onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fans Forum

JohnJames

Advert

14 minutes ago, Emile said:

For those that want communication, you can't argue with that. I hope its recorded and the audio is actually listenable this time.

It's not been streamed live but there will be a video put up on YouTube after it's took place.

DF: We're working very hard to bring in some quality to those areas we've identified. It's been a tough January and the winter window is a difficult time to try and bring players in. We know we need to add some numbers to the squad but we also need to get value, and at the moment we're not seeing that. I've had agents on the phone all week and some of the wages they're asking for... It's just a matter of finding a deal that suits all parties, but we're all working hard and suspect we will be until right up to the end of the window.

CS: No, it's not crossed my mind to sack Andy. I admit that we've had a couple of sticky patches and understand fans' frustrations but we have a long-term plan at the club and I don't think we're going to achieve that by chopping and changing managers. I see Andy every day, I know how hard he works and how much effort he's putting in to getting things right at the club.

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

DF: We're working very hard to bring in some quality to those areas we've identified. It's been a tough January and the winter window is a difficult time to try and bring players in. We know we need to add some numbers to the squad but we also need to get value, and at the moment we're not seeing that. I've had agents on the phone all week and some of the wages they're asking for... It's just a matter of finding a deal that suits all parties, but we're all working hard and suspect we will be until right up to the end of the window.

CS: No, it's not crossed my mind to sack Andy. I admit that we've had a couple of sticky patches and understand fans' frustrations but we have a long-term plan at the club and I don't think we're going to achieve that by chopping and changing managers. I see Andy every day, I know how hard he works and how much effort he's putting in to getting things right at the club.

Are you hoping that events transpire between now and then that mean neither of these responses are required?

10 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Might as well cancel the forum and not bother wasting everyone's time!🤪

13 hours ago, Smallthorne clampet said:

The only way these forums are of any use , is for there to be somebody on a roving mic asking questions from the floor , which have not been seen previous to the night by club staff , and we get  a reply full of management speak .

Judging by the cynicism and vitriol spouted by many people on forums and social media, l don't think that's a very good idea. If l was Carol I wouldn't want to waste my time answering to ill-informed halfwits. 

It feels as if people want some kind of humiliation of PVFC staff in front of an audience, maybe in order to validate their own unrelenting negativity. 

As it happens I'd be surprised if any of those people can be bothered to leave their armchairs and actually say face to face what they say online. From what I've read from past meetings, they talk about things like cold pies and other trivia. 

Cold pies may appear Trivial but they are a sign of bad organisation and bad customer service. 
No one is going to discuss dismissal of a member of staff in a public forum. 
If they did imagine what sort of candidates would apply for the role in future. 

On 10/01/2024 at 23:07, JohnJames said:

Cold pies may appear Trivial but they are a sign of bad organisation and bad customer service. 
No one is going to discuss dismissal of a member of staff in a public forum. 
If they did imagine what sort of candidates would apply for the role in future. 

I don't want any pies to appear if they are made by Hollands. Aside from this I'm coming to listen mainly and think the club is being as well run as it can be. In business and sport stuff sometimes doesn't work out. But I'm appreciative of the money invested to get to a much better place than a few years ago. Without transformation and doubling in support I think the club has to work on being long term sustainable in the top half of L1. I'm open to inspiration though. 

4 minutes ago, Frank Mustard said:

They've spent several years talking about scoreboards. The majority of the floor will be lost for words now. Heaven knows what they'll discuss. Light bulbs out, Pigeon excrement on seats...etc. It'll be along them lines, I dare say.

Toilets in the Railway Stand maybe?

58 minutes ago, Frank Mustard said:

They've spent several years talking about scoreboards. The majority of the floor will be lost for words now. Heaven knows what they'll discuss. Light bulbs out, Pigeon excrement on seats...etc. It'll be along them lines, I dare say.

Talking of scoreboards I wonder why we don't put half time scores on ?

WiFi notoriously rubbish at football grounds. 

Archived