onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby C (A) match thread - 2nd March.

2 hours ago, trentvale said:

You are an idiot or one in the making.

LEAVE OFF ANY OF THE PLAYERS UNTIL THE SEASON IS OVER.

HAVING A GO AT ONE OR YWO PLAYERS IMPACTS ALL PLAYERS.

Now grow up and take a break from this site. In other words go take one

Oh shut up you knob ,

Truth hurts doesn't it 

If your happy watching shyte You crack on but.thar doesn't mean the rest of us are going to stand for it . 😆

Keep on happy clapping, You're deluded 👍 And you've obviously got no idea how annoyed the fan base is 

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Advert

8 hours ago, JS Valiant said:

Well said Mate, I couldn’t agree more 

I have supported them 1963 and this certainly seems as bad as it’s been.

When the Owner won’t face up to facts and listen to the Mouths that feed her, so to speak, then the Ship is sinking without trace.

How can anyone take her Seriously after her saying, last week that the Players are Phenomenal and everything will be fine.

You can't take her seriously with that statement, it's looking like one bad call after another. They aren't interested in us by the looks of it.

2 hours ago, trentvale said:

You are an idiot or one in the making.

LEAVE OFF ANY OF THE PLAYERS UNTIL THE SEASON IS OVER.

HAVING A GO AT ONE OR YWO PLAYERS IMPACTS ALL PLAYERS.

Now grow up and take a break from this site. In other words go take one

Will.we still need a director of football , analyst's, sports science people ,coaches and all the other backroom staff in non league ?, you'll be chanting on the pitch next # Where are you let's be having you when the fans have lost all hope 🤔

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Ojo is pulling out of 50/50 challenges and tackles.

What do you think to that?

Not true.  The 50:50 tackle he thundered into on Saturday, in the 2nd half in Vale's half, in which he hurt himself and the Derby player suggest he's not pulling out of 50:50 challenges. He was booked on Saturday so after that he had to watch his step.  If anything Ojo doesn't look 100% fit to me.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Not true.  The 50:50 tackle he thundered into on Saturday, in the 2nd half in Vale's half, in which he hurt himself and the Derby player suggest he's not pulling out of 50:50 challenges. He was booked on Saturday so after that he had to watch his step.  If anything Ojo doesn't look 100% fit to me.

Ojo was looking to get sent off Saturday. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

Ojo was looking to get sent off Saturday. 

I think it a bit of both he’s not fit , frustrated and peeled off with Crosby going . We need his head on as him sang and Ben can transform that midfield. I wouldn’t write Funso off just yet 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Yes Paul. But Vale fans always need a scapegoat

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Brian said:

Can't comment on Saturday as didn't bother. However it's been documented by a few on here and I saw it with my own eyes that he wimped out of one v Fleetwood. 

That's not scapegoating. That's calling a player out for not giving their all. 

Questions rightly being asked because he dedicated his pen v Stevenage to Crosby and was obviously disgruntled at his sacking.

Only Ojo knows if he's trying his best. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brian said:

Ojo's body language in both the Fleetwood and Derby games struck me as someone who's thrown his toys out of the pram for whatever reason; thats not looking for a scapegoat thats an observation. Lazy passes, shrugging of shoulders, the only player not clapping fans at the end (despite the fact they have obviously all been told to no matter what the result). Clearly he's not happy with the change of regime but thats no excuse to not give 100% when you're getting paid as much as he is. We need him to buck up fast.

• Like 3

First time in 20 years since we lost 4-1 to Tranmere on the opening day that I have left a game early but that was dire, bar a 15 minute spell before their second goal where we had a bit of a go without creating much.

Shorrock got destroyed by their winger for 2 of the goals, it was bonkers throwing him in there, not his fault as he will become a very good footballer but that was a huge ask.

Ojo I hope is unfit because if not he can't be bothered and you down tools at a working class club like ours and it isn't well received by the fan base. I thought Derby were pretty poor but cruised to the easiest 3-0 you will ever see. All 3 very avoidable goals, first Lopata sticks it in his own net, not sure how Sibley is claiming that, second both Shorrock and Debrah get done and 5'9 Gayle has all the time to weigh up his header completely unmarked, the third is a comedy of errors, but notably a half arsed tackle, no one cutting the cross and no one out on the man it somehow gets through to giving him time to grab a beer before smashing it home.

Proper gallows humour in the away end, joining in the Derby songs about how poor we are and where we are heading, the fans who were superb deserved better, we outsung them first half and had little in return.

It is a game that really shows what failures have been made, no available strikers, a youth at wing back and a lack of battlers and characters.

Losing 3-0 at Derby is acceptable, their budget is huge and should beat most sides at this level but losing in that manner is not, if we are going down at least go down fighting but not seeing an ounce of that.

On a side note the safe standing system seemed to work well, first experience of it.

• Like 2

On 02/03/2024 at 19:10, Vale Ball said:

There must be money available..look at the new management team, manager asst. manager and a 1st team coach thingymejig what's all that about ?

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

I tend to think Carol is of the view, as has Flitcroft been really, that it is management that makes great teams, and that players are neither here nor there. 

Get a group of young players in and if they are young they can improve to be decent if the coaching and management is right.  

42 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

so is weir.

I just don't agree with that either, Weir was everywhere on Saturday and in previous games and put himself about and didn't flinch any tackles. 

The only Vale player I've seen pull out of a tackle this season is James Wilson. We know he's made of glass so I'm OK with this if it's in the opposition half 'cause we need him fit and available as he does offer a goal threat (I would concede not much of one this season) and has the ability to do the unexpected.

• Haha 2

Certain fans loved Loft because he did dome good tackles at Cheltenham. Ojo is a playmaker not a ball winner, not excusing anyone not giving full commitment but there is and always has been a dislike by Vale fans towards the more skillful players we have had if they don’t put the boot in.

Edited by philpvfc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Certain fans loved Loft because he did dome good tackles at Cheltenham. Ojo is a playmaker not a ball winner, not excusing anyone not giving full commitment but there is and always has been a dislike by Vale fans towards the more skillful players we have had if they don’t put the boot in.

Ojo is not a playmaker and is supposed to be a ball winner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1