onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bad News !!

Davo666

I gather the process usually is that if a manager gets the sack unless in the contract he then has to be paid up. This is then done monthly like a salary until he gets a job. If he does then if the salary is less then the sacking club has to make the difference up, something like that anyway. 

Advert

Stoke have struggled to come to terms that they're roughly where they've been for most of their history - middle of the 2nd tier (similar to the way we struggle to come to terms with hitting mid-table League 1 and struggling to get further).

They've finished between 14th and 16th every year but somehow think that this is just a result of mismanagement. These managers, successful before their spell at Stoke, invariably go on to success after their spell at Stoke.

They had a decade where a truly excellent, once-in-a-lifetime manager delivered the top-flight and Europe, but then his successful football was too boring and they booed him off the turf in his last game.

Seeing them turn their nose up at the likes of Mowbray, a genuinely really decent manager who would be a good appointment, and demand the recently sacked manager of Chelsea is a sign of how warped the Pulis years (an aberration rather than the norm) have made their expectations.

The fall in attendance over the last few years, years in which they've not really come close to being relegated, is a sign that a good 10,000 were brought up on the glory days and can't quite handle the reality. Most of the lads I know have 'lost their love for the club', and will rediscover it in about a month when the new manager wins 2 of his first 4.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Stoke have struggled to come to terms that they're roughly where they've been for most of their history - middle of the 2nd tier (similar to the way we struggle to come to terms with hitting mid-table League 1 and struggling to get further).

They've finished between 14th and 16th every year but somehow think that this is just a result of mismanagement. These managers, successful before their spell at Stoke, invariably go on to success after their spell at Stoke.

They had a decade where a truly excellent, once-in-a-lifetime manager delivered the top-flight and Europe, but then his successful football was too boring and they booed him off the turf in his last game.

Seeing them turn their nose up at the likes of Mowbray, a genuinely really decent manager who would be a good appointment, and demand the recently sacked manager of Chelsea is a sign of how warped the Pulis years (an aberration rather than the norm) have made their expectations.

The fall in attendance over the last few years, years in which they've not really come close to being relegated, is a sign that a good 10,000 were brought up on the glory days and can't quite handle the reality. Most of the lads I know have 'lost their love for the club', and will rediscover it in about a month when the new manager wins 2 of his first 4.

Yeah that’s the problem, to loads of the young uns it’s all they’ve known. So they’re very entitled.

Stoke don't attract resilient fans to the extent that similar sized clubs in the Midlands do. Think Derby, WBA, Nottingham Forest. Some clubs have grown to what seems a permanently higher level from similar backgrounds. Think Wolves and Leicester. They now have a permantly bigger fanbase. But a club that self immolates like Stoke I would say is Birmingham. Coventry has had such a turbulent recent history I don't know what to make of it. 

Looking at Midlands clubs here. 

Edited by Warren

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

I'll be amazed if Graham Potter goes to the 💩 at ANY price....

Yes, history suggests Stoke are going to do a quarter century at Championship level with the occasional dabble with L1. It starts at the top with owners. I suspect the very wealthy have lost their mojo with huge losses but also they used up the routes to write such further sums off. That's my way of saying they really do need to comply with financial fair play rules tightly. 

I guess they haven't made the catastrophic mistake of bringing Wayne Rooney in!

Edited by Warren

There's a distinct possibility that when England inevitably fall short in the summer and Southgate resigns that Potter will be in the running. 

You don't go from Chelsea to Stoke. To be fair Lard fans are no different to any other set with delusion of grandeur. 

First time I've not seen their fans predict Benitez. 

55 minutes ago, Warren said:

Yes, history suggests Stoke are going to do a quarter century at Championship level with the occasional dabble with L1. It starts at the top with owners. I suspect the very wealthy have lost their mojo with huge losses but also they used up the routes to write such further sums off. That's my way of saying they really do need to comply with financial fair play rules tightly. 

I guess they haven't made the catastrophic mistake of bringing Wayne Rooney in!

TIME YET!?....😁😁

On 12/12/2023 at 09:13, robf said:

They are supposed to be looking at Dean Smith.

I hope Agent Smith remembers his fifteen appearances for the Valiants and knows what he has to do... :wink:

I read 1 article on the red button saying that they had approached DS, another saying that he had signed a multi year contract with a MLS club, Charlotte?