onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Positives : Nathan Smith has cleaned up at the bookies.

Negatives : Everything else that happened today.

Going to take a few beers and a number of days to get over this especially knowing Stoke and Crewe will be in L1 next season.

I feel your pain, I had to leave half way through the second half  for my own sanity. Fans in the RP during the first half got more excited about the double rainbow behind the Lorne Street, that says it all.

• Like 1

Advert

1 minute ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Not sure what else he could have done mate. He’s inherited an absolute shower. 
I’ve made my feelings clear on Dipepa. He should be at Congleton Town (no disrespect) to develop.

All of this lies at the feet of the owner. And I’m not saying she’s a crook and that she should sell up BUT she’s made a huge mistake and continues to make it in having David Flitcroft at this club.

I get he’s limited to options but play one holding midfielder were at home ffs & need a win. Be more brave maybe 2 up top from the start. We all know Jones is clumsy & a liability give the yak a run out. I know he can be just as clumsy, get plant running at them instead of leaving him on the bench. It’s not just this game his subs have been baffling but I understand not many managers would get this lot out of this mess we are that bad

• Like 1

Tuesday could be bring 2 friends you want to lose as friends.  
If they opened the gates on Tuesday there wouldn't be more than 4000. Feel utterly fed up of turning up with hope and leaving with the same old Groundhog day story of woe. Can't Moore see that playing the same old walking football style is the reason we are sleepwalking to disaster

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

At all his previous clubs (including the successful ones) Darren Moore was criticised for making poor/strange substitutions.

He was praised for building teams, being a positive force that lifted them up. But yeah, he's no tactical genius.

If the director of football will allow it, then Moore can rebuild us in the summer. He won't save us this season though, not sure many managers could.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, worldsendvalefan said:

Carol has been good for this club. And I believe still will be in the future. There is not a long line of investors with millions of pounds to kiss goodbye for no return. Ask fans of Rochdale and Torquay. Football finances in the lower leagues have really hit the stupid button.
Remember when Carol took over we were having crowds of around 4,000 and allegedly close to breaking even. Now crowds of 6,500 can't break even.
Unfortunately, Carol is or has been naive of the workings and ridiculous business models of football club. She has then been taken in by the sweet talking of a man who is incompetent in his role and has previously overseen the financial demise of another club.
Hopefully now wiser Carol can reset, get rid of Flitcroft and move on. Get on with team first, everything else second.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

Exactly WSV as I've been saying the same, the same criticisms are heard at other football  clubs, eg Stoke for one.

Some fans have short memories do they really want another Smurthwaite or a collection of con men owning the club as there are not many people in S-o-T or the world for that matter with the cash and/or desire to buy the Vale.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, gags 64 said:

If they opened the gates on Tuesday there wouldn't be more than 4000. Feel utterly fed up of turning up with hope and leaving with the same old Groundhog day story of woe. Can't Moore see that playing the same old walking football style is the reason we are sleepwalking to disaster

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

Takeout sleep walking and insert sleep sprinting.

Nathan Smith take a bow. That's how to motivate and encourage your team in a relegation battle. Seriously losing any hope here now.
Bottom line is the lads aren't good enough. If they ain't good enough that's not their fault.
One fluke season in years now. It's never gonna end .
Pressure on pressure on pressure for the lads who aren't good enough. Tuesday is off the scale for some kind of result now.
So fkd off tonight.

• Like 4

Just now, Rockape99 said:

I will get panned for this but smith should be dropped and take the captaincy off him . He been dire all season 

Loads of us have said he should have had the captaincy taken off him - he is not a captain and it seems to be affecting his ability to play.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockape99 said:

I will get panned for this but smith should be dropped and take the captaincy off him . He been dire all season 

Not at all, don’t see that as a controversial statement. He’s not a leader and quite frankly he has been downright inept all season. If Lopata is fit to play I’d be banging on DM’s door about this.

• Like 1