onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

4 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

So many rumours of clubs after him for there to be nothing in it at all,there now seems to be several Premier teams in the hunt and my guess would be some from abroad will be watching players at this Tournament. I will be amazed if he starts next season as a Port Vale player tbh but despite what one or two think how Carol will take the first offer,he has 2yrs left and will go for the best price possible with a sell on plus add ons,i still say the total price for Dipepa unless he really flunks now will be our record fee received for a player

• Like 5

Advert

2 hours ago, The French Connection said:

Love 'battling', means the price is going up! 😋 Bit disappointing only referring to six figure fee!

I’d honestly rather him go to League 1 or the championship before us to maximise our money. A club like Peterborough would be perfect as they know how to develop and sell on for big money. 
Exeter made a fortune from Ollie Watkins and Carlisle could be looking at 12million if Everton sell Branthwaite. 
Either way the lad looks like he could have a very exciting future. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

999,999 is a six figure fee. We'll give them a quid discount. 

I would take that as a first payment 🙂 

Seems like Newcastle are chasing Brazier as well,we certainly have some good young talent out there

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Covers our backside doesn't it.

Exeter made a fortune from Olly Watkins add ons. Very important, although undoubtedly all will be undisclosed. 

That will be where your big money is made dependant on the size of the sell on Peterborough have a good sell on with Toney so they will get a good wedge from his eventual sale this summer.

I am positive that we will have sell ons with the lads who went to Villa and Newcastle and hopefully with Ndala who is at Man City,so that is 3 future potentials there besides a Dipepa one(even potentially Walters and Shorrock)

I doubt we will be in this position for a long long time so when we have an England u17 star he will have to play for a premier league side to keep getting into these squads. The older he gets he will not be getting into say an England u21 side being a league two player. He will have to train with the best young talent in the country daily. This will mean lots of top clubs will be looking to sign him and we have to make the most of this and set the price high. I reckon we should be asking for no less than £2m. That’s absolutely nothing to these clubs. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Jgpvfc said:

I’d honestly rather him go to League 1 or the championship before us to maximise our money. A club like Peterborough would be perfect as they know how to develop and sell on for big money. 
Exeter made a fortune from Ollie Watkins and Carlisle could be looking at 12million if Everton sell Branthwaite. 

Posh are a grade 2 Academy

36 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

I doubt we will be in this position for a long long time so when we have an England u17 star he will have to play for a premier league side to keep getting into these squads. The older he gets he will not be getting into say an England u21 side being a league two player. He will have to train with the best young talent in the country daily. This will mean lots of top clubs will be looking to sign him and we have to make the most of this and set the price high. I reckon we should be asking for no less than £2m. That’s absolutely nothing to these clubs. 

100% agree with this,all these big clubs will also be looking for players that they can eventually sell on for big profits as well,so as you say 2-3m to them if they think they can nurture him to an u21 international or better will be nothing if they can sell for 50-80m in the future like clubs do.

One things for sure the more clubs that are interested then the better for us

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Yes 15 goals in 29 games until he got injured

Even at 34 would a 3yr deal(risky i know) sway it a bit in our favour as it did with Curtis,not sure if Rhodes has had major injury issues or not recently though.

Also no matter what some think about him Darren Moore can be a massive pull for a player....... 

No club will be offering a 34 year old a 3 year deal mate. Would more likely be a 12 months 

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

No club will be offering a 34 year old a 3 year deal mate. Would more likely be a 12 months 

They wont get him with a 12mth deal and i am certain thats a fact mate. Yes maybe 3yr was a bit ott by me but surely we have to look at a 2yr deal with maybe an incentive package or possible coaching role,as i think we will have to offer something a bit different to get a player like him if we are after him because others in League One will offer a bigger wage package

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

They wont get him with a 12mth deal and i am certain thats a fact mate. Yes maybe 3yr was a bit ott by me but surely we have to look at a 2yr deal with maybe an incentive package or possible coaching role,as i think we will have to offer something a bit different to get a player like him if we are after him because others in League One will offer a bigger wage package

It depends on the wages. As you say he may be looking to go into a coach role in a years time we don’t know 👍🏻 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

the best price possible with a sell on plus add ons,i still say the total price for Dipepa unless he really flunks now will be our record fee received for a player

Adjusted for inflation, Ainworth’s fee was a modern day £5.38m.

Regarding addons, I hope we negotiate something based on goals and appearances etc rather than straight future transfer fees which may never happen. Every premier league goal Watkins scores now generates a cheque for Exeter.

I also begrudgingly accept that it’d be better for the fees to be undisclosed as the agents selling you a player knowing exactly what’s in your wallet is a bad thing. 

• Like 3

Yep and look what that money from Watkins did for Exeter

I noticed in that article about Newcastle Utd and their interest that they mentioned Brazier,considering you can offer deals at 17 like Dipepa and Shorrock I wonder why we have offered Brazier nothing IF there is interest in him as well