onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

Advert

Thought we weren’t too bad in the first half but bar the last 10 minutes we were dreadful in the second half. I really hope that Moore has had a good look at this and makes some changes because I did not see any improvement on crosbys tactics…same old, same old. 

1 minute ago, CambridgeDon said:

MOM Tom Pett - the player who wasn’t good enough for us...

He had a good game but Ferry was the outstanding player. 
Same old, same old from Vale I’m afraid. It’s looking bleak as we can’t sustain any sort of pressure.

And that you go. New manager bounce and all that. That’s 6 points Cheltenham have had off us. They hadn’t won for 15 games and scored 1 goal before DC. They scored 5 against us. So what’s that say about us? 

Nothing against Moore who I think is a great appointment, but same team + same tactics = same result.

Pity those results have been absolute dog s***.

Anyway, the march towards L2 is in full swing.

2 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

We can say sensible things like “Moore needs time”, but he doesn’t have any.

He needs to fairly rapidly improve a club that has been the worst in League 1 for 14 months into one that is competent.

Flitcroft has set fire to the 23/24 season with a poor managerial appointment, delaying the sacking, and incompetence in the market - and has now sent Moore inside in order to save the inhabitants, with very little to work with. He’s a firefighter who needs immediate results. 

Meanwhile, DF stands outside doing interviews saying he tries 9 different routes to get inside, but they all magically failed. He’s already talking about rebuilding the house he set fire to, with a new pool.

A huge, huge job for Moore. I’m not sure the squad is good enough.

No doubt about it, I'm certain that the squad ISN'T good enough 

1 minute ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Crosby was a scapegoat. If Moore is going to manage properly then Flitcroft needs to go.

If the Shanahans can't deal with that then maybe they need to reconsider why they want to run the club.

Are you going to take over? 

Shocking. Got battered by a team we're somehow considerably worse than despite them being pretty <ovf censored>. The players couldn't even raise their levels for the new manager bounce you often see. There were no positives from today. I'd make Wilson walk home, the coward.

We’re down we are. Ducking hopeless. Not been away for a while but won’t again. <ovf censored> shocking. Wilson can <ovf censored> off. Said it the other week. Get rid. Loft tried today but he’s not up to it. This is the worst squad since we had Pugh / tongue. Gutless performance. Dm deserves a knight hood if he keeps us up. <ovf censored> you DF. 

4 key passes, 1 successful cross out of 7. 

Off those metrics and performance it's a wonder we score 1 let alone 2. 

And I bet the successful cross was the corner as well.

Trying to play possession football and failing when really we shouldn't is just annoying in itself. We are never going to win games like that with that approach if we end up with less of the ball in a scrappy game like that.

Lots of work for DM to do.

Didn’t deserve anything from the game. I think Cheltenham will stay up with ease. They actually look a decent side, look at their points per game since Clarke took over and he’s completely turned them around. Without their first 10 games they’d easily be mid table.

Word on the ref. A <ovf censored> disgrace. Gave them everything. One of the most one sided performances I’ve seen in a long while.

Archived