onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mansfield (A) EFL Cup R4 match thread Oct 31st

Advert

21 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I think its all about 'reading the room'. Maybe at the world cup when there is a samba beat. Even Glastonbury hippies at the Stone Circle, but Mansfield on a foggy night? I remember some bed wetter at Crewe with trumpet once back in the 90's.

I remember this vuvuzela things at the 2010 World Cup. They were, however, the right size and shape to insert in a bodily orifice!!

I think its all about 'reading the room'. Maybe at the world cup when there is a samba beat. Even Glastonbury hippies at the Stone Circle, but Mansfield on a foggy night? I remember some bed wetter at Crewe with trumpet once back in the 90's.
Used to love a pounding 4x4 beat back int day

15 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

The midfield isn't and hasn't been a problem. Not having a lot of quality up front is. And even more than that, playing the same wing-back formation despite having your actual wing-backs either missing or not up to speed has been a big issue.

Ojo has been our best player this season. Arblaster has obvious quality but should have a few more goals/assists to his name.

To be fair all the players, have had chances to score (even Rip on Saturday)  and missed. I feel Sang is getting used to it as a w-b and Planty is obv out on the wrong side and better in midfield. But both are not fully defensive w-backs and that shows when either Left or Right "c-halves" get pulled over ( lack of cover so crosses go in and we know it leads to goals).

Midfield have done well agreed. But we basically have 3 defenders and 1 attacker so that leaves 6. 2 w-b, 3 mid or pushed on and 1 "attacker". Kane was not available.

I am sure AC understands all of this. But that is not Crosbys fault, injuries even the odd suspension all add up.

I like most on here would love a finisher, but they are not available, maybe we grow one from the youth team. 

One thing is for sure we do look better playing the ball faster and closing down. When we had our run we looked confident in doing that, I feel a few injuries/knocks have put us back a bit (not last night). 

Lowe looked solid last night, Nathan needs to be central for me though, so that is an issue.

We have to go with what we have and if they perform we will be okay, but like any club we cannot stand still. I do not think we will. Money is always an issue, but thats okay if we get good loans at the right time.

Not had chance comment much on last night as family emergency .

Really enjoyed it the drive was long especially getting out of Stoke on Trent as picked m8 up from ashman Street even worse because nephew thought it was good idea have two pints before we went so had to stop twice because of weak bladder lol .

As for the team I thought we controlled so much of that game I think to a man that's the best we have played since Portsmouth (first half) but last night it was all game bar one tremendous save from CR .

Really couldn't see what was happening first half the fog was so low believe we had some really great opportunities but couldn't see a thing .

Marks there going be high for all .

Ripley 7 great save didn't put a hand wrong .

Lowe 9 quite frankly superb calmness impersonated .

Debrah 9 out of this world well played 

Smith 8 always plays better if partnered by a good player welllast night he was partnered by 2 excellent performing players .

Oko 9.3 superb passing and movement 

Sang 9 interweaves the play he is some player I thought he was top notch .

Arblaster 9 superb player shame he didn't score his time will come soon

Devine 9.5 man of the match gliding footballer of the most excellent order ,deserved goal .

Garrity 9.4 he still be running now he was immense .

Uche 9 never stopped working for the team I felt he deserved  a goal he was worthy of standing  ovation when come off .

Plant 8 outmanoevred them most of the night .

All in all a fantastic response to criticism from some quarters .

Bring on the draw that Crosby and the owners and players deserve and can i add support also who yes have once lost it on sat but let it be known that more often than not as long as performances are to the level they need to be have applauded the team off .

Well done Vale I'm chuffed but not for me for the owners .

Please Rigg the draw and give us a biggie 

UTV 

Still buzzing after last night. Couldn’t ask for more effort from the starting 11, haven’t been the biggest fan of Sang at times but his delivery was excellent last night and if we can get Uche on the end of some of those crosses this season we’ll be laughing. I’d be binning off the short free kicks and corners when we’ve got a bloke with his ability on the pitch.

The loan lads are also a class above what we’ve had recently. Hoping for a Liverpool or Chelsea away tonight but ultimately, who cares, we’re super Vale and we’re in the last eight!

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I remember this vuvuzela things at the 2010 World Cup. They were, however, the right size and shape to insert in a bodily orifice!!

They are neither here nor there. Definitely not a musical instrument. Definitely not pointed enough or heavy enough to be a proper weapon. But yes, there is far worse - the trumpet. 

5 minutes ago, Warren said:

They are neither here nor there. Definitely not a musical instrument. Definitely not pointed enough or heavy enough to be a proper weapon. But yes, there is far worse - the trumpet. 

Air raid siren at Lincoln isn’t great either 

Archived