onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

3 hours ago, maccapvfc said:

I remember Portsmouth manager doing an interview just before they played Cheltenham bemoaning their injury list, although he did state something like "I've not seen or spoken to a manager in recent months that don't have an injury crisis". So that could have played a part in some of their below par performances or results - I've no idea if that has since changed but we do need to be cautious - they're right up there for a reason. 

They are under real pressure so it could be a bit of deflection. Struggling for form for whatever reason, I even read Colby Bishop complaining about fans booing them now they have Bolton, Peterboro and Derby right on them now. They've blown a big advantage and its starting to show.

Great time to be playing them. I'm looking forward to it and hopefully see our new loan signings perform well.

Advert

Portsmouth are feeling the pressure at the top recently. If fit I think we have a team that can beat them. But it's likely a substantially new team that hasn't played together as a unit. It's time for Crosby to get the strategy right. 

Did the club confirm shirt numbers yet for Williams and Gore?

I saw that Weir has taken Conlon's old number 20 at Reading, I'm guessing that Williams will pick up 5 from Balmer maybe, and Gore maybe 11 rather than 18?

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I gave up trying to work out who was playing for us a while ago. 

Williams is the tall one Gore is the short one apparently.  My eyes (even with spectacles) gave up on being able to see shirt numbers a long time ago - especially under floodlights.

15 hours ago, Warren said:

Portsmouth are feeling the pressure at the top recently. If fit I think we have a team that can beat them. But it's likely a substantially new team that hasn't played together as a unit. It's time for Crosby to get the strategy right. 

I am sorry but Crosby hasn’t got a clue week in week out and has blamed the medical team for some of his decisions 

3 weeks without a proper game bar 16 mins .

I'd like think there be 8000 plus Vale fans there sat .

We playing top of the league .

What more motivation do you need be there. 

Looks like only Gore incoming this week so let's hope he does relatively well he will need too .

UTV 

16 hours ago, nodge said:

Did the club confirm shirt numbers yet for Williams and Gore?

I saw that Weir has taken Conlon's old number 20 at Reading, I'm guessing that Williams will pick up 5 from Balmer maybe, and Gore maybe 11 rather than 18?

Would that be classed as Weir's debut? Or null and void, what if somebody scored a hat trick, would they have to give the ball back?

1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

I am sorry but Crosby hasn’t got a clue week in week out and has blamed the medical team for some of his decisions 

I'm concerned that Crosby starts all the new players on the bench. Given the players that have gone back that would mean he chooses to play a weaker team than we had before whilst leaving a stack of ability sat on the side line. Then he'll bring them on when we are 2-0 down. Crosby doesn't see the game the way I do and he mightily frustrates me. But maybe he's been given 'advice' before Christmas. 

1 minute ago, Warren said:

I'm concerned that Crosby starts all the new players on the bench. Given the players that have gone back that would mean he chooses to play a weaker team than we had before whilst leaving a stack of ability sat on the side line. Then he'll bring them on when we are 2-0 down. Crosby doesn't see the game the way I do and he mighty frustrates me. But maybe he's been given 'advice' before Christmas. 

how can he possibly start both weir & gore on the bench when we're so short in midfield, only one i can see is williams who will be lacking any sort of match fitness & has his injury worries previously 

3 minutes ago, Warren said:

I'm concerned that Crosby starts all the new players on the bench. Given the players that have gone back that would mean he chooses to play a weaker team than we had before whilst leaving a stack of ability sat on the side line. Then he'll bring them on when we are 2-0 down. Crosby doesn't see the game the way I do and he mighty frustrates me. But maybe he's been given 'advice' before Christmas. 

thank god he doesn't see the game like you do 

2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

how can he possibly start both weir & gore on the bench when we're so short in midfield, only one i can see is williams who will be lacking any sort of match fitness & has his injury worries previously 

I'm hoping the loan players have contractual obligations requiring them to play. 

Archived