onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

34 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

IF we get Moore I will let the DOF pull me off

Reminds me of the anecdote told by Rodney Marsh about when he was playing for England under Don Revie. Before the game started Revie told Marsh that he’d be pulling him off at half time. To which Marsh replied,

’That’ll be great because we only get an orange at Manchester City’

Would Darren Moore be happy with a two and a half month contract - I know what I would say to that.
Even if DM accepts Vale's terms, we may never know what they are. A bonus based on our league position may get him over the line. But that could open doors to offers from other clubs depending on results.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

8 minutes ago, 1977Valiant said:

Moore has an average win ratio of nearly 47% from his 4 managerial positions he has held, comparing that with Crosby’s 31.8% and Clarke’s 37.8%, so I’d say if what has been said is true then we are definitely getting an upgrade if Moore is appointed manager.

If there are other clubs after him it may not be the case. Either way, it's a gamble

If it doesn't pay off another season at Salford and Accy.

8 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

If there are other clubs after him it may not be the case. Either way, it's a gamble

Isn’t anyone we get through the door next a gamble 🙄 I can think of plenty more bigger risks than Darren Moore! 

1 minute ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I think it would be nailed on us playing LG2 football at Salford and Accy next season if we appointed any of the other managers which have been linked or interested (apart from Moore or Duff) since Crosby’s departure.

It maybe a gamble (all new managerial appointments are) but  think it’s the only solution currently, where we possibly can turn the tide and just about save this disastrous season

13 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Do you not think any appointment is a gamble?

There is no guarantee that any manager comes in and turns around our season. But on the balance of probability, a manager with 3 very good jobs done out of 4 would seem a decent enough shout.

Am I right in thinking once with Moore there was a misconstrued allegation of racism at Vale fans at Burton away.

I think we were shouting ' you fat barsteward ' at him but got mistaken for a different word.

He got dogs abuse that night ! 

I'd be happy with his appointment. All the above is irrelevant. 

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Am I right in thinking once with Moore there was a misconstrued allegation of racism at Vale fans at Burton away.

I think we were shouting ' you fat barsteward ' at him but got mistaken for a different word.

He got dogs abuse that night ! 

I'd be happy with his appointment. All the above is irrelevant. 

I thought that was hasselbaink 

Archived