onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton (A) match thread - 23rd March

On 18/03/2024 at 18:17, Killersrevenge44 said:

Factor in clubs like Exeter, Bristol Rovers, Stevenage, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Cheltenham

And you have to ask questions of how this club is being ran

Absolutely. The idea that Vale are amazingly run and Carol is just being conned by Flitcroft is laughable. 

Having said that Stevenage have been owned by Phil Wallace since 1999 and they almost and should have fallen out of the football league but were saved by Covid ending the season. They have had plenty of ups and downs during his ownership but always seem to bounce back. The continuity of ownership seems to have paid off. 

Even so, despite how well they were doing their home attendance for a home tie V Orient with over 1,000 away fans was lower than that for our dire game V Oxford. 

They just bought in better players. I saw what they were signing in the summer and thought it blew away our feeble business. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert

The Vale lack belief .

There's too many players feeling sorry for themselves .

How many  times have we fell behind in a game and showed the character come back to win 

The best the defence has been all season was when Ojo was back there, look at how composed we were v Lincoln away  with  him there he can pass it thats a start, and the 88 mins v Fleetwood where the 2 centre half's did everything right.

We do not move through the field with any conviction at all the goalie gives it Smith Debrah icavetti Jones you bloody name it they show no composure at all just bang it high for Wilson who probably hasn't won a header in his career never mind a game for Vale ,or give it Ripley to try hit massey another player who's heading ability is  what I've seen not at all evident .

So it's all a bit dire and I know folk don't like us passing it but if booting it out of play floats your boat then crack  on its absolutely rubbish, also this kicking the ball back to keeper at kick off for him boot it as far down the left out of play riveting football not its absolutely turge how about passing it too one another and move through the field .

If ever body language tells the supporters they don't want to know then to me that kind of crap football is so evident to me they either do not want know or they cannot be bothered .

Does the manager like Chislett I wonder ,he defo has something about him as we have seen in better displays  this season by PVFC .

All in all Vales hopes of survival depends on when Uches back yes he as only scored one but him been on the field creating space for others to shine .

Does Wilson do that errr No .

Much to do but need the boost of Uche to at least create some excitement around the oppositions penalty area, something last 2 home games I've attended I've seen nothing of note but games v Blackpool Wigan Charlton Barnsley second half That uche brings life to the faithful .

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, man in the pub said:

The problem is we have a fatal combination of a defence that will concede a goal, it's a case of when rather than if.

We also have a forward line who can't score goals , it's a case of if rather than when.

Funny how everyone seems to forget the bits in front of the defence and behind the strikers. Goals conceded aren’t always just down to the defence and goals scored or created aren’t all down to the strikers. It’s a team effort. We have a poor team that can’t defend as a unit or create chances. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 4

After sat it's increasingly hard to pick a team but I'm.going try too .

Ripley 

Lopaco Icavetti Jones 

Lomax  Garrity Ojo(sang) Chislett Shorrock 

Weir

Wilson 

Something like that .

Not impressed with the midfield sat and not impressed with the role Debrah /Smith played in the part of Oxfords first goal giving them confidence run rings around us .

Massey for all the love in the world plays well 1 in every 6 .

I'd replace Ojo aswell if could but Lowe is better at the back than midfield .

Maybe try Sang in midfield he certainly can play football I think he switches off defensively, though but if we going out all attack which we should be doing he passes it really well in my opinion .

I'm.not sure Clark is fit enough play but if as too he can switch sides in shorrocks place .

Lomax comes in energy speed and everything I'd expect a right sided player to be able to do 

V Oxford in my opinion I have lots game was lost because we playing 4 at the back they had 1 forward so 3 were marking no one 

Its do or die time now if you have play 1 at the back play 1 at the back, and go for it especually if opposition have 1 up front get forwards shoot and out work the opposition .

Icavetti and Lopaco come back in v Fleetwood at home for 88 mins defensively they  were both more than adequate ,ok v Derby they struggled but Derby are light years ahead of us getting Gayle who Vale should have being breaking the bank get ,Jones probably deserves be dropped but in a 3 at the back I think he could do a job with him been left footed thats why gets nod over Debrah who's confidence looks as shot  as .

We usually win at Burton 2 -0 Wilson and Garrity 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Confused 1

On 18/03/2024 at 22:16, Dipepa delight said:

Uche back is Vales only hope. 

We were scoring we looked a good side then Charlton/Wycombe disrupted our flow, then he got injured coincidence that been quite powder puff up front since apart from Dipepa 's all round excellence and work rate .

Very sad that only 650 tickets sold but hats off to those who continue to go  and of the worst performing clubs in all leagues .

It's being truly awful for a long time now we have had 18 months of going downhill faster than Eddie the Eagle on skis .

Vale have a lot of work to do just regain a bit of respect .

All these defeats have got on the supporters nerves. 

Better days for our fans must be a must and it has to start somewhere .

He might come back, but he will need 6 games to be back up to speed. We also had Arblaster and Devine for all his matches except the Blackpool one where we just had Devine. 

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Funny how everyone seems to forget the bits in front of the defence and behind the strikers. Goals conceded aren’t always just down to the defence and goals scored or created aren’t all down to the strikers. It’s a team effort. We have a poor team that can’t defend as a unit or create chances. 

Absolutely. In fact in many ways the poor midfield is the worst of the lot. Even with Arblaster and Devine going forward it looked a bit poor down the middle. Right now? Totally disjointed 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Strange, they have 5 of the bottom 7 to play, so lots of twists and turns.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

We had our chance in February, with a decent run of games to get some points , but this team is not capable of that. I have no doubt that Vale are going down , and it will be worse next season if Flitcroft stays. The club is in a very bad place , and it’s going to take a major overhaul in the Summer to try to arrest the decline. I’m not holding my breath. It’s sad to see lifelong Vale supporters not attending anymore, but who can blame them ? 

Edited by Houston Valiant
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

After sat it's increasingly hard to pick a team but I'm.going try too .

Ripley 

Lopaco Icavetti Jones 

Lomax  Garrity Ojo(sang) Chislett Shorrock 

Weir

Wilson 

Something like that .

Not impressed with the midfield sat and not impressed with the role Debrah /Smith played in the part of Oxfords first goal giving them confidence run rings around us .

Massey for all the love in the world plays well 1 in every 6 .

I'd replace Ojo aswell if could but Lowe is better at the back than midfield .

Maybe try Sang in midfield he certainly can play football I think he switches off defensively, though but if we going out all attack which we should be doing he passes it really well in my opinion .

I'm.not sure Clark is fit enough play but if as too he can switch sides in shorrocks place .

Lomax comes in energy speed and everything I'd expect a right sided player to be able to do 

V Oxford in my opinion I have lots game was lost because we playing 4 at the back they had 1 forward so 3 were marking no one 

Its do or die time now if you have play 1 at the back play 1 at the back, and go for it especually if opposition have 1 up front get forwards shoot and out work the opposition .

Icavetti and Lopaco come back in v Fleetwood at home for 88 mins defensively they  were both more than adequate ,ok v Derby they struggled but Derby are light years ahead of us getting Gayle who Vale should have being breaking the bank get ,Jones probably deserves be dropped but in a 3 at the back I think he could do a job with him been left footed thats why gets nod over Debrah who's confidence looks as shot  as .

We usually win at Burton 2 -0 Wilson and Garrity 

Jones needs dropping.

• Like 2