onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 preparation

There’s no way we keep the likes of Grant, Sang, Yak etc. AND sign players better than them to push them to reserve spots. How’s that going to work, they’re on L1 wages, players better than them would want at least similar wages, and I assume the cloth will have to be cut to accommodate Salford replacing Derby etc. in the away end. We either negotiate some deals that send the 2 yearers on their way, or make do with a squad with very little scope to improve. The only place that is not the case is strikers. Only Loft and Dipepa contracted, so surely, SURELY even our recruitment team will be able to improve that situation.

• Like 4

Advert

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Who trusts Carol to open her wallet and find the funds for a respectable squad? 

She will open her purse next season then when she releases the accounts she will get hammered online again because more debt has occurred 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, valiant steve said:

Who trusts DM to rebuild and become a successful manager of PVFC in L2 next season? 

Carol needs to realise the multiple monumental mistakes she's made over this season, ignoring the fans concerns which have proven to be justified, and personally fund a L2 title bid.

The fans wouldn't have made these mistakes and don't deserve L2 football.

If we can spend one season in L2 and bounce straight back then I will forgive her.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

Midfield players IMO don't look too bad as long as we play them in midfield:

Chis

Garrity

Ojo

Grant

Sang

Walters

Although, appreciate some could go BUT depth doesn't look bad.

Thoughts????

I would agree on the whole. I'm not sold on Grant at all and Sang is good 50% of the time (no idea if that would improve if he was ever played in his real position though). If he stays, I can see Walters being a mainstay of the middle - I think he could cut it in the next level down and move on in 2 years to bigger things. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vtid said:

If MK Dons don’t make it up via the playoffs I’d love us to raid them for Max Dean & Dan Kemp. 

Vtid, whilst I agree with you, we’re not a club that raids other clubs for decent fit players. It’s not part of our business model, that would mean investment. We’re a L2 selling club that soon won’t have any saleable assets. 

• Like 3

I don’t think Carol ‘owes’ us a personal funded title bid in order to win fan’s forgiveness. She definitely shouldn’t operate that way next season - will lead to poor decision making built upon ‘winning the fans round’. 

She’s effectively undone 21/22 so is broadly  level in terms of net positive and negative, probably edging positive as the club is in a better overall place than 2019.

Title bids aren’t as simple as ‘owner spend money’ and I think we’re more than a summer away from sorting out this mess, considering contract lengths.

• Like 3

I don’t buy into Carol needs to fund a promotion. Personally don’t feel that’s the best way to build a squad. We will have a top 10 budget anyway in L1 due to the nature of clubs.

I’d prefer to get rid of every single current player and get seasoned pros around Shorrock,Dipepa,Plant,Walter’s and Lomax. 

Find clubs to take existing players contracts on other than the obvious assets worth a bit of money to sell on.

A clear out is necessary to get rid of a losing nice guy culture over the past 2 years.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MBE said:

I don’t buy into Carol needs to fund a promotion. Personally don’t feel that’s the best way to build a squad. We will have a top 10 budget anyway in L1 due to the nature of clubs.

I’d prefer to get rid of every single current player and get seasoned pros around Shorrock,Dipepa,Plant,Walter’s and Lomax. 

Find clubs to take existing players contracts on other than the obvious assets worth a bit of money to sell on.

A clear out is necessary to get rid of a losing nice guy culture over the past 2 years.

Suppose we could always drop the rubbish off in a field and drive off. 

Half of them will fall and be injured and never move again.  The other half would not follow you if you dawdled to the van, as they are not that quick or any gumption/fight in them to catch you up.  

Feel a big clear out is needed and then DM will need to find players to replace those who move on to other clubs as they are the better players we would really want to keep.  Hopefully this will happen and mistakes wont be made like they have been in the past 2 years.

• Like 3

Has mummy taken PVFC Fan's phone and laptop off him for being a naughty boy and conversing with the fans?  Not seen many posts from him.

Probably doing lines and reading his naughty letter on the naughty step. 

🤪 🤣

• Haha 1

The players we have got will be highly competitive in L2. There is a need to address the wing back / full back positions and find a striker who will score goals at L2 level to go alongside Garrity, Chislett and Dipepe. Actually, it is only viable to retain Dipepe if he plays. Otherwise let a Championship club sign him. 

The throw everyone out tantrum isn't viable in real life. What is viable is trust Darren Moore. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MBE said:

It’s just not feasible to get rid of every player mate. We don’t have the money to pay them all off who’s under contract. Unfortunately we’re going to be stuck with quite a few. I agree with the youngsters I’m looking forward to seeing how they get on next season 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vtid said:

It’s just not feasible to get rid of every player mate. We don’t have the money to pay them all off who’s under contract. Unfortunately we’re going to be stuck with quite a few. I agree with the youngsters I’m looking forward to seeing how they get on next season 

Players like Grant it’s feasible for L1 clubs to takeover the contract unless the players want to sit in reserves of L2 and pick up money. That would be my choice to them…. Unless of course other L1 clubs look at his record last 2 seasons.😀

If we were still in L1 it would be different and they would the contract paying up but dropping a division we could use to our advantage.

6 minutes ago, MBE said:

Players like Grant it’s feasible for L1 clubs to takeover the contract unless the players want to sit in reserves of L2 and pick up money. That would be my choice to them…. Unless of course other L1 clubs look at his record last 2 seasons.😀

If we were still in L1 it would be different and they would the contract paying up but dropping a division we could use to our advantage.

You hit the nail on the head, what league 1 clubs will be after any of our players 😂 only chiz, garrity & dipepa will be looked at. We need to release all the ones out of contact, try & sell the likes of Ojo. And see if we can ship  a few others. I wouldn’t mind keeping a couple who’ve struggled this year like Sang & Yak etc I think they’d be fine in league 2. Lowe, Massey, Willo, Jones, Leutweiler, Grant & Loft if anyone wants him need to go. I’d keep Uche for league 2 as well if he wanted to stay as a squad player but then again I’ve heard he’s on a fair whack so prob best to use them wages on someone who scores goals 😆

Edited by Vtid