onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wrexham (A) FLT G match thread 7th Nov

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Middlesbrough are a big club. Much much bigger than Vale

Hard to see why you can’t understand it, they are bigger but not giants.  They’re not even tearing up their league at present.  It would be a cup upset rather than giant killing.  We’ve beaten comparative giants in Spurs and Everton at the time.  We’ve played Man City in recent times.

Going back to the original point, are we giants compared to Wrexham?  That’s what their commentators said, a giant killing, so we must be giants compared to Wrexham in their eyes, although I tend to think the more sober fan would disagree.

Advert

A giant killing is open to interpretation, if going of club size we Giant Killed Derby and Accrington and Morecambe giant killed us which clearly isn't the case in the same division!

For me from a Vale point of view any Vale win against a Premier League Club would be a giant killing, against a Championship side it would just be an upset.

Same as a League Two or top end National League side side beating us would be an upset, but a non league outfit outside the big National League side would probably be a giant killing.

That said I dont think any EFL Trophy tie can be a giant killing or upset due to the changes clubs make.

If we beat Middlesborough it will be an upset, nothing more, nothing less, if we got through and beat say West Ham then its a giant killing.

26 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Sorry for the mix up but let me get this straight, are you saying that Arblaster, in his position, is the midfielder in the country?

Of his age, yes. He's a regular in the national team in that position for a reason. 

I like Arblaster but it's insane to think he's the best 19 year old English player in the country. Even for this forum which is full of magic.

He’s not necessarily THE best but he’s certainly one of the best English midfielders of his age group hence why he is in the national side, same with Alfie Devine so the view isn’t necessarily insane from the poster.

4 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

No need to angry. Have I actually said its a giant killing if we beat Middlesbrough??I'm just asking a few questions on what people think would be a giant killing. 

Nobody is angry, in fact I’m a bit too happy today.  For future reference responding to some stranger on an internet forum will never be something that will make me angry, bemused possibly but never angry.

Totally agree but neither will score plenty goals and that was the original point made. Personally I think Loft will get more goals than Uche when his fitness gets better but still won't get many.

We keep talking about and we have been since he arrived at the end of August once he gets his fitness… how long does it take?

The jury remains out for me on Loft, I’ve seen nothing YET, to suggest he’ll offer anything when playing, in any game.

He must be thinking it himself, surely? He’s performing like he is extremely low on confidence and playing him, is making absolutely zero difference, the club need to support him in other ways if it is confidence, mindset in case he gets injured again??? Something isn’t right, he’s been awful so far.

4 hours ago, Valiiant said:

I like Arblaster but it's insane to think he's the best 19 year old English player in the country. Even for this forum which is full of magic.

He is far from it. For example, Rico Lewis is younger at 18 and can play as RB or anywhere in midfield. If Arblaster was the best central midfielder in the country at his age (which he isn’t) he would not be playing in division 1.

46 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

He is far from it. For example, Rico Lewis is younger at 18 and can play as RB or anywhere in midfield. If Arblaster was the best central midfielder in the country at his age (which he isn’t) he would not be playing in division 1.

The objectives with Arblaster are that he was not yet good enough to get into Sheffield Utd first team squad. Sheffield United are currently bottom of the Premier League after 11 games which is 29% of the season. They're in a battle with 3 other teams to stay up and therefore have a 75% chance of being relegated. 

Arblaster looks like he could play and may well play at Championship level next season. Therefore it will be very interesting to see how he does v Middlesbrough. If our manager picks him. 

Coming back to whether this game at Wrexham matters. When there are 7,870 fans in the stadium, it matters! It's not a trivial game. 

Archived