onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

2 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

I'll see this season out m8 then because I've had a few things happening at games which could lead to worst case scenario hospital ,going not renew just go when feel like it .

I'm.finding it harder and harder work till 6 a.m sat morn have a few hrs sleep then spend a hr odd travelling to and from the games to watch at times diabolical performances ok at home we seen some goals it's being better bar last week where if I could have walked out on 30 mins I would have and sat there watched all of it and thought (why am I here this is so underwhelming ).

So there's your answer fella .

Lewk after theesen, yewth - tinner woth mekking theesen bad fer a game a footy 🙂👍

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

5 feet 9.  It's all the Vale's fault that I can't see the pitch when some big fat knacker comes to sit in front of me.  They could at least have the pitch moved a foot to the right on my behalf.

Sorry I will move 🙂 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Joe, we will only know come the end of the season, whether it’s been a master stroke or a self inflicted disaster. In my case and others it’s the inept performances on the pitch that are getting ppls backs up. If we had a poor squad that battled and lost fair enough, but we seem totally bankrupt of ideas. I stated that I thought we’d survive the drop but I think I’ll have to reconsider my opinion, with others around us strengthening in their forward ranks. If we do go down the financial impact will be massive. We’ve been riding the wave since Carol took over however the wave has certainly reached its peak. No one wants the club to go out of business by over spending, but get things right on the pitch or the oxygen of the club, the fans, will be reduced greatly. Reduced number of fans, reduced food and drink sales, reduced merch sales and sponsorship. I know I’m quoting the obvious but I’m very disappointed.

Agree about not judging the windows (both) until the end of the season after all they’re just a means to an end (an improved finishing position to the season before). However, I’d question that fellow candidates for the drop have strengthened their forward ranks, added to them yes but hand on heart I can’t think of any that would have got my pulse racing if we’d have signed them.

I’m neither confident we’ll stay up nor convinced we’ll go down there are other teams in the mix who’s fans are having very similar conversations as us, but as others have said what’s done is done, there’s not much we can do as fans now other than getting behind the players and giving them our FULL SUPPORT , whoever is selected and wherever they are asked to play. As the song goes ‘I’m Vale ‘til I die’ irrespective of how we play, where we play or which league we play in.

UTV!

Edited by Trumpingtonvale
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Agree about not judging the windows (both) until the end of the season after all it’s just a means to an end (an improved finishing position to the season before). However, I’d question that fellow candidates for the drop have strengthened their forward ranks, added to them yes but hand on heart I can’t think of any that would have got my pulse racing if we’d have signed them.

I’m neither confident we’ll stay up nor convinced we’ll go down there are other teams in the mix who’s fans are having very similar conversations as us, but as others have said what’s done is done, there’s not much we can do as fans now other than getting behind the players and giving them our FULL SUPPORT , whoever is selected and wherever they are asked to play. As the song goes ‘I’m Vale ‘til I die’ irrespective of how we play, where we play or which league we play in.

UTV!

T the support is never in question. Fans just want what’s best for them and the club. It’s so frustrating the little information that comes out of the club and then what does come out doesn’t happen. Perhaps less talk about the infrastructure.

Edited by Playa Amodores

4 hours ago, JRC said:

Connor Wickham hasn't played since May. You are probably looking at mid March before he's fit.

Without looking at the list it probably leaves Deeney and Gayle. Gayle will have suitors, what we can offer him is regular game time. Similar situation with Deeney. 

Does seem this window has been reminiscent of the Maynard window, where we held out in the hope of a signing fans would have been very happy with; ultimately missing out on lesser players we could have signed. That's football. Sadly I think we may end up finding out how good Debrah was as a centreforward. 

Don't rule out any of the foreign options on that list, Flitcroft said we were widening the search to other markets at the fans forum😉

Just cracked open another beer and feeling reflective.

It's so easy to get sucked into the doom and gloom. Most things are gradually inching forward at the vale. It takes time as we don't have mad money to through at it. Anyway if we stay up I think we'll be in even better shape for next season. We're seemingly getting money for transfers now, in amongst the loans have brought in some good players (Chislett, Deborah etc). The youth players will be a year older and more experienced.

I do think Crosby has been dealt a bad hand. We can't rewind the transfer window so all we can do is get behind the team, stop moaning, strap in and try our best to enjoy the ride.

• Like 8