onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

1 minute ago, Valiiant said:

If you accept we're down it just makes it easier to swallow when it's confirmed. We don't deserve to be in this league, Carol and David have seen to that. We need to restart again next season. 90% of this current squad will go. We should be excited about that, because it's <ovf censored> abysmal. 

You can see it now.  DF will come out with the usual close of season speech - we chased the best players and they went to other clubs.  We have resigned Willo, Loft and the rest of the other players.  However, the best players have gone to other clubs. 

We will see what the Jan window brings in.  Trust the process fans - I am having the greatest time of my life pulling the wool over Carol.  She is so easy to hood wink with my power point presentations about being Championship ready.

Advert

Allowing Cheltenham to do the double over us is unforgiveable.

We have actually been leading on 3 x seperate occasions against them this season, yet not picked up a single point.

So predictable today. So Vale.

Too many players simply do not care I'm afraid. We look like relegation certainties. DM has had an absolute mare with his subs as well when we went 2-1 up. Dipepa is absolutely nowhere near this level, it's insane that the young lad keeps getting thrown on.

What a total disaster of a day. Only Vale. Ruined my weekend again.

2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

I can’t believe how gullible I was to let Floor cloth talk me round the other night! It’s not the first time he’s done it to me either so I can see why he’s totally convinced Carol & others with his crap! We are going down & he is ultimately responsible for all of this. Just resign ffs you’ve ruined us, and I’m sorry but if Carol is so determined to persist with him she can go as well. Some won’t like that but they are the two responsible for this mess not Crosby or Moore. Moore won’t manage in league 2 so that’s a load of money we will have to pay him off come the end of the season. You won’t be pulling my leg anymore David Flitcroft get out of our club! 

Darren Moore with a five & a half year contract is going to be 'happy' wherever we're playing next season!

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

You can see it now.  DF will come out with the usual close of season speech - we chased the best players and they went to other clubs.  We have resigned Willo, Loft and the rest of the other players.  However, the best players have gone to other clubs. 

We will see what the Jan window brings in.  Trust the process fans - I am having the greatest time of my life pulling the wool over Carol.  She is so easy to hood wink with my power point presentations about being Championship ready.

This abuse MUST stop.

Open message for you Carol.

I don't trust the process! The "Championship-ready" statement about our infrastructure, backroom team and community initiatives, Robbie Williams Suite, new scoreboard, new training facilites and offices... it's all pointless if the First Team is <ovf censored> and never wins football matches. 

The last two January transfer windows have been shambolic. You haven't learned the lesson from January 2023 that nearly cost us our L1 status. January 2024 was actually even worse that 2023, and this squad of players lacks the strength, courage, leadership, character, fight, determination, passion (all the things that you can't see on a laptop screen of statistics about players when recruiting) 

You've asked us not to protest at matches and to keep our feelings to ourselves when we can see a major issue with the internal structure of our football club and the flaws in our recruitment process, so I'll be protesting with my wallet and keeping it shut come May when it's time to renew our three season tickets. 

I'm absolutely fuming! Every single team that we've played this season has better players than us. How can we possibly compete at L1 level when we've only got three players who are genuinely of the required standard? 

I hope the players hurt as much as us supporters, but sadly doubt that they do! 

If DM can keep this shower up, I'll be truly impressed! 

Just now, Bycarsbill said:

Darren Moore with a five & a half year contract is going to be 'happy' wherever we're playing next season!

He won’t be at Vale if we go down that’s for sure. He will walk & get a nice pay off 

We are desperate for a striker I don't get this rubbish about having to fit the squad I would take a goal scorer with a bad attitude over loft and wilson all day long. I personally think loft had a half decent game but he's not a goal threat wilson has given up its clear he won't be there next season and I think he knows that. We can't defend with 3 at the back need to go to a back 4 

2 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

I'd be concerned if DM has a break clause in his contract should we go down. 

Still time to scrape points together but my expectations are zero right now.

I'm still positive for DM, he's only been here a few days, but for the rest of the team - I've got little positivity at all.

Why? If DM takes us down you’d have to ask if he is any better than Crosby. I think he is going to turn things round though. 

2 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Are you any better? 

Come on we lost and it is worrying, but anyway, abuse wont help.

Some Vale fans have weird minds. Not saying they are all heroes, but they are all probably better at playing football than me or you, although I am great at Fifa. FM I am a master. 

When did I say I was any better? I pay my hard earned money following the Vale up and down the country, and to be completely honest, I’m sick of watching Ryan Loft run around, chasing shadows, giving the ball away at every opportunity. To be the fair, apart from Garrity, they can all do one.

I’ve genuinely had enough. The squad is simply not up to it, but at least show a little bit of fight. 

Flitcroft will have a lot to answer for when we are playing in front of 4,000 fans at Vale Park every Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

I'd be concerned if DM has a break clause in his contract should we go down. 

Still time to scrape points together but my expectations are zero right now.

I'm still positive for DM, he's only been here a few days, but for the rest of the team - I've got little positivity at all.

I can't see that being the case at all tbh. I expect he's come in knowing full well he'll have to rebuild after a relegation to L2 this season.

1 minute ago, SuperHuman said:

My biggest anger is the insistence on playing the same formation. Which clearly hasn’t worked for over a year. 

We literally wouldn’t be any worse off if we tried other tactics or formations. Even if we lost.

Your last sentence is actually  contradictory, but I know what you're trying to say and I agree, we should try something different.  I've been crying out for ages for us to return to a back four.

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

Why? If DM takes us down you’d have to ask if he is any better than Crosby. I think he is going to turn things round though. 

Are you being serious? 😭

4 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

This abuse MUST stop.

Why do you always have to be so over dramatic? That post you quoted is hardly abuse, and you typing out words like must in capital letters doesn't make it any more valid.

Archived