onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Poll: rate Port Vale's January transfer window

robf

Vote: rate Vale's January transfer window business  

141 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Port Vale did during the 2024 January transfer window?

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Hands up, I am looking to use the results of this poll for a front-page feature on the site. 

However, having said that, I still think it's interesting to get people's views on whether January has been successful or not.

There's clearly a LOT of comments criticising the business but that's from the regular posters. There's also a lot of "lurkers" on OVF who don't post their views so I'm interested to see what the majority view is.

The poll is just above this post if you want to place your vote.

Thanks!

Advert

We've replaced the four loanees. Er, that's it.

No movement on striker or wing back front that Flitcroft stated as priorities. No replacement for Ikpeazu or any of the other long term injured.

Will take time for new players to settle in, even though the last two have more experience. Will they be any good? So worse off in the short term at least.

Poor for me, for reasons that no doubt others will elaborate on. The potential quality of the four loanees saves it from 'very poor' for me. Hopefully two or three of them can really improve the first eleven and help to make up for the deficiencies in the rest of the squad.

Blaster > Gore

Devine > Weir

Balmer < Lopata

Thomas < Mighten

Biggest difference = loss of Blaster for Gore

That is my prediction.

Little bits of business that don't impact the first team = small +

No cover obvious areas = massive -

</> = huge loss overall

It would look a lot better if a striker came in on some sort of last minute deal, ratified agreement. but until then we have massively compromised ourselves.

With the loss of Arblaster and Devine and countless injuries, we have a much worse starting eleven and squad. loanees need time to settle.

Not confident and rightly so. Positive spin can only go so far with me after supporting Vale for 47 years. Very poor.

26 minutes ago, 1 said:

Blaster > Gore

Devine > Weir

Balmer < Lopata

Thomas < Mighten

Biggest difference = loss of Blaster for Gore

That is my prediction.

Little bits of business that don't impact the first team = small +

No cover obvious areas = massive -

</> = huge loss overall

I think that in addition to covering the players who returned there really needed to be cover for other losses and that's where I think we've lost out on this window.

Ojo (hopefully not for long), Garrity and Ikpeazu are all big losses and though we've replaced loanees we've not done anything to bring in cover for those three significant injuries really.

When you add in we were already short of numbers upfront, it does look tremendously short-sighted to have not at the very least added a loanee (we only have four and could play five) forward to the squad. 

Now they’ve as good as confirmed that nobody else coming in there’s no way of giving it anything other than poor. Put the Rhys Williams one to one side as to be honest if he is a wrong’un its better to be shot now than have him ruin the dressing room over a longer time.

We went into this window needing a LWB and a forward and have ended up with neither. Don’t know where the blame lies whether it’s Carol / Flitcroft / both in equal measure but they’re playing fast and loose with our chances of staying up. Would like to be more positive but just can’t.

Goals win games. Complete dereliction of duty not signing one striker minimum. 

They must see something on the pitch we don't?

Maybe that man of the match display from the Pompey keeper and all the close shaves convinced them that goals will come .

2 hours ago, sheffieldclayhead said:

Deceptively poor - brought in some potential good loan signings to replace those who have been recalled. These could make a massive difference.

But the area's we needed and obvious to all have been left empty.

Gambling with our L1 future - hope it pays off. 

Yes, gambling sums it up very well.  Gambling with our League 1 status, gambling that enough of the young players, the loans in particular, will come good, gambling we have enough in the team to stay up, be that goals, quality character, fit players or whatever else, gambling on last ditch signings by the looks of it, even gambling that the grand overall scheme is worth more than the product in the pitch.  Time will tell.

Archived