onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton (A) match thread - 23rd March

4 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

The reality is that if Vale pull off an achievable win at Burton, they can catch Cambridge.

It is doable. 

Amazing how some people think it's us against Burton and Cambridge. Cheltenham and Fleetwood are better than us and might just have something to say about things.

• Like 6

Advert

Burton Albion, ground capacity around 6,000 average home attendance arond 3,500 finished above Vale last season, above Vale again this season, doesn't seem right or are they just a much better run club ?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, PVP said:

Burton Albion, ground capacity around 6,000 average home attendance arond 3,500 finished above Vale last season, above Vale again this season, doesn't seem right or are they just a much better run club ?

Factor in clubs like Exeter, Bristol Rovers, Stevenage, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Cheltenham

And you have to ask questions of how this club is being ran

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Amazing how some people think it's us against Burton and Cambridge. Cheltenham and Fleetwood are better than us and might just have something to say about things.

An excellent point. We're next to bottom. We have to overtake 3 clubs.

Again Cheltenham showed grit in a 0-0 at Barnsley and Fleetwood are way better over the last 10 games.

2/9 @ the bookies sums up the huge uphill task. I'm factoring in Posh and Bolton as defeats too. 

We're as good as down. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Again Cheltenham showed grit in a 0-0 at Barnsley and Fleetwood are way better over the last 10 games.

2/9 @ the bookies sums up the huge uphill task. I'm factoring in Posh and Bolton as defeats too. 

We're as good as down. 

More chance of Darren Moore winning a Russian election than Vale staying up 

• Haha 7

Uche back is Vales only hope. 

We were scoring we looked a good side then Charlton/Wycombe disrupted our flow, then he got injured coincidence that been quite powder puff up front since apart from Dipepa 's all round excellence and work rate .

Very sad that only 650 tickets sold but hats off to those who continue to go  and of the worst performing clubs in all leagues .

It's being truly awful for a long time now we have had 18 months of going downhill faster than Eddie the Eagle on skis .

Vale have a lot of work to do just regain a bit of respect .

All these defeats have got on the supporters nerves. 

Better days for our fans must be a must and it has to start somewhere .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Uche back is Vales only hope. 

We were scoring we looked a good side then Charlton/Wycombe disrupted our flow, then he got injured coincidence that been quite powder puff up front since apart from Dipepa 's all round excellence and work rate .

Very sad that only 650 tickets sold but hats off to those who continue to go  and of the worst performing clubs in all leagues .

It's being truly awful for a long time now we have had 18 months of going downhill faster than Eddie the Eagle on skis .

Vale have a lot of work to do just regain a bit of respect .

All these defeats have got on the supporters nerves. 

Better days for our fans must be a must and it has to start somewhere .

Guess who’s back, back again. in the words of Eminem.

Really pleased mate, your optimism has been missed.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

We're as good as down. 

Fleetwood looked dead and buried so they brought some players in during the January transfer window, now they stand a decent chance of staying up. What a great idea, maybe we should try that one day.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Fleetwood looked dead and buried so they brought some players in during the January transfer window, now they stand a decent chance of staying up. What a great idea, maybe we should try that one day.

Don't be daft, why would we go and want to do that for with phenomenal players we have?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We can't find solace in the results these last few months and concluding we are irrevocably worse than the teams we are competing with to stay up. I know I lack as much confidence as the team, but the way to win enough games to get the points required is to focus on the correctable. Stop giving away goals through poor marking at set pieces, take our chances in front of goal, get our best players on the ball in attacking areas and develop a resilient robust and determined midfield. This is not rocket science and therefore it is possible through correct application. Some call it back to basics. Others a team that becomes better than the sum of it's parts. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, philpvfc said:

So old school thinking. 🤣   Fraudcroft is showing Carol the list of clubs someone printed off for him and we are top of it, so its phenomenal.  However its the worst performing club and fraudcroft hasn't read that part of the heading yet.  

• Like 1

Firstly congrats to young Baylee, a nice achievement for him. I think he is someone who seems to have come on as a player in the last month or so and is one of few who can hold their heads high in this squad. Guess this means we are without him Saturday though which is not so good.

• Like 5

As me Grandma would have said....You need your bumps feeling! I'm over in the UK from Wednesday to Sunday and there was NO WAY I was going Burton. So what have I just done? Bought a sodding ticket .......mad as a box of frogs.

I was over last season to watch the sh1teshow at Accrington...please don't let it happen again Vale. It will though won't it?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

As me Grandma would have said....You need your bumps feeling! I'm over in the UK from Wednesday to Sunday and there was NO WAY I was going Burton. So what have I just done? Bought a sodding ticket .......mad as a box of frogs.

I was over last season to watch the sh1teshow at Accrington...please don't let it happen again Vale. It will though won't it?

Tapped mate. Need help. 

In all seriousness fair play to you. Its in the blood and hard to not get swayed into going. 

• Haha 1