onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

Advert

2 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Indeed. People keep hammering Flitcroft, but she is his biggest cheerleader and clearly cut the budget at the start of the season when the warnings that we needed more were clear from how the previous one finished. 

She needs to do the right thing and look to sell the club. We need someone with deeper pockets and just as importantly, understanding of football. She gave it a good go, just go as soon as possible before you start to do real damage.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Powerline said:

Idk if you’ve ever seen Yak play but he looks like he’s towing a caravan even at the best of times. No way he can play left back. 

You’re making excuses for Moores <ovf censored> substitutions that have cost us the game once again- Grant should never have come on at left back, for a tired Mighten, maybe but not for Jones.

Just now, philpvfc said:

Why take Mighten off, our best goal threat tonight?

He hasn't played enough games to get a full 90 yet, he'll be great in the coming weeks

Just now, philpvfc said:

Why take Jones off and replace him with a winger?

Because we don't have anyone else other than Shorrock. I'd have played a double leg amputee ahead of Grant though

Just now, philpvfc said:

Why take Chislett off?

To give Garrity minutes

Just now, philpvfc said:

Why is Lowe on the pitch? 

Wasn't really the worst, but again, not enough in the squad

Just now, philpvfc said:

Loft lasted too long, done nothing

Guy works hard but has zero confidence or composure. Alternative is Wilson who can't play as a lone striker or Dipepa just the same.

Just now, philpvfc said:

Anyway- 0-0 up until the subs, and within 9 minutes after Moore’s inspired substitutions we are 2-0  down.

I think his hand is forced to some extent, but I said this morning putting Grant up against Azeez and Yiadom would be suicidal so he has to look at that one. If Plant/Clark are fit, Grant is sat in the stand

Just now, philpvfc said:

Sold down the river again by DF, Moore will take us down and we are stuck with him for 5 years

I don't think Pep Guardiola could get a tune out of this group, but for 65 minutes until he had to shuffle we improved a lot. I trust he can improve us, we're running out of time to see if it's enough this season

• Like 3

Just now, Valiiant said:

Maybe they're a bit better than what I give them credit for. I'm fine with that. But I don't understand these calls about us doing well in the game. We were always going to fade in the second half, always going to make crap substitutions because we have tossers like Wilson on the bench, always going to gift opposition chances and goals because that's just what we have done all season.

Was always going to be difficult. I’m as frustrated as anyone we have had snippets of chances but as you say we lack quality & if you can’t defend its a awful combination. 

1 minute ago, Valiiant said:

They're not a good side.  They have a few good players but you can say that about just about every team in the league. Even ourselves. I never felt for a moment we were winning this game. Why would I when we have a donkey up front, a donkey off the bench to replace him, and bang average League Two defenders?

Carol has spent her money in the wrong areas. It's money spent on the players on the pitch that keeps you in this division. Everything else plays second fiddle, I appreciate the ground has to confirm to legal requirements but we are going down. We don't need a DOF  but what we desperately need is a goalscorer. The man responsible for everything the ball touches nearly took us down last season ,I'm convinced he will go one better this season. Why is is still here ? Must read Carols letter again.

• Like 5

Just now, philpvfc said:

You’re making excuses for Moores <ovf censored> substitutions that have cost us the game once again- Grant should never have come on at left back, for a tired Mighten, maybe but not for Jones.

Jones was injured (as usual)