onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, Diego Maradona said:

Genuine question: Why would Moore come Vale?

Because he is a football manager and we have a vacancy for a football manager.

I can't see him getting a job above League One any time soon.

6 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Genuine question: Why would Moore come Vale?

Why wouldn’t he? 

Out of work manager, failed at his last championship club, league 1 will be the top level for him at the moment. 

I still think we’re a good job for someone, there is potential here, it’s getting through this season and with some decent investment spent correctly there is potential. 

From the top half of L1 upwards to the bottom of the Premier League is a turbulent environment. Big clubs yes. But, in the Championship, there are 21 expensive failures. Stoke City are possibly moving presently from failure to big failure. Viz. Relegation to L1. QPR coming for them. 

So looking at Stoke City. 20k fans at games, but they seem destined for decades at Championship or L1. How will they get back to the Premier League. 

So what of Port Vale. Success would be a consistently secure L1 side. At worse a club that would be confident of coming back from L2 if relegated. This is realistic. We need another 10k fans at least just to reach the zone of failure Stoke are in. Is that better?

4 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Vale have tweeted happy bday to the best on earth but wiki says his bday is 21st February? Can anyone confirm this, I’m sure they mixed his bday up last year as well 😅

21 and 12 is a typo. 

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

In the Christian calendar Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, the start of lent. What do you think Vale will give up for forty days.? 

Well it can't be winning or scoring from open play as we've been giving up that for ages

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Because he is an out of work football manager and we have a vacancy...

1 hour ago, Rory said:

Because he is a football manager and we have a vacancy for a football manager.

I can't see him getting a job above League One any time soon.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Why wouldn’t he? 

Out of work manager, failed at his last championship club, league 1 will be the top level for him at the moment. 

I still think we’re a good job for someone, there is potential here, it’s getting through this season and with some decent investment spent correctly there is potential. 

33 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Would love it but can we afford him?

25 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Bielsa went Leeds, Emery went Villa. If the club makes a good case then a good manager will come

Don't get me wrong, he seems decent. Just thinking about it from his perspective. Just having a vacancy as a reason 'is neither here or there' for me. Vacancies come up periodically throughout the season. 

I'm not being argumentative, just wandering the attraction of a (currently) bottom four side instead of waiting another few months until another vacancy comes up. 

Archived