onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bristol Rovers (H) match thread - 29th March

robf

6 hours ago, blackdog said:

When the goal went in, Ripley sprinted straight over to the bench to celebrate, there was definitely a different energy about the team, it was obvious that the result meant something, after the Oxford game I'd as good as given up, yesterday has given me hope, lets get to the last game with something to play for...........

Agree, they seemed to be fighting and wanting to win the ball all over the pitch.  I am hoping the last game we have nothing to play for, as we are already mathematically safe and secured Div 1 safety. 

But this is Vale after all, so last game, no nails, fingers or arms by the final whistle then.

Come on Vale, you have given the fans a glimpse you are up for the fight now.  We are behind you - virtually kicking the ball out of defence, midfield and into the goal (hopefully on target 🤪).

• Like 3

Advert

I may be way off the mark but seemed to me on all highlights I've watched is that the dismissal /resignation of flitcroft who I liked to be honest ,gave the players (all im hearing )that new lease of energy commitment there were 3 players trying get ball of that Burton player for winning goal ,was it Massey who won it anyway loft and Chislett ran like the wind it was a fantastic finish and as Will Ferrrel said on the best video I saw of the goal oh my g-d it's Beautiful. 

Dipepa has scored 3 in 2 

Uche who to me is a fine player yes a bit  cumbersome when the ball sticks to him it sticks and he surely going slam some noteworthy goals in .

Home form been a disgrace for a long time though 

Good Fri be a good time start a winning sequence going ,at home as that's what sells season tickets not away performances which bar Fleetwood Derby have been ok and generally good at times .

Homes being garbage no other way dress it up people don't pay for a away season ticket as  me Stoke loving colleagues would love if they did as they all have a great time away at home there a shambles also .

So play up Vale and delight your own not once 1 four times required before season ends.

UTV 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

This may have slipped under the radar with most here BUT.....

Reading face further AUTOMATIC points deductions IF they miss more wage payments at the end of March and April....

Bet 365 have certainly noticed.....

TO FINISH BOTTOM......

Reading 66/1

Port vale 125/1

👍😉

Yes, there will be more. I think that’s certain. But we still have a battle to be 4th bottom even if Reading inevitably and almost certainly get more deductions. 

11 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Yes, there will be more. I think that’s certain. But we still have a battle to be 4th bottom even if Reading inevitably and almost certainly get more deductions. 

I’d prefer we battle for 5th bottom TJH.😉

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Howjy04 said:

I’d prefer we battle for 5th bottom TJH.😉

Well yes, but the point I was making that if Reading get points reductions, which they very likely will the sanctions as I understand it would be 15 points this time, so they would be doomed. Although yes, absolutely we don’t want to be 4th bottom! 😀 

I still think we went to three at the back v Burton because of their smaller pitch. At home I could see us being a bit more expansive, especially at Bristol Rovers play 4-3-3, so we may match them up?

Ripley

Sang, Debrah, Smith, Yak

Garrity, Ojo, Chislett 

Plant, Loft, Wilson

3 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Rovers have had some cracking results this season beating Pompey and Bolton, beat Stevenage away but have also had some shockers. 

Unpredictable. 

Agreed and in Martin they have an excellent seasoned goalscorer imo,it wont be easy thats for sure they have some very decent players in their squad

45 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Agreed and in Martin they have an excellent seasoned goalscorer imo,it wont be easy thats for sure they have some very decent players in their squad

Conteh from Grimsby has hit the ground running for them. Also agreed on Martin. What a signing he has been for them.

I don't think this will be an 'on the beach' rovers performance as their manager still trying to win over the fans. Putting personalities aside I get the sense that there is a rovers fan feeling that the football hasn't been an upgrade from Joey Bartons tenure.

23 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

It is, and I wonder what the attendance will be. Should be a good few coming back with Flitcroft gone . I’m getting anxious already. 

I reckon it could hinge on the last game at home to Cambridge, still a few twists and turns to go yet 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Well yes, but the point I was making that if Reading get points reductions, which they very likely will the sanctions as I understand it would be 15 points this time, so they would be doomed. Although yes, absolutely we don’t want to be 4th bottom! 😀 

How sure are we on this?  I seem to remember the last default the EFL didn't deduct any points, said it would be unfair??,  and fined the owner - who no doubt didn't pay

• Like 1