onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mansfield (A) EFL Cup R4 match thread Oct 31st

13 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

He will get better and I've always acknowledged he can be a nuisance. But I certainly don't think he's capable of being anything more than a one in 4 games kind of guy, and even that's being optimistic. His career tells you that. I prefer him over Loft but certainly don't see him as our long term solution.

Same reply as to other posters can we not give players match time to get match fit before deciding they aren't good enough.

Advert

Totally agree, personally I think he's getting better with every game, his touch & sharpness is getting there & will prove to be more of an asset than Uche in my opinion.

Wow he’s way off , looked like a pub footballer last night , a fully fit Uche staying on would of been so much better

4 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Same reply as to other posters can we not give players match time to get match fit before deciding they aren't good enough.

Sure, but you can't just ignore career records or totally dismiss what other fans of previous teams have said about him. So far I've only seen someone who isn't good enough at this level and I expect that to continue.

17 minutes ago, smithie said:

They'll probably be sent back to their parent clubs today now we're out of the Cup as predic.....oh, hang on a minute.

Garrity is so essential to the way we play. The work he does makes every player around him look a little bit better. 

Also, he’s a lot more skilful than some on here give him credit for

He is playing with a better quality midfield to support him now.

Much of his career has been at a higher level than what we play at.

He was a handful and decent goal scoring level when he played gor us as a teenager. Did you see him play for us?

Loft, when fit, will offer something different to Uche. So all in all I think you may change your mind when each has played a dozen or so games injury free.

I am not expecting Alfie May or similar but I think both will enable us to greatly improve our goal scoring record.

Great night and what a difference three days make in football.

A lot of fans were negative about the game but as I said before lets not make them more than they are, we are the league one side and the gulf was evident largely down to our outstanding midfield.

Arblaster, Ojo and Devine were unplayable and Alfie has really started to click into the player we were told we were getting. We have to focus our midfield on them three going forward and Garrity doing the "ratting"

Felt Uche was getting better last night, held it up well and battled hard, had a couple of chances and this is probably the best midfield in League One but being wasted because we have no one to finish the chances, we just need to crack that.

Most complete performance of the season from minute 1 to 98, Debrah was outstanding, Sang and Lowe quality, Lowe is key to our defence whilst Yak is out as we looked so much more organised at the back than Saturday with his experience.

Pray now for a good draw, Ipswich or Middlesbrough would be a real downer, got to enjoy nights like that after some of the tougher times we've had, classy club Mansfield again and wish them well.

Do you need a Visa for Kazakhstan? and any good boozer advise for Marseille Away? 😁

8 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Any chance someone could put a drum vote on here and then give the SC the results to take to the club.

Personally I am with you Jean, but perhaps the younger section of our fan base think differently.

There was a vote at the first supporters summit.

Patrick Shanahan liked the idea of a drum and he asked the room if anyone was in favour.

It was a unanimous and resounding 'No'

Totally agree, personally I think he's getting better with every game, his touch & sharpness is getting there & will prove to be more of an asset than Uche in my opinion.

Just how long does it take… he’s miles off for me at present, there was a moment in the 2nd half where is tripped over the ball and it went behind, I thought it summed him up. I also don’t see the work rate of the other players on the pitch, looks very laboured and out of possession doesn’t do enough yet. I’m sure his running stats must say that…

Needs a massive improvement for me and fast!

I have watched various videos and I have to say the support from Vale fans on a Tuesday night was magnificent. I do think that influenced the game. 

It seems to me that Vale Park still remains a void place stadium compared to an away end. I don't know what can be done about that. Maybe Mansfield think their stadium is also a void space for them at home and their away support is better?

To be fair at home the choir doesn't get united as it can do at away games. 

2 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Just how long does it take… he’s miles off for me at present, there was a moment in the 2nd half where is tripped over the ball and it went behind, I thought it summed him up. I also don’t see the work rate of the other players on the pitch, looks very laboured and out of possession doesn’t do enough yet. I’m sure his running stats must say that…

Needs a massive improvement for me and fast!

If he's not fit, the thing a centre forward can do out of possession is interrupt passing across the back line. Go and mark out of the game the best passing centre half as a disrupter. 

Archived