onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (A) match thread - March 12th

Advert

32 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

im not buying into this " oh look weve turned a corner ". im firmly in the Flitcroft out camp. First team is a mess and has been for 18 months. Not even staying up now will convince me otherwise.

I guess that is the danger, survive in League 1 and it makes it harder to get him out. 

33 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

im not buying into this " oh look weve turned a corner ". im firmly in the Flitcroft out camp. First team is a mess and has been for 18 months. Not even staying up now will convince me otherwise.

And this is the problem, IF and yes that a very big IF we managed to stay up DF is going nowhere and I wouldn't trust him to get this squad to anything like acceptable. May be better in the long term to go down but still not convinced  Carol would sack him anyway so we're screwed regardless.

• Like 2

Solid point but too little too late maybe, however we need to build on it, teams above a keeping the door ajar but we need to start winning to take advantage which still seems a way off.

That said if we win on Saturday then that Burton game could become absolutely massive, so have to keep fighting.

It is worth noting Reading are likely to lose another 2 points as the owner has to pay the fine (which is only 4 points then) which he didn't previously and are in a precarious position in terms of a huge shortfall this month (they are trying to sell the training ground to raise the million quid they need) so could well lose more points, whilst a sad state of affairs we are that desperate we have to keep scrapping as getting into fourth bottom may see us out of it if Reading drop below from deductions.

Just now, Playa Amodores said:

When you look at the form we’ve now got a square with a D in it and not another L. The Shrews were beaten convincingly at home by Exeter.

They did have a man sent off after 6 minutes in fairness.

• Like 1

And this is the problem, IF and yes that a very big IF we managed to stay up DF is going nowhere and I wouldn't trust him to get this squad to anything like acceptable. May be better in the long term to go down but still not convinced  Carol would sack him anyway so we're screwed regardless.
I agree, if we stay up Carol will give Flitcroft credit for the appointment of Moore. Therefore, guaranteeing the continuation of Flitcroft. If we do go down Flitcroft will probably stay, but there is a slim chance he would go. So we are pretty stuffed either way.

Although I think it unlikely, if Moore kept us up, I would hope it would give him enough leverage to tell Carol to keep Flitcroft totally away from recruitment.

Well can but dream.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

All I can say it’s a good point and at least the players gave their all! We have never been league one ready since we came up, the odd game we have done well but overall we have been generally poor. I would like us to stay up but I think it’s too little too late. It’s a shame really because we will loose many of the extra fans we gained.

• Like 4

Folks, it was much improved, but there's no way in hell we're getting out of this.

The gap is massive really and the run we'd have to go on would be outrageous.

We need to be better than 1 with in 3 until the end of the season and we've won 3 in over 6 months

Best case scenario is we put some decent performances in

Relegation is a done deal now and we need to start the rebuild right now, because if we wait until the end of the season, we'll most likely have another very messy summer.

And we can't afford that in league Two

Dropping from there would be a cataclysmic disaster

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Folks, it was much improved, but there's no way in hell we're getting out of this.

The gap is massive really and the run we'd have to go on would be outrageous.

We need to be better than 1 with in 3 until the end of the season and we've won 3 in over 6 months

Best case scenario is we put some decent performances in

Relegation is a done deal now and we need to start the rebuild right now, because if we wait until the end of the season, we'll most likely have another very messy summer.

And we can't afford that in league Two

Dropping from there would be a cataclysmic disaster

Its 80% chance down but got to keep going, if we can get a win Saturday the dynamic changes and with form on sides above we probably need 14 points. Would need an upturn but somehow other teams above us are dropping like a stone so its keeping the door slightly ajar.

• Like 3

I mean all we can ask for is effort like last night i still anticipate we are going down and flitcroft needs to go. But atleast there was a bit of grit and fight in them last night. My tuesday night wasnt ruined for once which is nice.

2 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

No corner turned as there was still so little firepower.  But at least a clean sheet and one point--thankful for small mercies!