onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wrexham (A) FLT G match thread 7th Nov

Fosse69

43 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Walters was one of several and I think you’ve hit the nail on the head, fitness and the learning experience.

No idea where Buah normally plays but he looked a bit lost apart from a couple of decent runs so he’ll benefit like the rest

Fans need to get off Loft’s back, he will get better, admittedly he’ll never be a superstar.  At least it takes the focus off Massey.

Nobody is expecting him to be a "superstar". But is a striker that's actually a bit of a goal threat asking too much these days?

Advert

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Agreed re Loft. Hopefully he’s just low on confidence and coming back to fitness, as currently he’s bloody awful. I’d rather Kurtis Guthrie!

He genuinely couldn’t trap a bag of wet cement, nor could he score in a brothel… 

In all seriousness, I really hope he proves us all wrong & goes on to have a decent career for the Vale.

4 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

He genuinely couldn’t trap a bag of wet cement, nor could he score in a brothel… 

In all seriousness, I really hope he proves us all wrong & goes on to have a decent career for the Vale.

He's 26 and has 21 league goals to his name, almost all of them coming in League Two. I wouldn't count on it.

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

I’d agree with this view.

In terms of the other players I thought Lomax was the best of the youngsters.  I also thought we missed TC after he went off.

Edit: Just to add what a pair of <ovf censored> their commentators on iFollow were.  Although the result is pretty much an irrelevance, for them to then suggest that our fans had gone to see Wrexham and that the win was a giant killing because we’re a league above, beggared belief.

Why else would nearly 700 people travel for over an hour on a Tuesday night for a dead rubber match in a scab cup? I'd be interested to know how many of those individuals showed up to see the U18s against Liverpool in the FA Youth Cup last season, a game with far more intrigue as a supporter of Port Vale and football generally...

Just back, will keep it brief but Rhys Walters what a performance for 45 minutes, he was absoutely immense.  He looks a great prospect and never like hyping up players especially when against a reserve side but whatever contract he is on, I would be looking at extending it, for me he can easily come in for Ojo or Ollie and we would not be weaker on that showing.

Watched all the game first half really should be leading by a few more Debrahs curled one just past tge post Chisletts had a beauty saved and the goal was a outstanding goal Walters through ball and massey doing what he should be doing laying goals on a plate for the forwards on this occassion he did Thomas smashed it home .

No idea what was said in the dressing room but second half not the same let a very poor team back in the game and in the end made them look a good team with organisation at the back non existent such were the chances they were having through poor marking and poor leadership. 

In the end they deserved win .

I thought all our young ones especially Walters and Lomas Buah  gave a very good account of themselves  

Conlon did well also chizzys a fine player and massey played well first half not sure what the hell he was contributing second half .

All in all a positive night for the academy .

The equalising goal is a joke once again tge positional play in the centre of our defence needs addressing the ball should have being cut out and who's man was mullins ,disgusting goal really and the  winner a header from a terrorist sympathiser with massey not doing his Job if it was his man .

Deary me what a poor way lose the game .

Doesn't matter though put our best 11 v there's we win every time 

OK few marks .

Leutweiler 7 unbelievable save then from resulting corner beaten ,overall he did OK. 

Lomax 7 very tidy player very good on the ball I think at 60 mins though all the young ones should have made way for the younger ones who come on .

Smith 5 first half we were totally in control first half so nowt do,second half I have no idea what he was playing at but I guess Mullins is is man so why from cross is he no man's land and mullins got a easy tap in when really he should have being on him or close enough to not let ball fly all the way across our box to intercept like that Edwards who played for P/boro did time and time against us .

Sick of seeing that kind of goal going in against us pick your man up 

Debrah 6 great shot first half thought he looked ill at ease all night especially on the left side .

Massey 6 first half probably best half in a Vale shirt a assist and generally doing things well .

Second half if he is going take responsibility for picking McLean up from a corner make sure he doesn't have a free header he didn't he scored and mugged us off 

Very costly our younger players deserved better than that .

Walters 8 star man who is this sublime footballer ,I'd have given him a 10 but after 60 minutes he should have being withdrawn and why wasn't he Crosby couldn't you see the game had changed .

Conlon 7 tidy play from the lad were winning when he was on but understand why he was taken off but he shouldn't have being the only one at that point in the game .

Buah 7 showed a lot of promise shame that shot didn't go in on 64th minute turning point in game as that be 2-0  it deserved too he was mega positive liked him .

Chislett 7 a shot what deserved go in first half and a left foot effort what on another day in second half would have gone in but unfortunately it didn't. 

Loft 5 not much say really it wasn't good he as a lot to do 

Thomas 6 finished beautifully first half then went into his shell second half come think of it quite a few did .

All other academy lads who come at least gave us enthusiasm for me 20 mins too late .

As Parkinson won that game he was brave with his 3 subs and I'm.sorry to say Crosby just stuck to same old and that's why we lost why didn't he get the same  second half display as first(he should be demanding they don't drop there standards ) whatever was said in changing room did not have the desired effect .

UTV 

No doubt we could have won that game if we'd started (or brought on) a few first teamers. Ollie, Devine, Ojo, Plant, Uche etc would have had a field day. But don't want to risk injury - happy to take a loss (and still getting through) whilst giving academy lads a chance to shine. And wow, did Walters and Lomax in particular shine. Get 'em signed up Carol!

8 hours ago, bobbymanc said:

Why else would nearly 700 people travel for over an hour on a Tuesday night for a dead rubber match in a scab cup? I'd be interested to know how many of those individuals showed up to see the U18s against Liverpool in the FA Youth Cup last season, a game with far more intrigue as a supporter of Port Vale and football generally...

Well, why don’t those 700 go to Wrexham when they are playing someone else? If they only went to see Wrexham, it ain’t far. 

They went to watch the Vale and Wrexham is always a good trip where we have always had a good following. If I was still living in the area it is definitely a game I would have gone even without Wrexhams recent fame.

10 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

No disgrace losing that game, Vale played well for most of the games, some of the younger lads played well beyond their age.

Mullin and McClean are good players at Lge1/2 level.

Yes, but we lost again. At half time all the stats were in Port Vale's favour. In the second half they didn't move in terms of shots on the opponent's goal. But Wrexham had something like 12 shots on goal. It's no wonder they scored! 

What does the manager do. He takes off Conlon (ok I appreciate why) who can tackle and brings on McDermott. To win this game the correct sub was Plant who has much more defensive prowess and needs a game in midfield. And what happens 4 minutes later Wrexham score. 

Then, have weakened midfield Port Vale are clocking up negative stats which are clearly energy related. If this game is about experience get the subs on with the legs. But no. Wait until they score then bring a pile of subs on for a few moments. 

So I'm annoyed because we keep losing games we could draw or win and it needs to stop. The result should have been Wrexham 0 Port Vale 1. 

Archived