onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wrexham (A) FLT G match thread 7th Nov

Fosse69

Advert

14 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

I single him out because he's a striker and doesn't score goals. If he's in the team just to bring others into play then that won't work as there's not enough goals elsewhere in the side, that's pretty clear. How long are people going to keep going on about his fitness for? His record for a striker is pretty shocking, especially at League One level. So as he been unfit all that time? He's 26 and there's not a lot of improving left in him. He's a really poor signing, Bristol Rovers fans weren't kidding.

He’s not the only striker we’ve got who’s not scoring goals though is he.

His record is there for all to see, so obviously the club haven’t signed him purely for his goal output.  Seemingly he hasn’t played many games in recent times and if you’ve played any football yourself you’ll know that makes you rusty, so what we’re talking about is match fitness rather than just running ability.  There’s also confidence or lack of.  This is where you can help, with your positive support and motivation when you’re watching the team.

40 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

He’s not the only striker we’ve got who’s not scoring goals though is he.

His record is there for all to see, so obviously the club haven’t signed him purely for his goal output.  Seemingly he hasn’t played many games in recent times and if you’ve played any football yourself you’ll know that makes you rusty, so what we’re talking about is match fitness rather than just running ability.  There’s also confidence or lack of.  This is where you can help, with your positive support and motivation when you’re watching the team.

No, he's not. But surely he was brought in to score goals. With how he's performed so far we may as well have just put Nathan Smith up front. When he does something worth praising, I'll praise him. I wouldn't boo him as I wouldn't any player during a game. But I'm certainly not going to find and make excuses for him.

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

It was interesting to note the Bristol fans reaction when we signed Loft and their genuine astonishment when it appeared we paid money for him. Assume that was based on the infamous  process and stats. I dont know those figures but on over 40 years of watching the Vale I have seen good strikers and many more poor strikers who play in that position but dont score. I know which category Loft fits into.

I don't disagree with you, out of interest which category does Uche fit into ?

I'm not impressed by much at L1 level. I thought Matt Taylor who is allegedly prolific at our level was poor. Give him enough shots and he will score eventually. So would I!

We need to work on making what we have signed better. I think Uche can cut it and be a 1 in 4 or 5 man. Get him fit and keep him. I agree Loft needs a lot of improving. 

Goals win games 

We have scored very few goals from our play this season .

We need score 3 or 4 most games to win a game as we like a sieve at the back for all our excellent football think we only scored 3 in two games up to yet .

We need to improve our taking chances ratio .

I've heard Crosby mention it so many times we need be ruthless and better in both boxes until we are we will continue to drop down the table and to me that be a travesty as the football we play deserves be top 6 finishing material.

So lots do I've no idea how it's going change but it needs too .

We don't attack the ball enough from set plays .

Do we have a best header of the ball .

I think we put in already this season 400 balls set pieces corners and I think Wilson heading one home v Charlton and icavetti v Oxford is all I've seen us rewarded with .

Did notice watching match of the day highlights that Eastbourne had a centre half who scored 2 absolute fantastic headers maybe in Jan bring him in just so we have some kind of excitement if we win a free kick or corner in attacking final third .

We are shocking at our movement aswell from.balls in 

Fu-king move 

8 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

OK few marks .

Leutweiler 7 unbelievable save then from resulting corner beaten ,overall he did OK. 

Lomax 7 very tidy player very good on the ball I think at 60 mins though all the young ones should have made way for the younger ones who come on .

Smith 5 first half we were totally in control first half so nowt do,second half I have no idea what he was playing at but I guess Mullins is is man so why from cross is he no man's land and mullins got a easy tap in when really he should have being on him or close enough to not let ball fly all the way across our box to intercept like that Edwards who played for P/boro did time and time against us .

Sick of seeing that kind of goal going in against us pick your man up 

Debrah 6 great shot first half thought he looked ill at ease all night especially on the left side .

Massey 6 first half probably best half in a Vale shirt a assist and generally doing things well .

Second half if he is going take responsibility for picking McLean up from a corner make sure he doesn't have a free header he didn't he scored and mugged us off 

Very costly our younger players deserved better than that .

Walters 8 star man who is this sublime footballer ,I'd have given him a 10 but after 60 minutes he should have being withdrawn and why wasn't he Crosby couldn't you see the game had changed .

Conlon 7 tidy play from the lad were winning when he was on but understand why he was taken off but he shouldn't have being the only one at that point in the game .

Buah 7 showed a lot of promise shame that shot didn't go in on 64th minute turning point in game as that be 2-0  it deserved too he was mega positive liked him .

Chislett 7 a shot what deserved go in first half and a left foot effort what on another day in second half would have gone in but unfortunately it didn't. 

Loft 5 not much say really it wasn't good he as a lot to do 

Thomas 6 finished beautifully first half then went into his shell second half come think of it quite a few did .

All other academy lads who come at least gave us enthusiasm for me 20 mins too late .

As Parkinson won that game he was brave with his 3 subs and I'm.sorry to say Crosby just stuck to same old and that's why we lost why didn't he get the same  second half display as first(he should be demanding they don't drop there standards ) whatever was said in changing room did not have the desired effect .

UTV 

You are so blinkered it clouds your judgement and rating players.

Archived