onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

12 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I like the optimism, but this idea we were “scouted” because of our abilities as a club that can nurture talent is a load of bull that Flitcroft has spun us for. I hope it works, but I will take his ability to talk well with a huge pinch of salt. 

Man United currently have numerous players on loan at a range of clubs as follows:

44MFEngland ENGDan Gore (at Port Vale)[231

]48DFEngland ENGWill Fish (at Hibernian)[232

]52FWEngland ENGJoe Hugill (at Burton Albion)[

233]66DFEngland ENGRhys Bennett (at Stockport County)[234

]68MFPoland POLMaxi Oyedele (at Forest Green Rovers)[235]

Liverpool

28FWPortugal PORFábio Carvalho (at Hull City until 30 June 2024)[149]

45GKBrazil BRAMarcelo Pitaluga (at St Patrick's Athletic until 30 November 2024)[150

]46DFEngland ENGRhys Williams (at Port Vale until 30 June 2024)[151]

72DFNetherlands NEDSepp van den Berg (at Mainz 05until 30 June 2024)[152]

Not really the mega coup being touted about. Are all these other clubs, Burton, Forest Green, Stockport all specially selected? In fact, all of his peers are on loan at a level below or equal to us. So the idea we have become a pull for a load of Championship level youngsters isn’t true. They are u23 players in teams we often stuff in paint point games. 

There is no special “scouting magic” that has made us more appealing. We used to get players in from Nottingham Forest quite often under Askey in league 2, it just happens that now we are in league 1, the youngsters can now come from the Prem. 

The only reason any Prem team would be keen to loan their youth players is for games. The reason we can offer them guaranteed football is because we have a glaring shortage of quality in first team areas as we have not bought our own guys in. 

Anything else is just Flitcroft fairy tales and decent PR spin. I admit we are far better at that these days. 

Gore is a far better player than those others you've mentioned who've joined forest green, burton & stockport. Hugill is another decent prospect but i don't see any of those above except the ones at hibernian & hull getting in the Vale side. And they are bigger clubs than we are so it's understandable they've gone to those respectively 

Edited by Vtid

Advert

5 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Just out of interest does anyone remember when we last played..... it seems like it was around 1986

Seems like forever, I've ever taken to looking at videos on the tablet, just watched pitch side against Swinedon, what a night that was.

Now I've got Van de Lans song going in my head for some reason but it's  "ooh ah Danny Gore said ooh ah Danny Gore" 🤣😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, barny61 said:

Seems like forever, I've ever taken to looking at videos on the tablet, just watched pitch side against Swinedon, what a night that was.

There's some full 90 minute games from years long gone on the OVF YouTube channel if you are missing watching Vale in action. 

Note: they are of varying quality due to a) VHS tape deterioration b) production values (the in-house ones can be poor quality) so you may need to click on a few to find the ones with the best video/audio. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLitB7Hn9e6bkCSpx3SJKU6yenZxE0vfz-

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, robf said:

There's some full 90 minute games from years long gone on the OVF YouTube channel if you are missing watching Vale in action. 

Note: they are of varying quality due to a) VHS tape deterioration b) production values (the in-house ones can be poor quality) so you may need to click on a few to find the ones with the best video/audio. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLitB7Hn9e6bkCSpx3SJKU6yenZxE0vfz-

Cheers Rob, I have probably watched most of them but I'll have another look.

And while I'm on I'll just mention my favourite oatcake filling which is cooked bacon and white cheese with beetroot and beetroot juice tipped on the plate for dunking. Have had this since the early sixties. Before anyone replies YUK i'll say don't knock what you've never tried.😂😂

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Just out of interest does anyone remember when we last played..... it seems like it was around 1986

Here's hoping for a repeat of the next 15 years then 😎

• Like 2