onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Advert

A video of a short (three minute) speech that Carol seems to have given to a room of people.
In the video, she takes the mic to speak and is very emotional, almost breaking into tears as she composes herself to say that she couldn't believe it when after a three hour zoom call with Moore talking to "me and Flickers", he rang back and said he'd take the job. She says Moore's values aligns with that of the club and that she is so pleased and proud to have him as manager seen as he is a Championship manager.
She goes on to say that Moore told her that he needed three games to work out the team, see the measure of them. She says that she is confident he will turn it around now he's had those three games. She says it's a good squad and she's been with the new backroom staff and their family today. They all told her how fantastic Darren is and promised her that he'll turn it around.

Personally, it's a difficult watch to see her in such a state. I'm sure Moore will get the squad winning games, but it'll be in League Two. I didn't like her saying "me and Flickers", didn't sound too promising for change of sporting director, but we knew that already.

Blimey. Sounds intense tbf kinda glad I couldn't see it. It wouldn't sit easy with me seeing her upset ethier.
Sounds like she's between a rock and a hard place with it all.
What a mess
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Smallthorne clampet said:

Got to feel for her , but when you are in a hole - stop digging !

All very sad. I had heard that the events of the last x3 weeks or so had taken their toll. The longer the situation continues and results stay dire the more pressure will intensify on Carol and the board. We are grateful to the Shanahans but as many have tried to say, it's a mess and that mess is/ has largely been attributable to some of the poorest recruitment decisions seen at Port Vale in my lifetime. We can't all be wrong. Many are now contemplating not renewing season tickets next season. We don't look like creating anything from midfield or in wide positions and even if we did we do not have the required standard of striker to finish the chances. Today looked like Reading, don't fool yourself, this is poor, very poor. Football is 95% all about the product on the pitch.

• Like 7

The sad thing is I genuinely believe she means well. she has been hoodwinked... they talk the talk but the proof is in the pudding our record over the last year and half just highlights mistake after mistake whos to answer for it? The fact our record is padded out with the 6 decent games at the start of the season you take that tiny purple patch out and it really leads for dismal reading. The speech she did still believing everything will be fine just shows how delusional she is over everything thats going on. I think she doesnt want to accept shes put her good faith in the wrong person. Its just really sad to see as it didnt need to go like this....

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Emile said:

I feel for her but the optimism from the club has been drained since January 2023 when we looked like a club on the edge of the playoffs.

One shocking transfer window later and we lose our manager who really exemplified how the fans wanted us to be - desperate to win football matches, gave honest interviews and respected the fans. He was made the fall guy instead of a real investigation as to what went wrong and we scraped by the skin of our teeth.

Then, instead of taking the chance for change, Carol let DF give the manager's job to the assistant who was taking training since January and as responsible for the crap on the pitch as the previous manager. Two more dreadful transfer windows and that's that then isn't it.

She has started to make amends by getting a decent manager in 9 months too late. She can repair things even more with the fans by announcing DF is leaving at the end of the season and conducting a proper recruitment process for a head of recruitment/director of football. If that were to happen, regardless of what division we are in next season, fans will be more patient and forgiving. If she continues to back DF it's going to get worse here, particularly if we are relegated then it will become unbearable. I really hope she can see what she needs to do.

DC has publicly said he needed time out of the game to sort his life out which is more than understandable. I think we ought to bury the hatchet and stop blaming flitcroft and Carol on that one.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

The fact our record is padded out with the 6 decent games at the start of the season you take that tiny purple patch out and it really leads for dismal reading.

All hypothetical conjecture but if you did, we'd (based on PPG before and since) finish on just 33.

I just find myself feeling like i cant be arsed any more which is so sad because i genuinely care so much about this club its the highlight of my week every week waking up on game day and i just ask my self why do i do it to myself. Every game i go to i go thinking todays going to be the turning point deep down knowing its not going to happen. I sit here wanting to believe everything carol said in her letter i sit here wanting to believe that flickers plan is going to show itself to be true and hes going to make it happen. Then the game kicks off and i sit there watching the game infront of me and week after week think is this good enough? Are my standards too high? But it's happening time and time again and Ive just simply come to the conclusion it is nowhere near good enough. Where is the fight? I want to see them fly into tackles get in their faces show some bloody fight! Carol crying today im sorry i dont want to see my chairlady cry but come and tell us this isnt bloody good enough and we are going to do everything we can to stay in this league give us a battle cry. But its just were going to be fine? Are we??? Seriously you genuinely think if things carry on the way we are its going to be fine?

• Like 7

After watching that car crash of a video, she should sell up now. The strain is starting to show and will take its toll. I think for all the good she has done off the field, having no experience of running a football club, she has trusted the day to day running of the club to other people, who it seems also have no idea of how to run a football club. Sorry Carol, but I think its time to let it go and let someone else take it on. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mellor! said:

I don't think we'll have to worry about that if we get relegated and Stoke get relegated. If he thinks he's had abuse so far, losing our only shot at a Potteries derby in over 20 years will see him running for the hils.

Sjoke would obviously be the biggest one to miss out on, but we could potentially have 6 or 7 sell out away ends. Substitute that for Barnet or Bomley, with a pinch of Harrogate  and Accrington. 

Realisticly we could loose out on over £500k on those 6 or 7 games alone, obviously minus the policing costs, but I guess,  that's OK because Accringtons 100 fans (optimistic, I know) won't hardly cost us anything 

Hope the clown(s) have considered this. 

Edited by Old fort
  • Like 2