onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft gone

Bede

Advert

1 hour ago, TonyD said:

Just take a look around at other clubs and the ownership problems they have.  Port Vale is not a club in danger due to rogue owners.  Yes they have made some decisions that we haven't agreed with but they remain commited to the club and will ultimately stump up the money needed to right the wrongs should we be relegated.

A few other clubs having crap owners does not mean the definition of “superb” for Carol is accurate. They “will ultimately stump up the money needed to right the wrongs should we be relegated” is entirely baseless. I hope they do, but they have not stumped up the money to keep us competitive in league 1 and our squad is appalling. My hope is riding on her using the Synectics sale money on the club.

There will be a lot less money around in league 2 with 3k fewer season ticket holders. 

That isn’t because of Flitcroft solely buying duff players, it’s because they were the standard we could afford. 

• Like 2

DoF is not the same role at every club - each club has its own terms of reference for what duties the role has. To me, outside of First Team stuff, Flitcroft did a decent job - youth team players have markedly improved and this improvement needs to continue. The idea of these things being run under one umbrella and not in independent 'silos' is the correct one, in my opinion. The club is and should be more than just the first team and for me, in these times, a DoF is absolutely essential and good one will put us in a better position than similar stature clubs that don't have one.

• Like 2

The fact that last season we started with Tommy McDermott as an emergency striker and currently have Dipepa as a better option than our champagne signing Loft speaks volumes for our recruitment. 

Reset needed now. Fresh start. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

A few other clubs having crap owners does not mean the definition of “superb” for Carol is accurate. They “will ultimately stump up the money needed to right the wrongs should we be relegated” is entirely baseless. I hope they do, but they have not stumped up the money to keep us competitive in league 1 and our squad is appalling. My hope is riding on her using the Synectics sale money on the club.

There will be a lot less money around in league 2 with 3k fewer season ticket holders. 

That isn’t because of Flitcroft solely buying duff players, it’s because they were the standard we could afford. 

If there is 3k season ticket holders less next year that says more about the people themselves 

• Haha 1

Time will tell how we progress now as a Club. These past months certainly have tested the patience of hardened, long standing fans in addition to the "fresh" brigade of more recent attendees. There are no guarantees in football so I'm going to swallow my pride a little and retract from my previous stance of not renewing my 2 season tickets/ not doing home or away matches/ not spending in the Club shop or ground. Fickle or not after nearly 50 years of attempting to understand why I put myself through the rigours and upsets at Vale, deep down we are Valiants desperately wanting the best for our Club  I do accept Carol also is the same. She wants Vale to prosper. She makes mistakes but accepts them. She runs a successful business and frankly is still learning (a lot) how to run a Football Club. The future is ours, the fans  We can assist in rebuilding by remaining steadfast in our loyalty to Vale.  Division 2 may seem the abyss but let's face it  we know it only too well. Surely we have Owners now that do share our vision and there are many, many Clubs out there who honestly would give anything to have Owners like ours. KTF.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

If there is 3k season ticket holders less next year that says more about the people themselves 

It really doesn't mate. It's not cheap.

It's a fact that crowds are better in higher leagues for a huge majority of clubs. 

I won't castigate anyone not renewing. We've won 2 of our last 16 home league games. People are disillusioned and I don't subscribe to they are less of a Vale fan for not renewing.

I'll be renewing, however tomorrow is the last match I'm going to until August despite having a season ticket. 

Undoubtedly your view would be that I'm not a proper fan ? 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I don't understand why so many people are against a DoF.

It's 2024, not 1994.

Overlap of jobs. If the DoF sorts a player he likes and tells the manager it’s him or nothing what happens?. Suspect Andy Crosby was given that choice several times.

31 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Ah yes, it’s the disloyal fans who are not willing to support a club that has served up an appalling product for 18 months. Shame on us all.  What it should say is that they don’t want to spend money on miserable football. 

We all love Vale, I have seen some right crap over the past decade, but I just don’t think there is a large number of people out there who want to dedicate themselves to that. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The fact that last season we started with Tommy McDermott as an emergency striker and currently have Dipepa as a better option than our champagne signing Loft speaks volumes for our recruitment. 

Reset needed now. Fresh start. 

It says that we recruited a striker in loft who isn’t a prolific goalscorer, his stats say it, everyone knows it’s What’s gone wrong is that we haven’t got the right players around him to get the best out of him and we haven’t got a way of playing that suits the players we have. 

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Great news.

Let’s hope the fans can now get behind the club and the team, even if we are <ovf censored>. Let’s get back to the good old days of supporting the team no matter what.

A lot of fans were saying while Fraudcroft was still in place and dictating the style of football, who we can recruit - well not recruit etc, they were finished with Vale till he went. 

He has gone, so now the building/repairing job starts on the playing squad and also the fans falling back in love with the Vale and supporting them.  This will be in Div 2, unless the squad are praised by the football gods and they start scoring, defending and winning all our remaining games.  No I don't think this will happen either.