onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

After games abandoned for fans protests and frozen pitches, Vale will probably be grateful to get a full 90 mins played.

This is the match thread for the home game against Pompey...

Advert

Looking forwards to the game .

Hopefully our defence will have  significantly improved from a lot of this years efforts thus far .

A few new signings in the team and I see no reason why we cannot  win .

As long as chislett Wilson and Uche start and finish the game I see plenty of goalscoring opportunities to be made and hopefully taken .

My team I'm.sure it will get the don't agree with that team from someone and that's fine .

Ripley 

Williams Lowe Jones 

Massey  Gore Weir  Grant 

Wilson Chislett

Uche 

A good team that plenty of what I call footballers in that team and no lack of the surprise factor.

Dan Jones to score and uche and Wilson 

3 nil Vale 

Assume Debrah will be good to go for this so would like to see him Lowe marshaling and Williams

Massey and Grant full back

Gore if he signs with Weir

Chislett

Wilson and assuming still here Uche

Portsmouth have been in poor form, 3 losses in 6 including defeat to Cheltenham, Orient and Bristol Rovers, have drawn at lowly Exeter and Fleetwood recently also so are not in the imperious form that they were so its certainly a game we should be looking to get a positive result in... this does mean Crosby needs to avoid this first half backing off we seem to do against the higher flying clubs and go for them whilst they are low on confidence and not give them a head start.

Think we will get a point here 1-1.

We played them off the park in the first half at their place. Just couldn't score! Then we switched off and the ref gave a very dubious peno for their second and it was game over. Nothing to fear at all. Hopefully, a free couple of weeks has sorted some injuries and we can play a midfield and back line!

23 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Looking forwards to the game .

Hopefully our defence will have  significantly improved from a lot of this years efforts thus far .

A few new signings in the team and I see no reason why we cannot  win .

As long as chislett Wilson and Uche start and finish the game I see plenty of goalscoring opportunities to be made and hopefully taken .

My team I'm.sure it will get the don't agree with that team from someone and that's fine .

Ripley 

Williams Lowe Jones 

Massey  Gore Weir  Grant 

Wilson Chislett

Uche 

A good team that plenty of what I call footballers in that team and no lack of the surprise factor.

Dan Jones to score and uche and Wilson 

3 nil Vale 

Any chance you will be changing your username Phil.

How about Gore Blimey 😁

On 22/01/2024 at 15:02, robf said:

After games abandoned for fans protests and frozen pitches, Vale will probably be grateful to get a full 90 mins played.

This is the match thread for the home game against Pompey...

I am concerned as Garrity is out until March and I think Ojo is out as well and we haven’t bought a striker yet

4 hours ago, mbycars said:

Any chance you will be changing your username Phil.

How about Gore Blimey 😁

Cannot change me name unless I deactivate and have no intention (excuse the pun )of doing so .

Gore blimey is quality 👌 though great recommendation .

For me, a difficult team to pick. Seems ages ago since we played. Not sure who might be back from injury. Also, will we go with any of the new young lads?

Anyway, let's have a go at how we might set against Portsmouth:

Ripley

Debrah.          Williams.           Yak

Gore

Massey.                                             Weir.                   Grant

Chissy

Uche.                    Wilson

I'd go...

Rippers 

Smith     Williams     Jones 

Sang        Gore         Weir         Grant 

Chizzy    Willo 

Pain in the arse 

2-1 Vale! Willo & Gore to bag

8 hours ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Exeter & Reading have both won tonight.

Tough task Saturday against top of the league, could leave us 1 point off the drop if we fail to get anything.

Our games in hand are racking up though, 2/3 over pretty much everyone. 

4 off 11th too. and we've played the least games in the league.

ripley

sang debrah williams yak grant

gore

weir              chislett

willo

uche 

Archived