onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peterborough (A) match thread - 10th March

robf

I’m also genuinely astounded people clapped the players at the end. I didn’t boo, just walked out. Please can someone who clapped explain it. We’d just watched an absolutely gutless, cowardly and frankly <ovf censored> display of football.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Advert

1 hour ago, Alan Vit said:

As opposed to judging him when you have never seen him play.

I think that Deklan Wynne is "a promising new signing" because -

1. I respect the judgement of Darren Moore and his highly experienced coaching staff who thought he was worth a trial and then on the basis of that thought he was worth a short-term contract as a longer trial.

2. He is not inexperienced, he has played c. 200 professional games and he has 24 international caps at the different NZ team age groups.

Please try to be a bit more positive to help the Vale progress.

Are you his Dad? Just wondering 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Peterborough could have played that weird skip head mascot thing they had in goal and they still would have won.

Such a bleak performance. If I was one of our players I'd almost be less bothered by the 3-0 then the manner in which we got completely dominated.

Its classic vale to spend so much of the first half admittedly doing 'the plan' only to screw it up in the last 30 seconds of the half.

Anyway it's gone now. Just hope the players can get over it, and actually try and play football on Saturday. 

Would be tempted to start Dipepa as seems to be our only forward in a bit of form. Again loft tries hard but silly to so blatantly do a shirt pull in our box for their penalty. Uche is like an angry trampoline. 

“ An angry trampoline “ . Brilliant description. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Being positive. On paper we lose to bolton everyday. Being optimistic we get a point. If we lose I don't mind cus they are clearly a very good side.

I’ve been following the Vale for 55 years , and I hate it when we lose , whether it’s the league or the tin pot trophy , it’s all the same. 
“ I don’t mind “ doesn’t do it for me. 

• Like 7

Let's go through that 11 tonight

I'll discount Ripley, Smith and Garrity as they are the only players I would start with each week

Lowe - not league 1 standard
Iacovetti - likewise
Grant - career over
Walters - non league
Massey - nothing player
Plant - not a defender
Ojo - has given up
Loft - National league at best

Subs
Chissy - not league 1 standard
Dipepa - not ready yet
Uche - immobile
Shorrock - not ready yet

What a depressing line up, seriously would struggle in league 2

Although no world beaters Debrah or Lopata have got to start before Lowe in a back 3

Terrible loans in January, Gore, Mighten, Weir, Williams. Why did we bother with any of these

It's all a bit depressing

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 3

If you were manager with a 3 day turn around would you prioritise Peterborough away or Exeter at home?
I'd prioritise the next game whoever that was against. We can't afford to just roll over and give 3 points away. If I went in to work and said to my boss, sorry I'm just drifting through today because I'm going to give it everything next week I don't think I'd be there long

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Home now being a good day apart from the football .

Prioritising games have you ever heard anything so stupid .

Fleetwood 3 Vale 0

Carlisle 2 Vale 1

Shrewsbury 2 Vale 1 

Vale 1 Shrewsbury 2 

Vale 1 Cheltenham 2 

Cheltenham 3 Vale 2 

Vale 2 Burton 3 

So am i hearing right the players were sent out to lose the game because they believed they had no chance .

So sit back and let a team.who had played in a final only 48 odd hrs earlier and play not only poorly but very poorly was acceptable because Exeter and Wycombe are more important games .

I want me money back if that's the case no game should ever be prioritised no wonder the clubs a shambles since Jan  2023 if that's how the players are .

I won't be rushing go watch them again a night staring at the Mona Lisa statue would be more exciting .

They really know how to bring the fans together joyfully

Good grief I spoke to lad I used work with at THE years ago and he as only missed 2 games all season he deserves a medal .

What a lousy performing football club we are and oif we survive or get relegated we will continue be when we prioritising beating say Crawley over Walsall because we scared of them 

Get a grip .

I thought Moore was going be the making of Vale at present I don't Moore of the same I want high press get in oppositions faces football with every player at full pelt not players jogging round like it's a pre season friendly 

• Like 1

I didn't watch it, what formation was it? BBC Sport suggests 4-5-1 with Garrity, our main goal threat wide right. WTF??? I saw that and thought we cannot defend for 90 minutes, they only need one goal and game over, we have nothing out there that is any threat. Chislett on the bench? Rested or carrying a knock?

3-0 shows where we are.

Well last night has made things clearer, one from Cheltenham, Burton or us will survive and two won’t. We need to win a minimum of two of our home games which, when you’ve only won one this year, ain’t going to be easy especially as we are scoring well under a goal a game.

Rightly or wrongly I can’t help thinking last night’s team selection had Saturday in mind with some of our better attacking options not starting. Whether DM called it right will become apparent at the weekend. Personally, I can’t see us beating Wycombe as they look a decent side in good form but we need to go out to set up to win every home game we now have left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I didn't watch it, what formation was it? BBC Sport suggests 4-5-1 with Garrity, our main goal threat wide right. WTF??? I saw that and thought we cannot defend for 90 minutes, they only need one goal and game over, we have nothing out there that is any threat. Chislett on the bench? Rested or carrying a knock?

3-0 shows where we are.

Regards Chislett, he didn’t look 100% in the pre-match warm up - lots of ‘stretching’ rather than ball-work and lots of chat with coaching staff/physio(?), however, it didn’t show when he came on, though, unusually for him, he ran straight down the tunnel at the end - could be illness rather than injury and he just need the bog 🧻

Regards the game, despite what some have said, I thought there was plenty of effort without the ball just very little quality for the short times we had it.  I said in another thread I felt pre-game the same as I did before the Ipswich game at the end of last season the performance was similar with regards the back-to-the-wall defending (especially first half) but that’s as close as we came to emulating the Ipswich game. Bolton apart, fortunately we won’t encounter the same attacking threat posed last night (I thought Mason-Clarke and Poku were class and am sure would give any opposition wingbacks/fullbacks a hard time let alone the makeshift ones we’ve had to field this season) and that gives me a glimmer of hope that we may still get something out of our remaining fixtures that at least gives us a chance of staying up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So Carol that's what Championship ready really looks like. To use another catchphrase , Phenomenal, in it's correct use, best describes the Peterborough players. There is a massive job ahead for someone as the upgrade required on the pitch is massive.  I feel it needs saying incase anyone from the club is reading this, I mean the players and not the grass. Unfortunately the focus has been too much on improving the pitch, and look where that has got us . It was like shooting in , the gulf  between the 2 teams was a chasm.

To use an old Railway phrase "Mind the Gap".

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Ye we have a league 2 squad playing against league 1 sides

Does mummy Carol know your talking like this and saying you don't mind losing against Bolton. 

She will have you on the naughty step and no deserts after your tea for a week.  There will also be a naughty letter left on your bed saying you are naughty for saying that. 😉

A long way to go to not even watch us have a shot. Although Flash Scores said we had one - I must have missed it!

As has been the case all season, far too many square pegs in round holes for us. 

Plant, not a right-back, Massey, not a striker, Lofty, not a footballer. 

For Exeter and the remaining games Garrity has got to be moved further up the pitch, he’s the only player we have who looks capable of scoring a goal. It’s pointless having him in midfield playing through balls to Uche, Loft and Massey.

The only positive I can take from the night is that we only conceded 3. It should have been a cricket score.