onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (H) match thread 6th Feb

Fosse69

20 minutes ago, Osh said:

Sorry Brian - one other thing; yesterday didnt you post that you were prepared to give DF another chance, or am I dreaming that.  He has done some very good things; if he pulled a good manager out of the bag and,  say, he got someone like a Deeney in, would that go some way to repairing his damaged position...??

I genuinely get peoples anger; for me its not about getting angry and throwing things out of the cot - right now we need to get out of the <ovf censored>.  That takes application and hard work, not throwing tennis balls on the pitch or venting your spleen online and tagging Carol into your social media posts.

Why does anyone think Troy bloody Deeney is a decent manager?!

Advert

I would get Troy Deeney in as a relatively match fit striker option but not manager surely? 

I thought yesterday the game was similar to Portsmouth, let Orient have most of the ball and play, got lucky they couldn't finish and we didnt really have a go until injury time when we probably should of got an undeserved equaliser.

Battled first half in fairness but second half we looked flat and once the goal went in gave up.

6 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Why is it always the one person who has actually done his job virtually every week who comes out and addresses things? Meanwhile none of the clubs hierarchy have said a peep.

At least we’ve got one decent player. Posts on social media but backs it up with top performances. 

6 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Why is it always the one person who has actually done his job virtually every week who comes out and addresses things? Meanwhile none of the clubs hierarchy have said a peep.

Wears his heart on his sleeve. One of the very few who can actually look himself in the mirror. 

Bombed out by DC at Christmas in his first season. Slowly worked his way back in to play a part in the semi final and final (in fact I’m convinced that both him and Gibbo were massive factors in coming back in for that last few games that saw us get over the line).
Much maligned last season by fans and rumours I heard from out of the club were that he was offered a relatively poor new deal by flickers and eventually, after signing, he was told he could leave if an offer came in. Let’s not forget he didn’t appear in anything preseason promo related for quite a while because of this.  This is supposedly why he wasn’t a happy character and I think it showed in his performances. 
The Flitcroft effect in full motion

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Let's not get this mixed up.

People are getting upset and talking about protests etc but protests against Flickers not Carol.

Carol is starting to alienate the fan base by sticking up for Flickers and people are just trying to make her see sense when it comes to him

I can  not see how Flickers carries on now from all of this

Flickers has lost the most important thing and that is the fan base (or most of it).  Last night showed that. 

The more Carol sticks by him, then the fans will forget all the good work she and Kev have done, how they saved the club - it will be all lost and the fans will want them gone as well.  There by the club closes down.

Flickers sold her a story and managed to go from a manager interview - to DoF (part time) to now DoF (full time) by selling a story/5 year plan to be in the Championship.  Has now has control of the football (pitch side of things) and cocked it all up.  But he is still managing to stay clear of all the blame.  Teflon Flickers he should be called.

11 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

The Flitcroft effect in full motion emoji17.png

Well it’s not new news considering I said it on here during preseason 2022-2023 when I heard it. (He allegedly did the same with proctor and Gibbo at the same time). 

40 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

The one player who all season has played with commitment and wants to wear the shirt with pride. 

You are a legend in the fans eyes already.  Yes it is a team game, but most of the players are letting you down Rippers and the fans by going through the motions.

Last night showed your commitment - running the length of the footy pitch as you wanted to score a goal in their half. 

I salute you sir.

Archived