happy that the fans continue to buy into 'Little Port Vale' (Carol's words) 

Just don't expect an immediate promotion back to League one! 

22 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Just hope Carol doesn’t lose interest. Can’t see any big money spenders wanting to buy the club, certainly not to invest their own money in to the club and get the club to thrive. Carol has some big decisions to make, bring in the right personal, invest a higher percentage in to the playing side and we can turn things around again. Our biggest problem has left the club, get a decent recruitment team in and things can become better very quickly, look how many players we brought in on our promotion year, it can be done. 

At last some common sense on here.

The reason most clubs struggle financially is because the owners lose interest OR their primary business starts to run out of money.

Every  club in the land, except 4, plan to loose money but increase the businesses value through CAPEX investments. The rest is a decision on wages and whether to fund overspend and convert this into a share issue or an interest free loan. 

I think it’s pretty obvious our priority as a club has not been on the pitch. That has to change if we are to become a stable L1 club.

Edited by MBE
Thanks RZ
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Valiiant said:

I get that. And doing so was her biggest mistake. Mistakes happen, and can be forgiven. Just want her to take accountability for her actions this season and show us all she's determined to put things right. She was taken for a mug by Flitcroft and she can't let that happen again, for her sake or the clubs.

Carol’s accountability will be funding 1mil + income black hole for L2 football.

If lessons are learnt going backwards to move forwards can sometimes be a good thing although it certainly doesn’t feel like it at the moment.

In my view this summer will be the biggest during Carol’s reign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MBE said:

At last some common sense on here.

The reason most clubs struggle financially is because the owners lose interest OR their primary business starts to run out of money.

Every  club in the land, except 4, plan to loose money but increase the businesses value through CAPEX investments. The rest is a decision on wages and whether to fund overspend and convert this into a share issue or an interest free loan. 

I think it’s pretty obvious our priority as a club has not been off the pitch. That has to change if we are to become a stable L1 club.

Do you mean "on the pitch"?

• Thanks 1

On 16/04/2024 at 15:51, Dipepa delight said:

Yes I find that really strange .

Why would you leave at 2-1 up unless like you say the word had got round that the Players were going throw the game which they did .

It was blatant .

The space 

The freedom 

You name it they threw that half and game .

They're just crap - if they were intelligent enough to be match-fixing, they ought to try winning a few quid by winning some games 🙂

• Like 1