onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (H) FAC2R Match thread 12th Dec

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

Yes was it good seeing Worrall work his proverbial putting ball after ball in and no one on the end of majority etc 

We have had 11 poor months results wise (apart from cups )but come on seriously this season so far do you feel honestly that we have the amount of points in league we deserve. 

I beg to differ there's been so many games I've come away from thinking how we lost that,so many bad giveaway goals when let's face the opposition have done little to get them rewards ,that's how I've seen it anyway .

Maybe Exeter was the turning point cause generally we were second best ,but we did what others I feel have been doing to us being second best but somehow been given opportunities win games they have not deserved to win .

So lets have some positive support for the Vale tonight from all .

Lets see if we have enough about us win the game in 90 hope so then maybe I can reach work at 22.00 not  23.00 I've told them I'd be in .

Keep the faith .

Let's hope that December is the month where results turn. 

With support maybe they will .

With apathy and  delusion and negative thinking they probably will not .

So come on Vale .

Let's build that confidence even further leading up to big games v Wigan and the Middlesborough, as especially the latter the crowd should be absolutely buzzing I am I cannot believe Vale are 90 mins away from a semi final its absolutely wonderful 

UTV 

I do love your posts mate always passionate and very optimistic.

Approaching halfway through this season we are we deserve to be. 

We haven't picked up points our general play deserves because we are one of the worst teams in the division in both boxes. Thats where it maters. 

A big few months for the club to change direction.

• Like 3

Advert

47 minutes ago, smithie said:

I don't think anyone says you can't - but "crap" is too broad a brush. I really enjoyed the Reading and Bolton games, the Crewe and Mansfield games in the Cup were entertaining for different reasons (one for the penalty drama, one for the performance), we were good value at Burton in the FA Cup and by all accounts we were deserving of more at Portsmouth. I'm sure the fans who saw us win at Charlton, Oxford and Exeter enjoyed the victories.

Yeah great point - I agree, mate we aren't dire in every game, but that stat of being the worse performing team of 2023 keeps raising its head.

Off the top of my head, I loved Burton away, we were unlucky in many games as well (eg Shrewsbury), but the fact remains for me, since we came up, the proportion of entertaining games compared to "less entertaining" games is skewed one way.

Anyway here's to a hot blooded rip roaring cup tie tonight  🍻

Edited by Hoppers
  • Haha 1

Some of the dreadful home performances have really knocked the stuffing and enthusiasm out of a lot of people. It's not just the loosing it's the seeming lack of effort and stupid mistakes.  We really need to be on the front foot from the off and show much more intent.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, bomber said:

Some of the dreadful home performances have really knocked the stuffing and enthusiasm out of a lot of people. It's not just the loosing it's the seeming lack of effort and stupid mistakes.  We really need to be on the front foot from the off and show much more intent.

here here, definitley p------ off with present attitudes at vale park. too cosseted players , club seems to be run as a charity. why cant i sit on my seat i have sat on/near for nigh on 70 yrs? to save the cost of a few stewards? are we the only ground in the league that has an occupied stand with no toilet block? wont be going tonight, first cup match missed in many years, championship ready? what a joke. 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davo666 said:

As for the poor ticket sales we're only a small community club when all said and done,the day's of getting 10,000 plus are well and truly over !!

Sadly our attendances are only going one way, people are losing interest, I have a few friends who will never miss a cup game home or away but tonight they are not going due to recent performances and how dire we have become.  We have also for one reason or another failed to build on promotion the other season and get bigger gates than I thought, not just down to results, earlier in the season we had a shocking gate when home to Burton and had the chance to go top. 

We are now a smaller club than the likes of Notts County, Wrexham, Stockport, Chesterfield, Southend who are averaging similar, probably more in lower leagues despite low away followings.  I know people go on about Smurthwaite and we lost supporters through him but these clubs all had equally bad owners and dropped through the leagues even more but have been able to build up their support to a greater level than before.   Stockport are getting 10k in league 2, even when we had a great run under Clarke during the September/October/November promotion season, we would be getting 6 apart from the end of season. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Sadly our attendances are only going one way, people are losing interest, I have a few friends who will never miss a cup game home or away but tonight they are not going due to recent performances and how dire we have become.  We have also for one reason or another failed to build on promotion the other season and get bigger gates than I thought, not just down to results, earlier in the season we had a shocking gate when home to Burton and had the chance to go top. 

We are now a smaller club than the likes of Notts County, Wrexham, Stockport, Chesterfield, Southend who are averaging similar, probably more in lower leagues despite low away followings.  I know people go on about Smurthwaite and we lost supporters through him but these clubs all had equally bad owners and dropped through the leagues even more but have been able to build up their support to a greater level than before.   Stockport are getting 10k in league 2, even when we had a great run under Clarke during the September/October/November promotion season, we would be getting 6 apart from the end of season. 

Not going tonight , never missed a game through choice in over 50 years until the Derby fixture . Sadly our style of play bores me to tears , and these cold nights . means I would rather stay at home .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MBE said:

I do love your posts mate always passionate and very optimistic.

Approaching halfway through this season we are we deserve to be. 

We haven't picked up points our general play deserves because we are one of the worst teams in the division in both boxes. Thats where it maters. 

A big few months for the club to change direction.

Without the drubbing on the opening day we would be one of the best defences in the league. Every team below us has conceded more and quite a few above us have too. It's the lack of goals that is the issue, defending wise since day 2 of the season we have been pretty decent. The mistakes that cost us goals are amplified by the fact we can't score any to stop the mistakes at the back being so decisive. 

• Like 6

On 11/12/2023 at 16:16, Devine intervention said:

I love how folk prioritise the league and I get that I really do however the cup is where you attract new support (I bet there's folk who ain't being Vale Park for years going Middlesboro game ).

So for me a big game tomoz if it wasn't I wouldn't go. 

The fact I'm going before a 8 hr night shift well I put FA cup progression very high on my wants for Vale .

Lets hope the players play like they do too 

On the subject of Loft there's been some harsh words about the lad yet last tues he headed narrowly over from a long throw and put in the best ball across the box in the first half which should have being converted .

Other that that not much to get excited about .

He is mobile and why not start him this tues he might head one in and he might have a excellent cross converted.

Lets back all our players not just our favourites last home game v Derby if Smith did something like head a ball the hamil were really applauding him as he obviously a favourite ,but as soon as Loft comes on looking for a reason berate him. 

Come on you better than that Vale fans including massey and Loft 

Back all the players 

UTV 

Loft is this year's Massey ( who is still this year's Massey, in some eyes!). He is clearly lacking confidence and gets no credit for anything he tries because it's easier to just slag some players off!

• Like 3