onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

So far i have seen links to Arsenal,West Ham,Man Utd and Tottenham to name just 4 who appear to be interested in him,the best thing for us is that one of them bids for him and starts a bidding war
I would assume our Academy Director knows the going rate for teenage players.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

Advert

55 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

So far i have seen links to Arsenal,West Ham,Man Utd and Tottenham to name just 4 who appear to be interested in him,the best thing for us is that one of them bids for him and starts a bidding war

Seen Newcastle mentioned as well.

54 minutes ago, Doha said:

600k in 2008. The equivalent to 945k now.

As none of the top 10 league 2 transfer fees have happened in the last 6 years and most happened more than 10 years ago I'm not sure there had been much inflation in the league 1 transfer market. That perhaps partly reflects the bigger clubs taking better players from academies at a younger age. Not all goods and services increase in price even if the CPI is increasing.  I've not been to the UK for 18 months but a like for like TV for the last one I bought 15 years ago is about 150 less on Curry's website. If inflation was running at 10% for league 2 footballers you'd expect the top 10 to be recent deals. If anything the data seems to indicate that the value of league 2 players is suffering from deflation. 

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

That one could be interesting considering they paid a reported 450k for a player a lot younger(ah was it them or was that Villa?)

They paid for Michael Mills though can’t remember fee that was suggested (most are undisclosed these days in any case). Freddie Lawrie was the one who went to Villa as well for the reported record fee.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I would assume our Academy Director knows the going rate for teenage players.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Dipepa is on an full contract until 2026 and well under 21, so we will get a decent fee. At least the same upfront fee as Ali Al Hamadi plus add ons would be my guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PV1993 said:

All this talk of what we would get for Garrity - I think if we say no to all offers and he does what did last time in L2 and scores the goals from midfield that get us promoted, it would be worth more than the 350k we would realistically get at maximum. Same with Chislett.

Team isn’t looking too bad in Moore’s preferred formations so far

4-2-3-1: Ripley; Clarke, Smith, NEW CB, NEW LB; Ojo, NEW CM; Curtis, Garrity, Chislett; NEW ST

3-4-3: Ripley; Debrah, Smith, NEW LCB; Clarke, Ojo, Garrity, NEW LWB; Curtis, NEW ST, Chislett

Think the bench is pretty much there with what we already have, GK aside. Players like Sang, Dipepa, Plant and even Loft will be good options in L2. I’d include Grant if we’re using in in the centre too.

Get rid of a few and we’re not a million miles off I don’t think. Just some important positions to fill properly.

Not having Chissy as a wide man.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JRC said:

As none of the top 10 league 2 transfer fees have happened in the last 6 years and most happened more than 10 years ago I'm not sure there had been much inflation in the league 1 transfer market. That perhaps partly reflects the bigger clubs taking better players from academies at a younger age. Not all goods and services increase in price even if the CPI is increasing.  I've not been to the UK for 18 months but a like for like TV for the last one I bought 15 years ago is about 150 less on Curry's website. If inflation was running at 10% for league 2 footballers you'd expect the top 10 to be recent deals. If anything the data seems to indicate that the value of league 2 players is suffering from deflation. 

Mate you are hurting me edd here 😍😍😍😍😍 - this is next door to Divine Intervention maths

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Dipepa is on an full contract until 2026 and well under 21, so we will get a decent fee. At least the same upfront fee as Ali Al Hamadi plus add ons would be my guess.
I like the fact he signed a long contract. It's almost like Bayleee and his family are saying thankyou to Vale for looking after him, training him and bringing him on to the talent and prospect he is today.
Kind of like they are paying us back and saying thankyou for when he does move on and the club can benefit (hopefully) massively from it. Very respectful for all parties involved.
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

I like the fact he signed a long contract. It's almost like Bayleee and his family are saying thankyou to Vale for looking after him, training him and bringing him on to the talent and prospect he is today.
Kind of like they are paying us back and saying thankyou for when he does move on and the club can benefit (hopefully) massively from it. Very respectful for all parties involved.

When he signed that contract he was still way off where he is today.

• Like 2