onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mansfield (A) EFL Cup R4 match thread Oct 31st

Well after that shocker yesterday what team can Crosby put out for not 1 but 2 big cup ties thus week .

Going on Tues hope we play as well as last away game I went v Pompey and get goals this time .

I'm a believer in what goes around comes around .

Sometimes you play and lose and sometimes you play absolutely shocking and win .

I'll be cheering Vale on that's all the 1698 sell out  can do .

Not going go into how good they are it's pretty obvious there a good side who will be full of confidence. 

Team well who knows 

UTV 

Advert

Can't see anything other than a 3 or 4 nil loss. Were without 8 players due to injury. We have 2 strikers in uche and loft un match fit and a midfielder conlon unfit in the squad. We have a massive weak link at wing back as plant can't play that position. We can't defend crosses into the box, we can't score any goals. They have a decent experienced manager in Nigel Clough and we have a novice in Andy Crosby who is likely to be sacked very soon. The problem we have got is due to them 8 players being out injured we have got continue using the same players from the Cheltenham game who performed so poorly. Well done vale fans on selling the tickets and I hope they get behind the team but it will only take a goal for Mansfield early and the moaning and booing will start again.

• Fosse69 changed the title to Mansfield (A) EFL Cup R4 match thread Oct 31st
5 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

Can't see anything other than a 3 or 4 nil loss. Were without 8 players due to injury. We have 2 strikers in uche and loft un match fit and a midfielder conlon unfit in the squad. We have a massive weak link at wing back as plant can't play that position. We can't defend crosses into the box, we can't score any goals. They have a decent experienced manager in Nigel Clough and we have a novice in Andy Crosby who is likely to be sacked very soon. The problem we have got is due to them 8 players being out injured we have got continue using the same players from the Cheltenham game who performed so poorly. Well done vale fans on selling the tickets and I hope they get behind the team but it will only take a goal for Mansfield early and the moaning and booing will start again.

Other than that. Do you think we'll win?

3 hours ago, Granville said:

I can see it being this as we have no other centre backs, Plant looks exhausted and sure someone here said the other day Chislett is suspended?

Ripley

Cass, Debrah, Smith

Sang, Ojo, Arblaster, Massey

Devine

Loft, Thomas

Is Lowe injured or was he rested ,the same with Garrity we need both  back in .

Otherwise I'd go with this team 

Ripley 

Cass Smith Debrah 

Ojo Walters 

Plant  Arblaster Devine Conlon 

Thomas .

When you think about there side they have a massive centre half Flint well I think if we go like for like then we doing ourselves a disservice so I'd start Thomas flood the midfield with players who can pass the ball well and freely and see if we can get Flint red carded with bringing Thomas down for stonewall pen .

That's the way get hold of that ball and move it all around the pitch and after Thomas has ran his course introduce Uche to bulldoze through and score twice .

Remember we have played 2 up front for 90 mins v Barnsley 0-7 and sat and both performances lacked control ,back to one up front for me this game .

We can win this game .

It's all about hunger I've swapped my shift go .

The committment from the fans is there it better be from players 

UTV 

8 hours ago, chickensteve said:

There's no stream for this match is there?

Gluten for punishment or just love watching horror shows.  🤣

We will probably pull out a win after the previous matches and look good (fingers and toes crossed). 

Come on Vale, they are on a winning streak, so about time we are the ones who stops winning streaks.

Sorry after Saturdays pathetic effort I just can’t see us up for anything! I think a spanking of the highest order is on the cards. Loose to the stags then the brewers only then will AC be on his way. Defeat is one thing the manner of them is another.

4 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Is Lowe injured or was he rested ,the same with Garrity we need both  back in .

Otherwise I'd go with this team 

Ripley 

Cass Smith Debrah 

Ojo Walters 

Plant  Arblaster Devine Conlon 

Thomas .

When you think about there side they have a massive centre half Flint well I think if we go like for like then we doing ourselves a disservice so I'd start Thomas flood the midfield with players who can pass the ball well and freely and see if we can get Flint red carded with bringing Thomas down for stonewall pen .

That's the way get hold of that ball and move it all around the pitch and after Thomas has ran his course introduce Uche to bulldoze through and score twice .

Remember we have played 2 up front for 90 mins v Barnsley 0-7 and sat and both performances lacked control ,back to one up front for me this game .

We can win this game .

It's all about hunger I've swapped my shift go .

The committment from the fans is there it better be from players 

UTV 

I think it is time for Thomas but not if Crosby is just going to have Ripley kick the ball like a rugby back. I'm up for trying Conlon at left wing back but don't know his real fitness level. Neither Uche or Loft are fit enough to play this game where we need legs all over the pitch and we need to play counter attack football. 

Archived