onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mansfield (A) EFL Cup R4 match thread Oct 31st

Advert

5 hours ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

There was a vote at the first supporters summit.

Patrick Shanahan liked the idea of a drum and he asked the room if anyone was in favour.

It was a unanimous and resounding 'No'

For some reason that drum was ok to me watching highlights. 

However, I have only regularly been to one ground with a drummer - Tranmere. I can tell you that in the Bebington Kop, which holds 6k fans, with that at the back, and the way the sound amplifies it, was monumentally annoying. In the much smaller Hamil Road stand at Vale Park, people would lose their marbles over it. 

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Garrity is so essential to the way we play. The work he does makes every player around him look a little bit better. 

Also, he’s a lot more skilful than some on here give him credit for

Like the play off final, we could have had two in a few minutes and seen the game out more comfortably. Unfortunately he couldn't find the right touch to lob it over the defender or simply slide it through after some miscontrol almost played us in. Don't get me wrong he is EXCELLENT at ratting, but his first touch and maybe composure/speed of decision making can be a limitation.

fWqvBSc.png

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

There was a vote at the first supporters summit.

Patrick Shanahan liked the idea of a drum and he asked the room if anyone was in favour.

It was a unanimous and resounding 'No'

What was the average age of those in attendance? 

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

I was in the sad position of witnessing the Dortmund drummers at Newcastle. At half time in the queue for the Ladies we were looking for volunteers to infiltrate the away end and knife the bloody things!

I'd go mad if I had to put up with THUD THUD THUD every home game. Dreadful things that don't create atmospheres.

3 hours ago, Valiiant said:

It's sad that our two best players by far yesterday were both loanees who won't be at the club next season in Devine and Arblaster. Not to say some others didn't play really well though who are our players, Ojo and Garrity in particular.

Hopefully we can now beat Burton on Saturday and then have a bit more confidence going back to the bread and butter of the season in League One where we have fallen off the horse big time of late. Something needs to be done in January in regards to the strikers though. I think people putting all their hopes and Ikpeazu coming good once "match fit" are going to be dissapointed if they are expecting him to solve our goal-scoring issues.

Were you watching the same game? Ojo and Garrity were excellent last night. Ikpeazu had a really good game for an hour until he was knackered, we controlled the game until he went off then the game swung more towards Mansfield as Loft was not keeping the ball.

5 hours ago, Osh said:

Vtid - m8, stick your membership application in to the Happy Clappers Club this morning (the rest of the committee were on the sherry last night - I'm the only one that's up!) and I'll get it approved straight awa for you brother. 

Might cost you a pint in Tommy's next time I'm up from the South Best. 😏

Woah, Woah, woah, there Osher Lad! We can't be admitting anybody, you know! There are processes and protocols to go through before admittance into this exclusive club can happen. Just because the rest of us were "sherried up" doesn't mean decorum goes out of the window!

We need to examine his form, for instance, after a run of 8 games without a win.....did he clap? Was he optimistic? Did he demand AC go? Did he boo? There is so much to review.

VTID, your application is on hold until full references have been taken, I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

Were you watching the same game? Ojo and Garrity were excellent last night. Ikpeazu had a really good game for an hour until he was knackered, we controlled the game until he went off then the game swung more towards Mansfield as Loft was not keeping the ball.

"Not to say some others didn't play really well though who are our players, Ojo and Garrity in particular."

Not sure which part of that you're not quite understanding.

9 minutes ago, Doha said:

I'd go mad if I had to put up with THUD THUD THUD every home game. Dreadful things that don't create atmospheres.

I think its all about 'reading the room'. Maybe at the world cup when there is a samba beat. Even Glastonbury hippies at the Stone Circle, but Mansfield on a foggy night? I remember some bed wetter at Crewe with trumpet once back in the 90's.

3 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

"Not to say some others didn't play really well though who are our players, Ojo and Garrity in particular."

Not sure which part of that you're not quite understanding.

Sorry, just read your comment again. Devine has been hit and miss since we’ve had him though although he will become more consistent and will be a quality player, same can be said for Arblaster although I think he has been more consistent but on a positive note we have Chislett to come back who IMO is as good as both of them and I am hoping Walters breaks through to the team and develops in to as good as player as well.

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

Sorry, just read your comment again. Devine has been hit and miss since we’ve had him though although he will become more consistent and will be a quality player, same can be said for Arblaster although I think he has been more consistent but on a positive note we have Chislett to come back who IMO is as good as both of them and I am hoping Walters breaks through to the team and develops in to as good as player as well.

The midfield isn't and hasn't been a problem. Not having a lot of quality up front is. And even more than that, playing the same wing-back formation despite having your actual wing-backs either missing or not up to speed has been a big issue.

Ojo has been our best player this season. Arblaster has obvious quality but should have a few more goals/assists to his name.

Archived