onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

Advert

15 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Sell up to who?  Have you got some names in mind?  If it’s that easy don’t be coy, simply get on your phone and call all those oil sheiks and multi millionaires, but be sure to tell them they’ll have to go to the back of that very large queue of would be owners who are not only minted but also have  Vales best interests at heart.

The club isn't actually upfor sale though yet is it , if carol puts the club on the market I'm sure there will be interest 

17 hours ago, Valient1961 said:

We were poor yesterday and I’m undecided about Croz but we really are struggling with injuries and I know we are not the only team to have them but I think some in here are a bit over the top can’t wait for us to fail . 

Struggling,you are right there,I've never known us have so many injuries,especially with our midfielders and strikers.Losing Ollie,Alfie and Josh hasn't helped either but we move on.UTV

26 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

The club isn't actually upfor sale though yet is it , if carol puts the club on the market I'm sure there will be interest 

All clubs are effectively up for sale.  Since when have you seen “For Sale” signs outside grounds?  If someone knocked on your front door and offered the right deal you’d consider selling end of.

4 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Healing

This type of injury can take between 6 to 12 weeks to fully heal.

Taken from King's College Hospital website.

I think it was the 1986 World Cup when England tried to get Bryan Robson to Argentina after a dislocated shoulder injury. It all failed miserably and Peter Reid took over in midfield. Those were the dark days of English football when we actually tired to believe a very limited player in Robson was our best and world class. 

41 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

So despite the steady improvements, (pitch, team, matchday experience), promotion & introduction of premier league talent etc that Carol & Kevin have overseen and despite their 1million plus additional investment each of the last 5 years, you would still prefer the uncertainty of the club being put up for sale? In which case, there would be zero further investment until the club was sold and the risk of a new owner such as the likes of smurf waltzing through the door?  Anyone with any business acumen would look at the clubs books, and unless they were an idiot, a devoted fan (like the Shanahans) or a gulf oil magnate with a desire to launder a load of dodgy cash, probably run a mile. Port Vale is located in one of the poorest cities in the UK where disposable income is limited. Our gates are the best they've been since the 1990's and the club still cant make a profit. We are blessed to have the current owners. I get that saturday was disappointing but we are without the midfield backbone of Garrity, Ojo, Blaster & Devine and it will take a while for the new lads to settle. To start shouting sell up is quite some over-reaction. 

17 hours ago, soothsayer said:

Yeah and there’s a queue of multimillionaires lining up down Hamil Road to take over! 🙄 With our supporters reputation for berating any owner we’ve had in the last 25 years, I’d be surprised if there’s anyone out there who be daft enough to take Vale on. 
The recriminations can wait until May as the structure and woof the club won’t change in what’s left of this season. 
I’d suggest fans back the team for the last 20 games and see where we finish. I’ll be there Saturday backing the lads

2 of those owners 100% deserved berating and no one can say otherwise ..... surely

13 minutes ago, Hot Rat said:

So despite the steady improvements, (pitch, team, matchday experience), promotion & introduction of premier league talent etc that Carol & Kevin have overseen and despite their 1million plus additional investment each of the last 5 years, you would still prefer the uncertainty of the club being put up for sale? In which case, there would be zero further investment until the club was sold and the risk of a new owner such as the likes of smurf waltzing through the door?  Anyone with any business acumen would look at the clubs books, and unless they were an idiot, a devoted fan (like the Shanahans) or a gulf oil magnate with a desire to launder a load of dodgy cash, probably run a mile. Port Vale is located in one of the poorest cities in the UK where disposable income is limited. Our gates are the best they've been since the 1990's and the club still cant make a profit. We are blessed to have the current owners. I get that saturday was disappointing but we are without the midfield backbone of Garrity, Ojo, Blaster & Devine and it will take a while for the new lads to settle. To start shouting sell up is quite some over-reaction. 

It’s not just Saturday is it? It’s 3 wins in 19 games so if anything it’s an under reaction. 

Personally I don’t think we have progressed from last season. Some areas of the pitch we are strong (in goal) others I think we are much weaker. The league table Dosent represent any form of progression. 

The only positive I see is that there's about 7 or 8 clubs too pass on way up with the right application on the pitch (gamely not when you feel like it players ).

If you manager you shouldn't have say much to a set of players really you should just say .

Get out and do the business 

No excuses 

People pay good money watch you .

If you cannot get yourselves up to play top of the league (Middlesborough league Cup quarter finals)you have to ask the question is playing football for you .

Not be nice like our lot are .

Cold harsh and truthful 

All well and good players all get on but if half don't and half do the half do will still have to perform 

I can take  a defeat no problem what I cannot take is a lie down and have your bellies tickled performance .

A captain has to lead so whys Crosby having to get Ripley pretend be injured get his point across by stopping the game .

That's Smith job amongst other jobs he cannot do .

Yet our fans love him

Strange bunch 

UTV 

2 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

As someone who was heavily involved with the stress of trying to rid the club of previous owners can I just say 'Nippy' that IMHO every PVFC fan should be eternally grateful for the fact that Carol & Kevin have paid well over the odds and saved the club from extinction, invested further millions of pounds in the club's infrastructure, invested in the playing budget to get us out of league 2, increased the playing budget to enable us to improve the squad this season, created an Academy that is already bearing fruit.

All this is working towards making us a self sufficient club that is a huge part of the local community well beyond just it's footballing core.

Whilst, we are all concerned at results since we briefly went top of the table at kick off against Burton. 

Anyone who thinks, like yourself, that Carol should put the club up for sale so that a 'new owner' will suddenly appear who has the same love of the club as Carol and family really needs a reality check.

27 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

The only positive I see is that there's about 7 or 8 clubs too pass on way up with the right application on the pitch (gamely not when you feel like it players ).

If you manager you shouldn't have say much to a set of players really you should just say .

Get out and do the business 

No excuses 

People pay good money watch you .

If you cannot get yourselves up to play top of the league (Middlesborough league Cup quarter finals)you have to ask the question is playing football for you .

Not be nice like our lot are .

Cold harsh and truthful 

All well and good players all get on but if half don't and half do the half do will still have to perform 

I can take  a defeat no problem what I cannot take is a lie down and have your bellies tickled performance .

A captain has to lead so whys Crosby having to get Ripley pretend be injured get his point across by stopping the game .

That's Smith job amongst other jobs he cannot do .

Yet our fans love him

Strange bunch 

UTV 

Will agree in as much as Nathan Smith seems like the most non-verbal captain I've ever seen. It was Iacovitti who was doing the shouting and encouragement on Saturday.

I think that the only positive from the game was Jack Shorrocks cameo at the end. He proved himself to have progressed massively since the Crewe League cup game in the Blackpool win and showed he's got the Xfactor. I'd like to see him start our next home match, if not at Fleetwood.

1 hour ago, bobbymanc said:

I think that the only positive from the game was Jack Shorrocks cameo at the end. He proved himself to have progressed massively since the Crewe League cup game in the Blackpool win and showed he's got the Xfactor. I'd like to see him start our next home match, if not at Fleetwood.

Out if interest, where would you like to see Shorrock? In Grant's position, or in front of him, with Grant in a back four again?

(Bearing in mind that a back four from the start may be against our DNA.)

6 hours ago, valefan16 said:

We are in trouble now League Table wise, games in hand are great but need to take points, Reading play early Saturday so its possible we are in the drop zone by the time we next kick off, sobering thought. 

Football throws up many surprises but Reading winning by 4 goals away would be a big one.

Archived