onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (H) match thread 6th Feb

Fosse69

27 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Weird that Nash has stayed. 

Likely has a good relationship with Riley and the reserve. No problems with the goalkeeping department this season. I imagine he's happy enough to stay as long as he's left out of the <ovf censored> show that's going on everywhere else at the club.

Advert

8 minutes ago, Warren said:

Yes, this month is a big problem. I ain't done an analysis but in my very long time following PV we can't cope well with Saturday - Tuesday. 

So my proposition we should swap Tuesday to Wednesday. There is no police opposition to that these days if it clashes with Stoke City. That said I like Tuesday. 

So we have a day less to prepare for the Saturday game than the team we play on the Saturday, sure that would work out great.

1 minute ago, valefan79 said:

So we have a day less to prepare for the Saturday game than the team we play on the Saturday, sure that would work out great.

If we are playing at team at rest and we've played Tuesday. Obviously we are at disadvantage. 

Jesus I'm off here tonight. All - grow some balls or ovaries. 

32 minutes ago, andy jones said:

We have won about 3 in 20 odd matches. Who thinks a couple of games in hand will see us win them?

Keep on doing the same thing when you know it doesn't work is the definition of insanity. 

It's not insane, but it's clueless, leaderless and rudderless...

Worryingly sounds like our Academy team will be in place for Saturday’s game.
Thats me finding something different to do. 
I didn't see any change in the style of play tonight, in fact if anything we looked even more clueless than normal. Tippy happy, tippy happy, hoof ! Can't think of more than 2-3 positive passes where we kept the ball in the opposition half.

Some gutless performances out there tonight, I won't name names but if you were there you will know who I mean

As someone said earlier we have so many players clearly not up to League 1 standard, some are young and it's not their fault they've been thrown in at the deep end. Others look disinterested, perhaps they know their future plans already

Where's the hunger gone? We committed 3 fouls in the whole game.

We need to have a complete clear out starting with the DOF. Maybe money is the issue and the reason why we couldn't add to the squad in January. I can accept that but just be truthful with us

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

Also tonight evidences why the striker situation is so bad. Loft is the worst striker I’ve ever seen down vale, and we’ve had some stinkers. I wouldn’t take him in a Sunday league team. That volley he tried, Christ. And now he’s injured.

And Dipepa isn’t much better, offers absolutely nothing. Feel terrible for him as he’s a kid and shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team in a normal season. Should be getting loaned out to non league for experience. Instead he’s getting hung out to dry.

Also I don’t know when Carol is going to wake up and get rid. The crowds have been progressively dropping all season almost as quickly as the team has. Less than 4k home fans there tonight and I’ll be surprised if there is many more on Saturday after that shambles. It’s quite obvious Carol. Take no action and you are asking to be relegated and have sub 4k crowds every single week. 

Money needs to be spent now to get a decent manager in and some free agents until the end of the season and then start fresh in the summer. Now is the time (and previously) to invest in the FOOTBALL TEAM not the scoreboards or campus or any other irrelevance. Connor wickham is a free agent. Is he brilliant? No, is he better than what we have? Yes. Pay the wage and get him in to give us some chance of survival. Every side around us improved and we have gone backwards again. 

If you don’t act and DF stays, we will have another yes man as manager and the club will continue to drop and I for one will not be attending games until he is gone. I’m not even angry anymore, all season I’ve been rabbiting on about DF being a grade A <ovf censored>. I’ve gone past the anger stage and now just sad at what a laughing stock we are once again becoming - which feels even worse given the positive feel around the place until Jan last year. 

3 hours ago, Rory said:

My message to you all is that this is probably what it is going to be like for the rest of your life supporting Port Vale.

We are likely to flit between the third and fourth tiers of English football.

This is Port Vale. Ok?

<ovf censored> to that I say. Shrewsbury have stayed in League 1 for years, as have fleetwood and burton. Why should we accept such piss poor product on the pitch. I’m not expecting a lot, but Christ.

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Also I don’t know when Carol is going to wake up and get rid.

Not any time soon, unfortunately, judging by how he was quoted in the WR interim manager press release.

The last 3 transfer windows have been an absolute shambles. I got moaned at on here for drawing attention to the fact that we went all summer with only 1 fit <ovf censored> striker, Harrison. Thomas was brought in with just two days to go. I was <ovf censored> right. 

Archived