onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

They also said that we want to follow the Peterborough and Brighton model of developing players and then selling them on,the board have agreed that the more the model progresses and the more money that comes in then it will be spent on improving the team,bringing in the high calibre players we all want

• Thanks 2

Advert

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:

The bloke is absolutely deluded. Scouring the Scandinavian market for the next Ryan Loft is he?

Doesn't fill me with any hope, especially his comments about the rest of this window. Bite the pillow for the second half of the season, we're in for a rough ride.

Do you not think the current squad is enough to stay up? 

• Like 1

They also said that we want to follow the Peterborough and Brighton model of developing players and then selling them on,the board have agreed that the more the model progresses and the more money that comes in then it will be spent on improving the team,bringing in the high calibre players we all want
You have to spend money for that to work. Peterbrough spend millions to make millions.
  • Like 2

Just now, Walka003 said:
2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

You have to spend money for that to work. Peterbrough spend millions to make millions.

who have they spent millions on? just interested

They didn't start off by spending millions though

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:
3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

A bit like Rudgie did

who have they spent millions on? just interested
They didn't start off by spending millions though
Cumulative millions rather than individual millions I meant. Ivan Toney was approx 650k according to reports at the time, Sriki dembele 500k (I can't be bothered to google more but there'll be others ).

It's paid dividends for them obviously, but you have to chuck money at it to make it that system work. The club have said on numerous occasions they can't afford to compete in the UK market basically, what chance have we got of doing an Ivan Toney any time soon.

3 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Cumulative millions rather than individual millions I meant. Ivan Toney was approx 650k according to reports at the time, Sriki dembele 500k (I can't be bothered to google more but there'll be others emoji16.png).

It's paid dividends for them obviously, but you have to chuck money at it to make it that system work. The club have said on numerous occasions they can't afford to compete in the UK market basically, what chance have we got of doing an Ivan Toney any time soon.

I wouldn't bet on it...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Rot. Every club wants to buy low and sell high. That isn’t a model of anything, that’s what the club has always done. As others have said, Peterborough and Brighton spent money. We got some hopefully talented lads from somewhere else on loan. Not developing anything our own. 

I just think it was all hot air. If the Liverpool and United prem lads are a success then they will simply leave the club and back to square one. 

I don’t think they should not be here, they have a part to play, but they should be supporting a structure of decent players coming through, not be seen as big stars who will keep us up. 

Cut through the bull from Flitcroft and we are left still needing a decent striker, which he reckons is out there in Sweden for some reason, probably because he got Rudgie’s book for Christmas. Forgetting we have Loft for another 18 months thanks to him and have kept Uche thanks to Charlton not wanting to go through with a deal. 

We all know there are great strikers out there, the elephant in the room is that they cost money. That’s what’s really missing here, the money, not the quality strikers. 

• Like 2

Just what I didn’t want to hear and I don’t know why some accept it. We are 18th. Survived by the skin of our teeth last season and are looking at a couple more loans and no permanent signings. If we stay up we will have what 4 loan players to replace in the first team and then attempt to improve the squad as well. Let’s hope these two that have joined are as good as some think otherwise we will struggle. I’m very concerned about our forward options. Injury to Wilson which will inevitably happen will crush us.

Was there any word on Uche staying / going? we can’t let him go now imo. 

At least we’re looking in the right areas (LWB and ST) 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1

Rot. Every club wants to buy low and sell high. That isn’t a model of anything, that’s what the club has always done. As others have said, Peterborough and Brighton spent money. We got some hopefully talented lads from somewhere else on loan. Not developing anything our own. 

I just think it was all hot air. If the Liverpool and United prem lads are a success then they will simply leave the club and back to square one. 

I don’t think they should not be here, they have a part to play, but they should be supporting a structure of decent players coming through, not be seen as big stars who will keep us up. 

Cut through the bull from Flitcroft and we are left still needing a decent striker, which he reckons is out there in Sweden for some reason, probably because he got Rudgie’s book for Christmas. Forgetting we have Loft for another 18 months thanks to him and have kept Uche thanks to Charlton not wanting to go through with a deal. 

We all know there are great strikers out there, the elephant in the room is that they cost money. That’s what’s really missing here, the money, not the quality strikers. 
Who are these 'great strikers' that you think we should spunk our money on with guaranteed success?

21 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

The bloke is absolutely deluded. Scouring the Scandinavian market for the next Ryan Loft is he?

Doesn't fill me with any hope, especially his comments about the rest of this window. Bite the pillow for the second half of the season, we're in for a rough ride.

Oh it all sounded desperate. Where has the money gone? This Vale Park campus sounds lovely but won’t be going ahead in league 2 and frankly I think we be wasted on a motley crew of bargain bin signings and loans.

This January is turning into a Smurfwaite “sweetie jar” special. “Look Vale fans, let me spoil you with all these loans that I am not paying for”. 

Then he has the cheek to try and fool, admittedly very effectively in some cases, people who think we are a “special” club who were scouted to take on these precious talents from Prem clubs. 

The only reason these guys are here is because Flitcroft can say, well we don’t have anyone better, so of course they will get games. 

Most managers at other clubs would be wary of making such promises to unproven players, but Crosby has no choice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4