onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 preparation

Straight choice:

Option A: Put trust in DM to build a squad capable of top 7 in L2 or

Option B: Get rid of DM and put someone else in place to do the squad rebuild.

If it was my decision, I'd get rid of DM and put someone else in. My target would be Ainsworth. He must be missing football by now!

I'll renew our season tickets and back the team, whoever is in charge. I hope Carol starts listening to better advice than she has for the past few years. 

UTV! 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Advert

16 minutes ago, valiant steve said:

Straight choice:

If it was my decision, I'd get rid of DM and put someone else in. My target would be Ainsworth. He must be missing football by now!

I'll renew our season tickets and back the team, whoever is in charge. I hope Carol starts listening to better advice than she has for the past few years. 

UTV! 

I don't know why we won't give the man a chance. I say give him a transfer window and first half of season and if we do well enough we should keep him. If we do absolutely shocking bring ainsworth in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I don't get the love in for Ainsworth. Why would he want to come back anyway when nothing of his era is left apart from John Rudge and the ground.

Probably because he has a good pedigree as a manager and would do a job at league two level? Quite capable of winning a title with the right players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, valiant steve said:

Straight choice:

UTV! 

In my view, there is only Option A.

Firstly, because it would be completely misguided to judge Darren and his coaching staff when they have not yet had a fair chance to show what they can do.

And secondly, because it would be even more misguided to pay up long-term contracts which have only just started, and then magically find yet more money to engage a whole new manager and his staff.

It’s not going to happen, and rightly not, so let’s all give 100% support to Darren and his coaching staff now and next season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wrex said:

Sang isn't a defender, that's the thing. He's a midfielder who can fill in at right-back when needed. Because of atrocious recruitment he has been needed to play right-back all season. I wouldn't say any of the players deserve anything, but Sang could certainly warrant an arguement that playing nearly 50 games out of position in League One, when so many other players have gone missing with injuries or just not fancying it, that he deserves to be given a chance in his proper position in midfield in League Two.

Exactly.

A lot of people have forgotten this and are hanging him out to dry.

Quote: David Flitcroft told the club: “We have been chasing Tom’s signature since we knew we had secured our League One position and we are delighted he has agreed to join us.

“Physically and athletically, we believe that Tom is at Championship levels and he will add a different dimension to our midfield."

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Exactly.

Quote: David Flitcroft told the club: “We have been chasing Tom’s signature since we knew we had secured our League One position and we are delighted he has agreed to join us.

“Physically and athletically, we believe that Tom is at Championship levels and he will add a different dimension to our midfield."

And the next bit of that press release was Crosby saying "His versatility will give us options"

They knew what they were doing. Utility square pegs in round holes.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Doha said:

And the next bit of that press release was Crosby saying "His versatility will give us options"

They knew what they were doing. Utility square pegs in round holes.

Started the 1st game of the season in CM.

Clearly that's where he was signed to play. 

Then fill in at RWB if needed.

Our wingback options have been shocking this season.

• Sang: Centre mid playing out of position.
  • Clarke: Injured. Unlucky.
  • Massey: Winger playing out of position.
  • Plant: Winger/forward playing out of position.
  • Grant: CM most of his career. Never a WB in a million years.
  • Shorrock: 16 year old winger. Thrown to the wolves.
  • Mighten: Winger playing out of position.
  • Jones: CB playing out of position.

11 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I’m with Doha. I think we signed players hoping they could do a good job in multiple positions and make do when needed. Trouble is that making do has lasted all season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

It will be interesting to see where we recruit in the summer.  As you point out we are still desperately short up front and at wingback (or fullback), and have been since we got promoted. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Exactly.

He did bring a different dimension due to the fact we never played him there.

Again a Fraudcroft special. 

9 hours ago, Wrex said:

Sang isn't a defender, that's the thing. He's a midfielder who can fill in at right-back when needed. Because of atrocious recruitment he has been needed to play right-back all season. I wouldn't say any of the players deserve anything, but Sang could certainly warrant an arguement that playing nearly 50 games out of position in League One, when so many other players have gone missing with injuries or just not fancying it, that he deserves to be given a chance in his proper position in midfield in League Two.

The problem is though, that both managers have chosen not to trust him in midfield when we had rightbacks fit. Even Lowe, whos a right back was chosen to play there instead of him. And from what ive seen of him, I can see why. The opposite would stroll straight through us. 

9 hours ago, valiant steve said:

Straight choice:

UTV! 

Unfortunately Moore hasn’t shown anything to give encouragement that things will be any better with his own players, if he fails to win any of the first four or five games next season people will be calling for his head and another season will be wasted again, whoever thought giving him a 5 year contract was a good idea? I suspect this will mean he’ll stay unless he wants to leave?